M40 last night army police convoy

Parked up at Greenham Common the other night, the place still feels creepy. Still loads of things to remind you it was a US base. Wincanton have a container depot now on the old runway.

More to the point, did they have orange plates up ?

good question
i didnt really look to see but i don t recall seeing any

teatime:

They have special long ones:
3YEEEEEEEE-No go on run, really! Run! Run! EEEEE As fast as you can! EEEE

wilbur:

teatime:

They have special long ones:
3YEEEEEEEE-No go on run, really! Run! Run! EEEEE As fast as you can! EEEE

Brilliant :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sunshine trucks… yes.
Booties and RAF Regiment were assigned to guard them, plus the odd snowdrop and civilian police ■■■■■■.
They run out of a top secret base :wink:)on the A1 mainley for exercise purpose…a few years ago the drivers from ASU didnt even have the ADR licence to drive them loaded, hence no orange plates…if it came to them having to be loaded in peacetime, drivers from another top secret base on the M6 would have to drive them as we did hold the licence (and did we rip it out of them for that :wink:)…and seems we are not at war in the UK military vehicles must comply with all ADR rules and regulations…so loaded…no.

nice one Zorba,
of course it is waaaay to much to hope that VOSA stop a sunshine truck to discover that class 1 and class 7 are transported rather closely together , I would gladly pay to see that mans reaction :smiley: