M6 to M1

Plenty of motorway bridges are not rated for over 44t, to move abnormal loads you need to get a movement order which states the exact route to be taken.

You will need to look carefully as there are more restrictions than you would imagine, often requiring you to exit the motorway, go round the junction underneath and back on again rather than use the flyover.

What is really annoying is when you move a load that is not over 44t but requires a movement order for width, it will still demand that you take these diversions.

Likewise moving something that is heavy but compact like a piling rig or crusher, we have several that we move that are CAT 2 loads but not wide. It will make us avoid roadworks with narrow lanes.

Harry Monk:

yourhavingalarf:
All do this. What could be reasonably informative and interesting shows are dumbed down to childish and annoying attempts at drama. There’s a quite famous one involving one of Eddie’s drivers, desperately looking for product in a customers fridge, whilst panicking on camera.

And who could forget the lovely Fiona worrying that she was going to find a creamy mess inside her back doors? :stuck_out_tongue:

youtube.com/watch?v=iyDZTB1tyPw

I believe her fears were realised, pretty sure there was a vid kicking around of her in a truck stop showers. If I remember rightly she was sacked for it.

Fuzrat:

Harry Monk:

yourhavingalarf:
All do this. What could be reasonably informative and interesting shows are dumbed down to childish and annoying attempts at drama. There’s a quite famous one involving one of Eddie’s drivers, desperately looking for product in a customers fridge, whilst panicking on camera.

And who could forget the lovely Fiona worrying that she was going to find a creamy mess inside her back doors? :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe her fears were realised, pretty sure there was a vid kicking around of her in a truck stop showers. If I remember rightly she was sacked for it.

That just…

Leaves more Qs than answers.

What kind of video and where can it be located? (asking for a friend). :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:

Fuzrat:

Harry Monk:

yourhavingalarf:

That just…

Leaves more Qs than answers.

What kind of video and where can it be located? (asking for a friend). :smiley:

There was a thread on here back in the day on it. If your “friend” :wink: looks at the hamster site and searches for “truck stop sl*t” They will find it :laughing: :laughing:

Fuzrat:
There was a thread on here back in the day on it. If your “friend” :wink: looks at the hamster site and searches for “truck stop sl*t” They will find it :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve passed…

That on to my friend. He thanks you in advance. :wink:

cav551:

Buckstones:

Zac_A:

drover:
Probably over dramatising it for the tv, can’t believe that there’s a weight limit on it, like said it’s not that old.

The haulage company aren’t likely to make an unnecessary detour for the sake of a TV show, if they want to create some fake drama there’s easier ways to do it.

No doubt if someone wants to identify the bridge in question, TNCSI could investigate. :laughing:

channel5.com/show/trucking-heavy

I watched a couple of episodes of this but couldn’t stand the drama queen idiot who does the voiceover, why can’t he just narrate without the over excitement?

Kieran O’Brien

The bit that always got me (and stopped me watching, tbh) was the breathless comments on vehicles, loads, and such, that made absolutely no bloody sense!

It’d go from:
“This heavy load is the same weight as six double decker busses!” And you think ‘Alright I can sort of grasp that idea in my head’

To:
“This titantic tank can carry as much liquid as 120,000 bottles of washing up liquid!” Err… what? What kind of human being sat watching goes ‘Oh yeah I can absolutely imagine a hunner thousand bottles of fairy liquid going into a tank!’ :unamused:

Maybe one day they’ll realise they don’t need to make the program super exciting and high-octane risky and just talk about what’s happening and why it’s sort of mildly interesting to folks?

Oh wait, this is daytime telly. Nevermind! :smiley:

Is that a big creamy mess around the back Fiona?

I hope they don’t do a remake of the show, as I suspect Phillip Scholfield will be at the front of the audition queue attempting to relaunch his career

Coat, hat ………… taxi

Fuzrat:

She must have been off her head to let that video be filmed/uploaded onto the internet. She was a presentable lass and I could visualise under different circumstances the Stobart series acting as a springboard onto wider TV work. Jamie Oliver’s break came when a TV crew rocked up to do a documentary at the restaurant where he was working as a sous chef.

Fuzrat:

Just viewed it …purely for research purposes needless to say.

