Main agency COOP Avonmouth

Any body know which is the main agency at COOP Avonmouth, that’s if the place is open yet.

Thanks.

whey this new DC in Avonmonth.how far from Tesco.■■?

Wayne:
Any body know which is the main agency at COOP Avonmouth, that’s if the place is open yet.

Thanks.

Its not open yet but ND are doing the transport if you wanted full time check their website. :slight_smile:

Andrejs:
whey this new DC in Avonmonth.how far from Tesco.■■?

10 minutes.

ADR Network have recently (last month) taken over the national contract for the Co-Op.

They are advertising vacancies for Avonmouth on their website.

As a slight aside, do ADR have a good reputation as an agency?

Obviously agencies in general have a lousy press, certainly on here, so it would make a pleasant change to hear about a good 'un… :smiley:

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Worked for them about 15 years ago when the work in Devon was even worse than it is now. Kept me going full time so can’t knock them. Funny enough was on the phone to me mum couple of weeks ago and she mentioned they still phone to see if i need any work, even now ! Don’t know if that means i’m a decent driver or they are that desperate ! :smiley:

They’re the sole agency at our place and their drivers seem happy enough and are getting plenty of work by the sound of it.

ADR, that’s a shame. I was keeping busy with them but for some reason I have only had 3 shifts the last two weeks. Always keep my nose clean, never get any infringements or have bumps.

I have turned down a couple of late starts recently so maybe that’s the reason, never mind. Thanks for the help.

Mainline are still the main supplier for the Co-Op Portbury depot, not sure when the new Co-Op Avonmouth opens up

Avonmouth DC has of yet NOT been signed over. as its been said Nobblits will be doing all the transport and will be Desprate for drivers as they wont be able to get enough. I’ve also heard Morrisons is gong back in house.
Asda are also having a new DC being built next or very close to Co-op’s new DC.

The CO-OP depot at Wellington, Somerset is due to close on 25th November with all work transferring to Avonmouth on that day. The depot at Portbury will be shifting over to Avonmouth in early April 2013. There are over 300 staff at wellington and 350 at Portbury who are to be offered posts at Avonmouth, Wellington as transfers, Portbury as TUPE ( I believe the Huntworth Somerfield depot is also moving operations to Avonmouth in 2012). The Avonmouth depot was DUE to open in September!

Tazbug

Avonmouth is up and running. I was supposed to transfer there next week ( Sunday) as a driver but have turned it down to stay at Andover. They don’t pay over time and are £500 a year less at Avonmouth.
( banked hours instead of overtime)

Mark22_2:
Avonmouth is up and running. I was supposed to transfer there next week ( Sunday) as a driver but have turned it down to stay at Andover. They don’t pay over time and are £500 a year less at Avonmouth.
( banked hours instead of overtime)

Are you better off with traveling then mark…

7am start on a sunday… Gah at least its better than 5a :imp: m.

Thanks for the info, ashton gate and bald bloke :smiley:

It certainly sounds as though ADR are one of the better one’s then.

Thanks again :wink:

ADR? One of the better ones?

Got to Morrisons Willow Green RDC for my agency shift start of 0700 today Sunday 21/10/2012. Result? All been cancelled from 1900 Saturday. Not a bl**dy call from ADR to tell me!" Not the first time and talk to other agency drivers at Willow Green and hear the stories of ‘Not on the spread sheet’ - no work’ etc etc.

Told ADR NOT to use my mobile (problems with the mobile not poling the repeater) but call my landline, so got to Willow Green yesterday to be told you were cancelled and ADR say they left a message. Well, when I left home @0945, there was no message. When I got home that night, there on the mobile was a call from 0909 from ADR.

Some people may find them okay but frankly I have had nothing short of lousy experience from the Bristol office.

Regards Morrisions going back in house. There are a number of ‘outside contractors’ pulling their trailers now.

Piston broke:

I would not say they are one of the better ones at all, the are an agency and do not give a dam about you. They are more professional than some but still only care about getting bums on seat when they are needed. when it goes quite after new year expect to sit at home as with all of the rest.

I think ADR book drivers just in case they are needed are then block cancel when the work does not come up, easier for them than looking for drivers last minute when the supermarkets ask for a driver.

nick2008:
Avonmouth DC has of yet NOT been signed over. as its been said Nobblits will be doing all the transport and will be Desprate for drivers as they wont be able to get enough. I’ve also heard Morrisons is gong back in house.
Asda are also having a new DC being built next or very close to Co-op’s new DC.

Well let’s hope they pay better then Tesco Avonmouth and poach all their drivers, can’t see a pay war happening though. Moneys going to have to be better than average to justify travelling across the bridge every day.

Wayne:

Piston broke:

I would not say they are one of the better ones at all, the are an agency and do not give a dam about you. They are more professional than some but still only care about getting bums on seat when they are needed. when it goes quite after new year expect to sit at home as with all of the rest.

I think ADR book drivers just in case they are needed are then block cancel when the work does not come up, easier for them than looking for drivers last minute when the supermarkets ask for a driver.

Hi Wayne :smiley:

All I can say to that is that there appears to be a couple of positive reports and a couple of negative… Thats seems to be the same no matter who you work for or where you work… One mans meat is another mans poison and all that… :wink:

I have VERY limited experience of agencies and am only putting out very tentative feelers. Having said that, I am well aware of some of the stunts that they can, and do, pull. I like to do my research first and the best way to find out is ask… :smiley:
The best people to ask are you guys… :smiley: :wink:

bald bloke:
They’re the sole agency at our place and their drivers seem happy enough and are getting plenty of work by the sound of it.

Every now and then i get chatting to an agency driver at our place and i usually ask just be nosey are they keeping you busy and the answers are always “yes” and “they’re a decent enough agency”. So that is where i get my info from and which i pass on to fellow TNUK members.