Magazines

We know some of you still buy them :wink: the question is… do you buy by subscription (delivered to your house) or impulse buy at a MSA/newsagent etc

the reason we ask, if we knock off quite a lump for subscribing online to Commercial Motor and Truck & Driver, over the cover price , would you subscribe ?

NOTE: if you hate the magazines and wouldnt buy them even if your life depended on it ( watch them posts amazingly disappear) - then this is not the thread for you - its not a knock the magazine thread but a bit of research to see if saving those who do want to read it a couple quid and give a benefit to being a member here, is worthwhile the expense of setting up the infrastructure needed.

Please vote above

I normally buy on impulse. If the cover grabs me I’ll buy it

Subscription for me and that little bit extra off would keep me subscribing for a few more years :slight_smile:

Just did an online subscription to Truck and Driver for £24 for the year??

Just buy them when i see new photo on cover .

I would subscribe to commercial motor but when I last looked it was something a 3 year subscription in the mag and it put me off.

I would prefer “pay as you go” Monthly contract with a month notice to cancel, paid by monthly direct debit.
I hate long term contracts, situations change constantly, what today is an affordable luxury, is tomorrow a pain in the wallet.
Hence the reason I most times buy them in my local newsagent.

In Holland I use to have a membership card for I think “Truckstar” and you could go to any newsagent to collect your copy.
Handy if you didn’t pas home for weeks at the time.

i will only buy if something grabs my attention on cover

I will flick through first and see if there’s anything of interest so please don’t wrap them in cellophane or I ignore them. Subscriptions don’t appeal to me as I could be paying for tosh.

Wheres the “I read it stood in W H Smiths on a 45, and put it back after I`ve finished” option?

Pansie Division:
Subscription for me and that little bit extra off would keep me subscribing for a few more years :slight_smile:

Ditto. I usually renew subscription at Peterborough truckfest although someone else did it for me this year - thought I’d better get that bit in before he did! I believe it works out a bit less than automatically renewing on the renewal notice letter, and I get the 'freebies too!

Muckaway:
I will flick through first and see if there’s anything of interest so please don’t wrap them in cellophane or I ignore them. Subscriptions don’t appeal to me as I could be paying for tosh.

partly with muckaway on this.
i like to have a quick flick through any mag i may buy, so if they are wrapped, they are losing a sale.
i’ll normally buy, trucking, truck and driver, and evo magazine every month, so a decent subscribe offer would tempt me.

A subscription to Trucking would be likely in my caase than T&D.

Normally if there’s something I like the look of on the front cover I buy iy

Impulse buy. If its got an article inside that particularly grabs my attention then I’ll buy it.

Commercial Motor on order from local newsagent.It helps to keep them delivering newspapers etc,as I live out in the sticks.Also I don’t go down the subscription route in case I peg it,just after paying the sub. :exclamation: :laughing:

Got no reason to read paper magazines these days as it’s all online!
There’s only one thing i use paper for these days!

jessicas dad:
I would subscribe to commercial motor but when I last looked it was something a 3 year subscription in the mag and it put me off.

you need specsavers JD, there’s a option for 1 year, 2 years or 3 years :wink:

i probably would subscribe if there was a decent saving to be made. i only buy it every few months so i’d have to weigh up the relative costs of buying 4 or 5 in the newsagent or having them all delivered.

I’m with above if the cover catches my eye I’ll buy it, I often read thru it at the local library “WH Smith” on a 45 and then put it back and pick up Nuts