M6 South closed jnc 16 Thur morning 05 Feb

Heads up, 2 hour delays presently :neutral_face:

Breaking News

M6 | Staffordshire | Southbound | Serious incident | Road closed

The M6 is closed southbound within J16 due to a serious incident. The road will be closed for several hours for clean-up and carriageway surface repair work. Currently there are ‘severe delays’ in the Staffordshire area and customers may wish to consider delaying their journey or to use alternative routes allowing extra travelling time.

Traffic approaching is being diverted past the scene of the incident using the J16 exit and entry slip roads.

Last updated on: 05/02/2015 07:46

Looks like a Tuffnels wagon n drag above the junction, 09.00 they’re craning it onto a low loader, queues are back way past 17.
Hope the drivers ok.

Got caught up in it this morning about 02:50, about 3 trucks back, must of only just happened as there were no blues there yet. A few people out of there vehicles milling around wanting to see whats occuring, didn’t think it was wise to do so, stayed in my cab till the cavalry arrived. Engine & lights off, tacho on rest & night heater on ! had a feeling i’d be there a while. 3 1/2 hours later, after the cops turned the cars & vans around & sent them back to the exit slip, hobby bobbies came knocking to tell me to back up, there was a waitrose wagon behind me & a tuffnels wagon & drag behind him, not sure if the tuffnels wagon was an “A” frame, but he was having a real hard time backing it up, all over the place. The waitrose driver stopped & came to have word, saying we might be better spinning around to get past him & in the end we both did, as others were too, not sure if it was that tuffnels wagon you saw on the low loader.

came past it at about 7ish going north bound looked like a tufnells drawbay and a de rooy drawbay all over the place

Saying it was a fatal on twitter.

I was sat at work and reading the log it said fatal but then paramedics had got the driver back. BBC Staffs says two drivers arrested. I would hazard a guess, and it is only a guess, that it might be the two De Rooy drivers. They are a bunch of cowboys and shouldn’t be let on UK roads. Hope the driver makes a good recovery.
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-st … e-31145629

I think tuffties w&d are all A frames

extrucker:
it might be the two De Rooy drivers. They are a bunch of cowboys and shouldn’t be let on UK roads.

A pretty bold statement to make without anything to back it up.

m1cks:

extrucker:
it might be the two De Rooy drivers. They are a bunch of cowboys and shouldn’t be let on UK roads.

I’ve noticed lately that many of de Rooys trucks are Polish registered.

bestbooties:

m1cks:

extrucker:

But that in itself isn’t enough to just say they’re cowboys and shouldn’t be on the UK roads. I’m pretty sure they’re high profile enough that they wouldn’t escape DVSA’s radar.

m1cks:

bestbooties:

m1cks:

extrucker:

But that in itself isn’t enough to just say they’re cowboys and shouldn’t be on the UK roads. I’m pretty sure they’re high profile enough that they wouldn’t escape DVSA’s radar.

and let be honest I’ve seen far more UK reg trucks in the weigh stations than others

I have dealt with numerous De Rooy vehicles as have my colleagues at DVSA. I have reasons why I made such a bold statement. The fact they opened a depot in the UK with no O licences would suggest they are cowboys??

extrucker:
I have dealt with numerous De Rooy vehicles as have my colleagues at DVSA. I have reasons why I made such a bold statement. The fact they opened a depot in the UK with no O licences would suggest they are cowboys??

You’re just a Womble wishing he was Police so wind your neck in, you know nothing :grimacing:

I was stuck in that too, just before J16. A bloke was coming down the queue telling people they were about to open the slip road, and he thought it was a fatality. Glad there wasn’t.

m1cks:

extrucker:

Why would they arrest 2 occupants from 1 vehicle? surely there must of been only 1 driving, unless they were doing a driver change at 55mph!!
http://www.staffordshire.police.uk/news/news_releases/150205_21_m6_rtc_arrests/?view=Standard
Two men from the other HGV, aged 39 and 42, have been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and having an insecure load and have been taken into custody for questioning.

m1cks:

bestbooties:

m1cks:

extrucker:

They didn’t escape the radar they had their uk license revoked. went past the services on the 27 yest is it rownhams and vosa had 3 of them in there. but that still does not mean they are at fault here. on memory they also lost there license they had in Sittingbourne they had after they acquired ed crest in early 90’s

Came past at about 315 going north and it did look a real mess unfortunately there wasn’t much left of the tuffnels prime mover

summerley82:

extrucker:

You’re just a Womble wishing he was Police so wind your neck in, you know nothing :grimacing:

+1 there…

weeto:

m1cks:

extrucker:

Why would they arrest 2 occupants from 1 vehicle? surely there must of been only 1 driving, unless they were doing a driver change at 55mph!!
http://www.staffordshire.police.uk/news/news_releases/150205_21_m6_rtc_arrests/?view=Standard
Two men from the other HGV, aged 39 and 42, have been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and having an insecure load and have been taken into custody for questioning.

If it’s a Double crewed unit, both are classed as drivers. Possibly, officers found particular evidence, say Tacho manipulation, magnet/second sender, running with little daily rest.
Just speculation on this occasion but based on experience.

Went past there about 10.30am. The Tufnells wagon was minus the cab, just the engine and box body with the trailer detached.