maintenance

lee as stated buddy R&M may be you best bet to go for as with any used unit bought private you pays your money and takes ur chance, shuttles daf is prob a good buy after all the damm thing has nearly been rebuilt,by him,
you carnt realy cost in ie i will need 2k for a turbo etc as the thing may never go in your ownership of the truck, there agian it may go twice in 2 years “then what” did you account for that. i under stand mate about been carefull etc, but with anything used and bought private /dealer you take your chance and hope its a good un, ok dealers may offer bit of warrenty “god my spelling is getting worse” on the truck but sometimes that aint worth the paper its wrote on, buy shuttles daf lee, if its a pup we all can call round at his and duff him up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . get something bought lee and have a go at it, this asking to many questions will only put you off more and more buddy,and by the time you know it you are past it :wink:
just one thing to remember look at what you earn now?? take £350 aweek of that, and thats what you will have working for yourself and 105 hrs a week plus sat and sunday :smiley: in the bargin too

Remember what I said about the Renault trucks choice “driveline top up warranty” :question:
It covers ALL major components right down to the wheel hubs and half shafts/brake calipers/air valves and drier/startermotor and alternator etc etc.
The only stuff it doesn’t really cover is cab electrics.

The only thing maintenance wise you would need to budget for in the first 12 months after buying from the Renault dealer is the usual wearing parts and servicing.
The quote I received for the second 12 months was very reasonable too. :wink:

Surely there must be some stonking used deals available at this time :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiley:

there are some cracking deals about at the moment, just been qouted 40k for a daf 105 s/s 480 185k kilometres ex bulmers on a 57 plate, and thats from a daf dealer

globby 480:
, buy shuttles daf lee, if its a pup we all can call round at his and duff him up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

that’s a good idea - it’s a “known” truck rather than something totally unknown (I don’t know it there are people on here do anyway) and if it goes wrong we either duff him up or publish the picture from the do, with the [zb] t shirt :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

as for finding a decent ERF, I thought that was an oxymoron :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I would also avoid a R&M Package !

If you’re paying £150 a week, What happens when the repairs for a month are over £600 - the temptation is there for the dealer to scrimp on the repair, overlook something while it develops etc :wink: If you’re paying for each repair as you need it you are in charge of what gets done and you can be sure it’s done properly !!

Denis F:

globby 480:
, buy shuttles daf lee, if its a pup we all can call round at his and duff him up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

that’s a good idea - it’s a “known” truck rather than something totally unknown (I don’t know it there are people on here do anyway) and if it goes wrong we either duff him up or publish the picture from the do, with the [zb] t shirt :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

as for finding a decent ERF, I thought that was an oxymoron :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I would also avoid a R&M Package !

If you’re paying £150 a week, What happens when the repairs for a month are over £600 - the temptation is there for the dealer to scrimp on the repair, overlook something while it develops etc :wink: If you’re paying for each repair as you need it you are in charge of what gets done and you can be sure it’s done properly !!

i think, given the choice, i would rather take a beating than have the pics published :blush: :blush: :blush:

but, neither will be necesarry with that particular truck

Is this Globby480 starting to mellow towards the DAF marque? Has that maggie got to u already Daz?

Lee, u sort of answered ur question at the very beginning on this one! Truthfully if we all cost this job out, none of us would’ve got into it. U wont 100% buy new & even that’s no gaurantee (excuse spelling) for trouble free running. Go for it if you’ve got the confidence u never know it could work out ok!

lee mat:
not many ec11s about at the mo drove out having a look at one a few weeks ago to get there and find and find it was a detroit diesel ec12 which are supposed to be a pain on parts nice cheap tidy motor for its age the one i walked away from last week was an ecx shuttles daf looks tidy with it been a super space thought it would sell easy

If it was an EC12 then it would be a Rolls engine not a Detroit, the Detroit variant are rare and are called the EC127. ■■■■■■■ is the EC11.

