M6, Bloody Matrix Signs

Got on at 16 this morning 04.30, first sign said-M6 Closed J14-J13.
Then nothing until Keele, then more closure signs (ok, I’m thinking A50 !)
500 yrds from 15, Matrix said- To M5-35 miles-35 minutes.
So I took the Bet & stayed on the M6.

1st sign after the junction-M6 CLOSED J14-J13.

WTF do these Chumps eat for Breakfast ? Chumpabix ?

Few miles further on & the signs said Chumpforce (oops sorry !)
Workforce in road/lane closure.
When I got there a couple of minutes later ‘Nothing’ No Workforce, No Lane Closure, No Motorway Shut !
Looked like it had been clear for a while, so why can’t they Coordinate the signs with the workforce ?

Some one must be in charge of each section of roadworks, so surely 1 phone all from him & 1 press of a button & all the signs could be switched off ?

Am I being too simple ?

All you night Drivers & Trunkey Monkeys have my sympathy & respect for putting up with this ■■■■ every night.

I ring highways agency to notify them of matrix signs if they are flashing wrong.

The road closed signs over night I think should have a open from time on them so as u head down the road u now it will be open from x time and can plan different route or break.

Same with the speed limit signs , 40mph so everyone slows down but there is no traffic or no reason to slow to 40 , a few yards further down you see end, they cause traffic half the time because the dimwits leave them turned on

:laughing: yep day drivers have traffic we have Chimp control. would be good if the sign said closed till approx. 4am at least you know you could toss 15 min off somewhere rather than a 30min diversion …

They ■■■■ me off when they set at 40 then the next ones you see half a mile down the road are set at 60 then the next 40, grinds me down !

Kevwall:
They ■■■■ me off when they set at 40 then the next ones you see half a mile down the road are set at 60 then the next 40, grinds me down !

M42 60 . 50 . 40 . 20 :open_mouth: wtf oh its because of the slip road :unamused: :unamused: 50 . 60 . :confused:

Until they can operate the signs correctly, They should be banned from using them.
Either do the job right, Or don’t bother.
Useless bunch of layabouts.

The best of all is that all of this road is covered by cameras, they can see what is happening in the control room.

brados:
The best of all is that all of this road is covered by cameras, they can see what is happening in the control room.

I wondered how they put the sign up saying FOG :wink: :wink:

They must use the same bloody weather app as me.

Couple of weeks ago about 4am, was going southbound on M6 to come of at J15, one mile away matrix said “caution queue on slip road” guess what, nothing, not a soul on it , went straight up and round the green lights

icecoman:
I ring highways agency to notify them of matrix signs if they are flashing wrong.

and listen to a recorded message for ten minutes before you get through to a chimp ■■?
waste of a phone call.

Slow down"Swan landing on motorway,needs to go to Specsavers,thinks tarmac is water and is a river"
Road shut ahead “Nissan Micra in lane three,occupants having picnic and Eddie spotting with thermos and toffees”

nick2008:

Kevwall:

M42 60 . 50 . 40 . 20 :open_mouth: wtf oh its because of the slip road :unamused: :unamused: 50 . 60 . :confused:

A few weeks back there was a dog on the carriageway where the M6 Toll and M42 south join. Understandably the signs were set to 30 or however low they’ll go and in the event traffic had stopped to allow it to be rounded up.

Dog was shifted, traffic resumed, signs were set to 30 all the way along the M42-M6 north link road. That’s what, 2 miles past the actual incident

Day after day night after night we have to put up with the incompetence of the Highways Agency they are a law unto themselves and until they are held accountable to anyone we are going to suffer their absolute disregard for drivers and businesses.

Last night was another fine example of their total incompetence.

They knew there was two big Premier League football games in the Northwest what do they do close the M6 South at Junction 14 at 10pm when all the football traffic is heading back South from 10.30 onwards.

I passed Junction 14 heading North at 1am and the tail back of three lanes of standing traffic tailed back five miles at 1’oclock in the morning.

It took one of our trunkers two and a half hours to get through Stafford fortunately most of them came off at 15 and down the A34 but still copped at Stafford town centre adding an hour to their journey.

As i say its about time this so called Highways Agency were held accountable to some governing body and fined for their total and utter incompetence they are a disgrace!!

Maybe a regular training session would be of use to them, they could do, say, one day a year, over a five year period, just to develop their competence in a professional manner. They could even get a stifficate…

Absolutely amazing, and there are times when i have diverted because of them, and trundled my 44t through the lovely little villages, in the early hours…i think they should be put in the stocks, and once let out, only allocated a broom, for thats all theyre fit for.

Why not run over the dog.Job done.Road open.No delays.No cost.

moomooland:
They knew there was two big Premier League football games in the Northwest what do they do close the M6 South at Junction 14 at 10pm when all the football traffic is heading back South from 10.30 onwards.

I passed Junction 14 heading North at 1am and the tail back of three lanes of standing traffic tailed back five miles at 1’oclock in the morning.

Oh, so that’s what it was … I wasn’t stuck in it myself but I had a call from the other night guy at 1 ish saying he was queueing from the exit to Stafford services and expecting to be there for a couple of hours. Fortunately, not long after he’d spoken to me, some coppers turned up and got everything moving again.