M40 last night army police convoy

Anyone see the police army convoy last night on the m40 around junction 9/10 heading for london.
There was a fire engine at the rear followed up by police car then police van that looked liked an armoured vehicle with what looked like satellite equitment on top then similar army vehicle then two army artics pulling what looked like 40 foot boxs but covered in tarpulin the a army tractor unit with no trailor then two more of the army vans like the one s at the rear a police van same as one at the rear and a police car after junction 10 the police cars seemed to leave them but dont know what happened the rest of the convoy as i had passed them by then .

Put it this way, you would not want what they were carrying to go BANG, but then again it depends, if it went BANG near London i dont think anyone would mind. :smiley: :smiley:

yes I suspect it would remove the south east of england from the map if it went bang! :neutral_face:

if the trailer looked like this then its instant sunshine on board. think the fodens are long gone though.

yeah very similar but were dafs from what i could make out and the back up police vans and army vans looked the same apart from the police vans had the sattelite on top basically looked very like the square rigid prison or cash carry ing vans but you could see in the little square windows in the police ones and seemed to be full of computer screen monitors in there

they always travel with a command vehicle and a load of marines as guards aswell as the police. the trucks are airforce trucks. the old command centre was this. very smart for the military.

How to spot a convoy :laughing:

nukewatch.org.uk/spot.php

They were much smarter and smaller then that pic dave from what i could make out they could have been mercedes 7.5 tonnes or probably 10/11 tonne very similar to the prison vans but lower bodys on them

truckerjon:
yes I suspect it would remove the south east of england from the map if it went bang! :neutral_face:

Followed by an instant retaliatory strike on the North by the ones which we’ve got parked up and hidden there. :laughing: :laughing:

vinnyl:
They were much smarter and smaller then that pic dave from what i could make out they could have been mercedes 7.5 tonnes or probably 10/11 tonne very similar to the prison vans but lower bodys on them

Taliban POW’s being taken for release in Southall where the Hindus will be waiting to greet them. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Think i saw the same lot heading north earlier last week up through the works past j11 (might have been there or there abouts,all looks the bloody same in that dark bit where the lecky has run out!!)

they park them up sometimes at our local MOD depot. I sometimes work there, and the place is shut down tighter than a ducks arse

dave:

That’s cool. Can it be my camper please?

And how they solved question of the cab movement on the suspension if it’s attached to body?

orys:
And how they solved question of the cab movement on the suspension if it’s attached to body).quote.

I,m very sorry about this Orys. But it is Top Secret. If I told you, I would then have to kill you. :angry: :angry:

orys:

And how they solved question of the cab movement on the suspension if it’s attached to body?

If you look close enough the cab isnt attached to the body :wink:

As Dave replied, this type of convoy was always guarded by a Royal Marine detatchment. Can’t speak for nowadays.

DAF95XF:

orys:

If you look close enough the cab isnt attached to the body :wink:

You’re right!

So the cab can move freely, it’s not like in these ones, when the cab has to be rigid:

I spotted the convoy Sunday night just south of Wetherby.
When I was taking my Queens shilling they used to be in and out of Greenham Common a lot. The MOD soon learned that a determined dyke with a stanley knife could do loads of damage, hence you won’t see any exposed suzies on these trucks!

Maybe they’re en route to Afghan to create the worlds largest glass bowl!

orys:
So the cab can move freely, it’s not like in these ones, when the cab has to be rigid:

I’m pretty sure a custom built horsebox like that will have a tilt cab.

Colingl:

orys:

I’m pretty sure a custom built horsebox like that will have a tilt cab.

You mean the one which bends forward to get acess to the engine?

But I am talking about cabs on air suspension… This can’t be done if the body is build arround… I think…