M40

Whats the sitch with the m40 today or has it been covered?

manalishi:
Whats the sitch with the m40 today or has it been covered?

You talking about the closure earlier?.Heard on the radio there was a truck on fire one way.And a bad smash on the opposite side.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One driver of one truck dead after the trucks went up in flames…

But good old daily fail then goes on about ANOTHER truck causing further chaos after breaking down on the same stretch.

google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dail … -hour.html

simcor:

But good old daily fail then goes on about ANOTHER truck causing further chaos after breaking down on the same stretch.

Road to nowhere! Furious drivers rage as M40 is STILL closed 13 HOURS after HGV pile-up killed that driver and lorry fire - as ANOTHER truck causes misery by breaking down nearby

Brilliant headline :unamused:

mrginge:

simcor:

Road to nowhere! Furious drivers rage as M40 is STILL closed 13 HOURS after HGV pile-up killed that driver and lorry fire - as ANOTHER truck causes misery by breaking down nearby

Yeah whoever wrote that wants running over with said menacing trucks.

For gods sake no matter how what why or when a driver isn’t going home to his family and all people care about is being stuck in traffic jams or writing pathetic sensationalist headlines.

So turns out there was a truck fire after 2am.

There was a 3 truck crash after 4am which claimed the life of one driver in his 40’s.

Then a breakdown by another menacing truck in the same area.

Rip drive and condolences to his family.

That’s what is important at this moment in time.

simcor:

There was a 3 truck crash after 4am which claimed the life of one driver in his 40’s.

Was the 3 truck crash a completely separate incident elsewhere on the M40 or a result either directly or indirectly (ie directly opposite the fire and people turning to look causing it) of the fire?

DickyNick:

simcor:

Was the 3 truck crash a completely separate incident elsewhere on the M40 or a result either directly or indirectly (ie directly opposite the fire and people turning to look causing it) of the fire?

Don’t Know the article in daily fail now states 2 different times for 2 accidents which I don’t think it did before although I didn’t read all of it as I don’t read dross usually.

simcor:

mrginge:

simcor:

For gods sake no matter how what why or when a driver isn’t going home to his family and all people care about is being stuck in traffic jams or writing pathetic sensationalist headlines.

Who cares about a dead human when there’s headines to write, eh? What a pathetic rag that paper is.

There are two pictures in the Daily Mail article, claiming to show this morning’s tailbacks. The pictures are approx 10 years old.

Cosmic:
There are two pictures in the Daily Mail article, claiming to show this morning’s tailbacks. The pictures are approx 10 years old.

Bloody hell… :unamused:

simcor:

mrginge:

simcor:

What he said above… it really boils my bits to read Headlines like this, yes its a massive inconvenience to those who have been held up, but at some point they will get home to their loved ones, whilst one poor sod will never walk through his front door ever again.

RIP Driver.

We need TNUK/csi to investigate this,to put the the flail story correct.

It seems that the second crash happened in the smoke from the first. Why those trucks collided will be for TNCSI to discover.

powdertank:

simcor:

mrginge:

simcor:

What he said above… it really boils my bits to read Headlines like this, yes its a massive inconvenience to those who have been held up, but at some point they will get home to their loved ones, whilst one poor sod will never walk through his front door ever again.

RIP Driver.

Me too. Poxy headline fodder is all these cretins see. :angry:

Santa:
It seems that the second crash happened in the smoke from the first. Why those trucks collided will be for TNCSI to discover.

Some seriously hard smoke to cause 3hgv’s to crash…
Am guessing truck 1 See’s smoke panic brake,while looking at the fire on other carrigeway, truck 2 looking at fire doesn’t see truck 1 brake, goes into truck 1, then truck 3 See’s fire doesn’t see truck in front because of smoke.

Caused chaos I had a trip from Spalding to Avonmouth tried all ways to get round it and run out of time about half hour from home. Still got greeted with the usual peed off attitude when they had to scoop me up

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

P Stoff:
Caused chaos I had a trip from Spalding to Avonmouth tried all ways to get round it and run out of time about half hour from home. Still got greeted with the usual peed off attitude when they had to scoop me up

Why would you be on the M40 from Spalding…?

Perhaps I went wrong…or trying to avoid M42 snarl up and M6 roadworks taking A46 where instead of people letting through traffic they blocked the roundabouts.

SouthEastCashew:

P Stoff:

Why would you be on the M40 from Spalding…?

He wasn’t on the M40. The M42 and A46 routes were completely FUBAR as a result of the M40 closure. Common sense would tell you to avoid the area completely (P’boro-Northampton-Oxford-M4 would be the obvious alternative), but once committed to going through the Coventry area you’d be somewhat Donald Ducked.