Well she WAS definitely left with a creamy mess after all then eh? :laughing:
‘Bloody good shot sir and plen.’…you maybe know the rest. :wink: :smiley:

Which truckstop was it?..was it her fella or just some random trucker who got lucky? :smiley:

Never got this ■■■ tape stuff tbh.
Ok if it’s your thing for your own private use or whatever,… or even if you want to get into the business,.(as some girl I once knew did) then crack on, but once it is out there it ain’t gonna go away and it is always going to come back and haunt you and/or bite you on the arse sooner or later when you don’t need it.

On the other hand why did Stobarts sack her ffs ? :unamused:
What she does in her OWN time is up to her,.take her off the tv show ok, but sack her from her job?
She was not wearing the Stobart uniform (she was wearing ■■■■ all in fact :smiley: ) so she wasn’t bringing their name into disrepute…if that was at all possible anyway :smiley:
Shows just how far Stobarts actually are up their own arses after all :unamused:

Grounds for unfair dismissal there I reck, but mebbys too late now.

Harry Monk:

Fuzrat:

She must have been off her head to let that video be filmed/uploaded onto the internet. She was a presentable lass and I could visualise under different circumstances the Stobart series acting as a springboard onto wider TV work. Jamie Oliver’s break came when a TV crew rocked up to do a documentary at the restaurant where he was working as a sous chef.

Didn’t happen for that Dixon lad who was the main ‘star’.
Term ‘star’ used very loosely btw. :smiley:

The fiona soltysiak video tape is still available if you search hard enough for it

This has…

Gone waaay off topic innit. :smiley:

robroy:
She was not wearing the Stobart uniform (she was wearing [zb] all in fact :smiley: )

She was wearing a pair of socks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

robroy:
She was not wearing the Stobart uniform (she was wearing [zb] all in fact :smiley: )

She was wearing a pair of socks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Stobart issue ? :smiley:

More concerned about verrucas in the shower than showing her lady parts to all and sundry then.

They should have got the bloke who did the commentary on the documentaries to do the voiceover… “It’s very tight, he has to go uphill and it’s already wet and slippery… looks like he might have gone in the wrong entrance!”

yourhavingalarf:
This has…

Gone waaay off topic innit. :smiley:

Just a bit :sunglasses: I couldn’t NOT look for the vid after seeing the thread. :laughing:
TBH, with the poor quality of the video, she could have just denied it was her, that could have been any one of a thousand dark haired girls, though I’d guess the guy doing the porking was probably the one who uploaded it, and made sure to tell everyone “it was that lass from Stobbies”.

On the off chance that Fiona wasn’t intended to be a mercy killing for the topic; it’s worth mentioning that STGO loads are getting a lot of attention from the police these days, so it was sensible the crew in the TV show weren’t going to take any chances
facebook.com/hashtag/centra … olicegroup

Harry Monk:
They should have got the bloke who did the commentary on the documentaries to do the voiceover… “It’s very tight, he has to go uphill and it’s already wet and slippery… looks like he might have gone in the wrong entrance!”

:laughing: She should have had that Scottish piper that was on the other episode, knocking out a tune on his pipes., while she was doing the business. :smiley:

(Maybe ‘‘playing’’ a tune sounds better than ‘knocking one out’’ of his pipes, under the circumstances. :laughing: )

Back to the topic, I think you guys would be surprised and how many infrastructures on main routes cant cope with weights over 44 tonnes or axle weights more than C&U, for example currently running from Manchester to Southampton normal route M6 , M5, M42 M40 A34, for us its off at Middlewich , to rejoin two junctions later , off at Stafford to rejoin a couple junctions down, Off at Cannock along the A5 to rejoin at Tamworth, Off the A34 at Pear tree to take the Eastern Oxford ring road bearing in mind if your over 100 tonne you cant go over the brand new flyover by BMW so have to go under to the roundabout,and then continue to rejoin at Hinksy Junction, those alone add hours to the journey, theres so many structures on main routes that either werent built to take the weights or have decayed so no longer viable

So… Is the new Catthorpe junction - going to be rolled back into the death trap it used to be? :open_mouth: :confused:

The transition from M6 Eastbound to A14 Eastbound - is now seemless however, so there has at least been some improvement there.