M6 to M1

Just watched a TV show called trucking heavy. They were taking a
heavy load down the m6 to m1 but could not use flyover to join
the m1 because of the weight of the lorries. The flyover is less
then 12 years old how could it not hold the weight.

If anyone wants to watch the programme it was on 5 action.

M1 Trent Bridge is rated at 500 tons. That includes N/B and S/B. :open_mouth:

They never had the sense to put in a spur to go m1 s/b when they redid a14/ m6/m1 jct ( they thought it made more sense to travel upto jct 1 and come back on yourself ) , same as no spur to go m1 north when travelling m6 s/b ( thought it was better to come off jct 1 m6 & travel across country , so I’m not suorised

All bolloxs iv taken 44ton down a 3.5ton

TruckDriverBen:

Wow! A real truck driver… That’s what the industry needs, more people sticking two fingers up to the road signage. I’m sure that will all work out really well :unamused:

fingermissing:
Just watched a TV show called trucking heavy. They were taking a
heavy load down the m6 to m1 but could not use flyover to join
the m1 because of the weight of the lorries. The flyover is less
then 12 years old how could it not hold the weight.

I dare say Rikki-UK could probably answer that better than most on here, heavy stuff is his speciality

Probably over dramatising it for the tv, can’t believe that there’s a weight limit on it, like said it’s not that old.

TruckDriverBen:

I’m sure you also wouldn’t think twice about taking double decker trailer under a low bridge without bothering to check the clearence.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

drover:
Probably over dramatising it for the tv, can’t believe that there’s a weight limit on it, like said it’s not that old.

The haulage company aren’t likely to make an unnecessary detour for the sake of a TV show, if they want to create some fake drama there’s easier ways to do it.

No doubt if someone wants to identify the bridge in question, TNCSI could investigate. :laughing:

channel5.com/show/trucking-heavy

If the bridge…

Supports have little doors in them, they’re rated for 500 ton+.

Zac_A:

drover:

The haulage company aren’t likely to make an unnecessary detour for the sake of a TV show, if they want to create some fake drama there’s easier ways to do it.

No doubt if someone wants to identify the bridge in question, TNCSI could investigate. :laughing:

I watched a couple of episodes of this but couldn’t stand the drama queen idiot who does the voiceover, why can’t he just narrate without the over excitement?

Buckstones:
I watched a couple of episodes of this but couldn’t stand the drama queen idiot who does the voiceover, why can’t he just narrate without the over excitement?

Sadly they…

All do this. What could be reasonably informative and interesting shows are dumbed down to childish and annoying attempts at drama. There’s a quite famous one involving one of Eddie’s drivers, desperately looking for product in a customers fridge, whilst panicking on camera.

Advertising is worth more than viewer education and entertainment.

Buckstones:

I’ll take your word for it, TV ■■■■■ so much these days, most of the time I only watch stuff the kids insist on watching, right now that’ wall-to-wall South Park :laughing:

drover:

Surely, all bridges have wt limits on them?
On m-ways and major roads it will certainly be above the legal 44T limit, but for STGO type work, checks need to be done with the relevant agencies.
Looks like 80t gross / 16.5t axle wt.
nationalhighways.co.uk/media/u3 … -loads.pdf

yourhavingalarf:
All do this. What could be reasonably informative and interesting shows are dumbed down to childish and annoying attempts at drama. There’s a quite famous one involving one of Eddie’s drivers, desperately looking for product in a customers fridge, whilst panicking on camera.

And who could forget the lovely Fiona worrying that she was going to find a creamy mess inside her back doors? :stuck_out_tongue:

youtube.com/watch?v=iyDZTB1tyPw

Harry Monk:

yourhavingalarf:

And who could forget the lovely Fiona worrying that she was going to find a creamy mess inside her back doors? :stuck_out_tongue:

youtube.com/watch?v=iyDZTB1tyPw

youtu.be/iyDZTB1tyPw

Nice one Harry :laughing: I would never have watched that Stobart programme, but I could be persuaded by Harry Hill’s version

Buckstones:

Zac_A:

drover:

Kieran O’Brien

Wasn’t that called Eddie Stobart Trucks and Tiaras?

We’ve 30 less new lorries comming to replace the old ones being dehired, not sure how that will work , but that’s what lad itk said is happening , also have had a electric daf cf demonstrator in yard / saw it out one day as was arriving back pulling a tri
As for seeing 22 plates for sale , my mates 71 plate I think , was sold back to scania for more than they paid for it new according to him & replaced by a daf xg ( around nov / dec time
I seem as busy as when I started jan , going farther , often using 2x10 drives in a week , but lads who’ve been there years say it’s dead upto previous years , very few agency , ones that do come in are complaining they can’t get shifts / extra shifts or hours .