thanks for the replys as i tried to say at first i no theres no actual answer its sensible money in the bank rather than ppm its just a case of under estimating the costs of repairs as you lads no it can be shall we say a shock to system as for get a truck and give it a go just by asking advice can help avoiding some big mistakes figures and homework first money later the truck buying is in hand just trying to find something that fits the bill for my own curcumstances cheap as chips and a bit of luck onwards and upwards or weigh the dam thing in after its all gone wrong ‘i gave it ago’ as for 105hrs a no way sorry bud needs to be full time the erf was a detroit 127 spoke to the bloke who owned it thats why i didnt bother with it

haulier:
Is this Globby480 starting to mellow towards the DAF marque? Has that maggie got to u already Daz?

you are on them funny bloody woodbines again HAULIER Towards dafs phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, i think i have the giggles now as i carnt stop lafffffffffffing at this :laughing: dafs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: dafs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: daffffffffffffs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

get out of here HAULIER, my sides are hurting now

Hi Daz, i thought the support wouldn’t last long, haha! Has spanky put u on percentage if u sell his truck, thought you’d have tried to sell him ur Scania?

topboy trucker:
Just get out there and do it mate…find yourself a decent truck and give it a try…be the master of your own destiny.

I am looking at a decent ERF EC11 Olympic…the reason i want one of these is they have a big enough cab for a few nights out and are made of fibreglass(no rust issues) and as far as the maintenance is concerned…it should’nt be a problem as i am a ■■■■■■■ trained fitter…so most jobs i can do myself saving me a fortune…and that is where it counts… :wink:

it’s only the outa skin thats plastic mate, they rust from the inside like you’d never know but a very good starter bus all the same and driven in the right manner you’ll get minimum 1mpg more than any other wagon on the road @44t which as you’ll discover is far more important than any other consideration when it comes to an end of year reckon up.
i had four years as an o/d and the books tell a true story, the year i had running an ec11 which i bought cash for 5k shows vastly more profit than the following three where i’d gone firstly to an old globby (incredibly expensive for parts in comparison) and then to a relatively new megaspace (no mantainence as it was new but finance payments to make your eyes water), in hindsight if i’d stuck with the erf i’d probably still be doing it now.
if you eventually buy one i’ve got contact details for a fella who’s got a yard full of secondhand spares and knows these trucks inside out.
good luck.

paul b:

topboy trucker:
Just get out there and do it mate…find yourself a decent truck and give it a try…be the master of your own destiny.

I am looking at a decent ERF EC11 Olympic…the reason i want one of these is they have a big enough cab for a few nights out and are made of fibreglass(no rust issues) and as far as the maintenance is concerned…it should’nt be a problem as i am a ■■■■■■■ trained fitter…so most jobs i can do myself saving me a fortune…and that is where it counts… :wink:

it’s only the outa skin thats plastic mate, they rust from the inside like you’d never know but a very good starter bus all the same and driven in the right manner you’ll get minimum 1mpg more than any other wagon on the road @44t which as you’ll discover is far more important than any other consideration when it comes to an end of year reckon up.
i had four years as an o/d and the books tell a true story, the year i had running an ec11 which i bought cash for 5k shows vastly more profit than the following three where i’d gone firstly to an old globby (incredibly expensive for parts in comparison) and then to a relatively new megaspace (no mantainence as it was new but finance payments to make your eyes water), in hindsight if i’d stuck with the erf i’d probably still be doing it now.
if you eventually buy one i’ve got contact details for a fella who’s got a yard full of secondhand spares and knows these trucks inside out.
good luck.

Thanks for that Paul… :wink:
This will be my 2nd time as an o/d…the 1st time around i had a daf 85.
I know about the metal framework on the cab…what i was meaning is that you can always keep them looking tidy…whatever the age of truck.
i know these trucks inside out to as i repaired ERF’s when i was on the spanners…many moons ago now… :laughing: :laughing:
You are not the first person to say that about the profit side of things running one of these…they might be getting on in years now…but they can show a more modern truck a clean set of heels… :wink:

haulier:
Hi Daz, i thought the support wouldn’t last long, haha! Has spanky put u on percentage if u sell his truck, thought you’d have tried to sell him ur Scania?

sell who the scania HAULIER?? lee or cpt spanky"■■ mind you if spanky got behind a proper motor he would be pooing :laughing: himself on a daily basis with all the power we have in the scanias as he hasnt relised yet that scanias aint down hill old cart racers
offerd lee it a few weeks ago in fact :wink: .

I meant Lee there Daz, me & spanky are way too Dutch to be taking on 1 of them Swedes!!! Lol.