Maintenance and tyres

Hi
Just wondering what own account operators set aside on a weekly basis for maintenance and tyres?
I have been offered an opportunity to go self employed and am just costing out at the moment. Likely to be a 6 year old vehicle shifting bricks and blocks.
I appreciate that it is like sticking your thumb in the air, however I am after a general figure that you may have used when you set up for you cashflows and forcasts

Thanks

OK, general figure, when I started I bought a four-year-old Renault Magnum with 530,000km on the clock and I allowed £120 a week for maintenance, now it has got 940,000km on the clock and I allow £160 a week. Both of these figures have proved to be very near the mark.

The thing is though, that maintenance isn’t a weekly cost. I can go months without problems, then need £5,000’s worth of work within the space of a month, one thing after the next. I’m sure every owner-driver would say the same. The thing to do is not to ■■■■■ the profits when things are going well, but to hang on to them for when you hit lean times.

Thanks Harry much appreciated

Dead simple if it breaks or goes bald or blows out you need to fix it 300 quid on a tyre or god knows how much if your engine goes bang you need to get it sorted to keep going you will either have plenty of money or not enough one or the other.good luck