M6 North Closed Sandbach 26/06/15

Looks like a long one,

Avoid the area for a few hours, also everyone rubbernecking on SB causing delays

Sandbach NB.png

Albion and Boredwivdrivin will be arriving soon to blame the lorry drivers.

Right on the exit from the services, I’m no CSI but it doesn’t take much to work out what started the chain of events.
Luckily, although it looks a mess it doesn’t look too nasty.

Rentadent:
Right on the exit from the services, I’m no CSI but it doesn’t take much to work out what started the chain of events.

Latest 18 mile queues NB, SB starting to queue 18 Holmes Chapel back towards 19 Knutsford on the rubbernecking cway
1 driver seriously injured, Hoefully he’ll/she’ll be back on thier toes soon.
Going to be a long time yet, AI work going on and trucks haven’t started to be recovered yet.

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … es-9532429

On pic 2 it looks like one of our locals, Hampton’s with a load of scrap on.

I’ve just 'phoned my son who is loading in Brum to come back to Stoke this PM, and he suggested going into Cannock and up the A34, but I did say that the problem there was everyone getting off at Stafford, J13 or J14 would also be heading for the A34.
I found the best way is up the M54 to J3, up the A41 to Newport, head for Eccleshall then Stoke, brings you back over J15 onto the A500. Takes about 15-20 minutes extra, better than sitting in a queue!

Doesn’t look good. Hope all involved make it home in one piece.

Was on the radio earlier had to shut sb to allow the air ambulance to land not a nice 1

Appears to be a Left-hand drive TGX, hence the injury, I would imagine.

M6 now open, Its a polish driver hurt, will probably lose a leg.

When I went past it , they were filtering trapped traffic in to the Msa and then exit to bypass the scene.
The bulk tipper didnt seem that bad, busted windscreen.
The foreign fridge not so good, the left side of the cab caved in.
Get well soon to all involved.

Rentadent:

looking at that has the scrap man rear ended the white truck thats parked under the bridge causing a chain reaction back down lane one

Phew,got through there just before it happened. Didn’t avoid M40 being shut this morning though. Another vehicle fire.that must be about 10 at various places this week

Im not an expert and I know no facts about this incident but it looks like the Polish TGX has shunted into the back of the others. Nearly every motorway crash involves a foreign registered truck. They put no money into the UK economy but cost the UK £millions. The daily levy charge should be raised considerably.

extrucker:
Nearly every motorway crash involves a foreign registered truck.

Back this up with facts??

Born Idle:

extrucker:

He won’t be able to because it is typical Neanderthal talk.

Olog Hai:

Born Idle:

extrucker:

home.bt.com/lifestyle/motoring/ … 3979765626

SWEDISH BLUE:

Olog Hai:

Born Idle:

extrucker:

home.bt.com/lifestyle/motoring/ … 3979765626

Would appear to disprove the statement above. as 79% of accidents on the M25 don’t involve a foreign registered truck, and 93% of accidents on the M6 and M1 don’t involve a foreign registered truck. :wink:

extrucker:

Report:
The company estimates that around 1,060 motorway crashes involving overseas lorries are happening per year - a third of the total estimate of 3,100.

Thanks for posting the link to the report Swedishblue… :smiley:

I wouldn’t regard “a third” being equal to “nearly every”.