Main agency COOP Avonmouth

Dan_1986:

Mark22_2:
Avonmouth is up and running. I was supposed to transfer there next week ( Sunday) as a driver but have turned it down to stay at Andover. They don’t pay over time and are £500 a year less at Avonmouth.
( banked hours instead of overtime)

Are you better off with traveling then mark…

7am start on a sunday… Gah at least its better than 5a :imp: m.

It’s the same distance to both depots. I quite like the south coast work and until the M4/M5 road works are finished I don’t really fancy that every morning! lol
7 am is still too early for me!!

‘‘Well let’s hope they pay better then Tesco Avonmouth and poach all their drivers, can’t see a pay war happening though. Moneys going to have to be better than average to justify travelling across the bridge every day’’.

Most of the drivers and wharehouse staff at Tesco are rumoured to have applied for the Co-op following the way they were treated when they moved from Chepstow. Tesco’s are seriously worried about it.

Worked for ADR on and off since September 07 the used to be really good but my branch had a staff change about a year ago and it’s gone right down hill , dropping you for shifts etc . I am lucky enough to get work from companies direct as well on short term contracts so told ADR to do one , soon had them on phone begging me to come back and told won’t be dropped and to be fair been back 3 weeks and they kept to their word . But they are a agency and we all know how they all operate . One thing I will say is in all that time they never been bad with payments .

The staff changed at my branch about a year ago and since then it has also gone down hill as well.

Wayne is that Adr as well ? If it is wonder what they did with the good people because my lot (Harlow) are really bad

chooch:
Well let’s hope they pay better then Tesco Avonmouth and poach all their drivers, can’t see a pay war happening though. Moneys going to have to be better than average to justify travelling across the bridge every day.

Most of the drivers and wharehouse staff at Tesco are rumoured to have applied for the Co-op following the way they were treated when they moved from Chepstow. Tesco’s are seriously worried about it.

I can’t speak for the Warehouse but the rumor of drivers leaving is just that, a rumor.

Some of the drivers have spoken about applying but drivers always moan about their jobs, the money does not match the wages paid by Tesco and without the benefits so I doubt any will go, I’m happy that the CO-OP are in the area and many others will also be coming to the area within the next couple of years this will increase the competition to secure drivers and give those who choose agency work greater opportunities.

Warburtons have had a banner outside their place advertising for class 2 drivers for a couple of weeks now and the Backline agency are also advertising in the area.
Motorcycles are free on the bridge :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mike68:
Motorcycles are free on the bridge :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

so is walking

garp:
Wayne is that Adr as well ? If it is wonder what they did with the good people because my lot (Harlow) are really bad

Yes ADR as well.