M25 closed today.... "police incident"

First heard it on the radio heading clockwise about 6am this morning that the M25 was closed by J25 anti clock due to a police incident. Wheni went past there was a tent thingy, presumably over a body, and nothing else…

Was closed since 2:30 this morning apparently and never re opened till about half 12 this afternoon :open_mouth: Just wondering what the hecks happened as nout is on the news about it, just seems bizare really. Or is it all a big conspiracy? :wink:

One of my drivers saw the tenty thing earlier today, and he was told it was a jumper, no idea if its factual, just what has been said.

A person died as a result of falling off the bridge and being hit by a lorry that then drove off according to the local paper:

enfieldindependent.co.uk/new … 25/?ref=mr

Absolutely chaos out there fhis morning. Was all OK until about 5AM when the rush hour traffic started to build up!

its was definatley another jumper. i went past at about 5am and saw the tent about 20 yards further on from the bridge. i was thinking that i hadnt seen a vehicle on the hard shoulder that would have hit him/her but now i know he did a runner. :confused:

jessicas dad:
its was definatley another jumper.

You’re not allowed to call them jumpers apparently JD. They fell therefore they are a faller. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

jessicas dad:

You’re not allowed to call them jumpers apparently JD. They fell therefore they are a faller. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

does seem that way, at 2.30am on a tues night somebody accidently fell from a moterway bridge. :open_mouth:

Ahhh, given how close to the bridge/height of slip road i did hazard a guess at a suicide when on the phone to another driver telling him to avoid said area. But yeah, absoloute chaos roads wise. And when you play a crafty one and zip round all the traffic through Essex, jump on the A14 it all comes to a stop again for another accident… D’oh! Heh can’t win 'em all, although did have a result in Cambridge Services. Place was heaving as i pull in, then as a rig pulls out i backs in and recognise my mate i havn’t seen for a while - WIN! :smiley:

Edit- It says “hit by lorry” so which part of said lorry? If the person jumped and clouted the trailer, the driver is never ever going to know?! :unamused:

Heard this on the radio this morning, when they said “due to a police incident” I thought back to the other Friday when they shut the M4 in similar circumstances and guessed it was probably another jumper. Then I caught up with a mate at Beenham and he confirmed it.

Don’t they have CCTV up on that section? Surely they can look back and find out what happened?

Coffeeholic:

jessicas dad:

with all due respect to the family of the person involved. a jumper requires momentum on point of departure, a faller gathers momentum after the departure. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

browncow2:

Coffeeholic:

jessicas dad:

with all due respect to the family of the person involved. a jumper requires momentum on point of departure, a faller gathers momentum after the departure. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I agree, it’s not my daft idea but the way the authorities have to refer to them apparently.

how much would the driver be aware of? would he know the difference between going over a person as opposed to a dear for example and could he be held responsible for the death?

when you drive over ven :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ison you say oh deer. when you drive over a person you say oh [zb]

I heard about that so when via A13,A406, M11.I think thats the second from that bridge in the last few months.
It seems to be coming quite regular now.
I know these people must be in a bad state of mind but i feel sorry also for the driver that hits them.
What a bloody shock it must be.

gazzah:
I heard about that so when via A13,A406, M11.I think thats the second from that bridge in the last few months.
It seems to be coming quite regular now.
I know these people must be in a bad state of mind but i feel sorry also for the driver that hits them.

its the recession isn’t it people cant afford paracetamol and vodka no more

gazzah:
…i feel sorry also for the driver that hits them.

Not really in this case, he just cracked on and might not even know he hit the jumper, oops sorry faller.

Lets hope none of us are subjected to a mental illness…And find the need to jump from a bridge.

Deepinvet:
Lets hope none of us are subjected to a mental illness…

Too late. I must already be subjected to a mental illness… I drive a truck!

Word has it that the guy who died was walking on the roundabout on top of the junction (there is no pavement though) and was knocked over the railing by an artic and fell on the M25. He was than ran over by a number of cars on the M25.

interlog:
Word has it that the guy who died was walking on the roundabout on top of the junction (there is no pavement though) and was knocked over the railing by an artic and fell on the M25. He was than ran over by a number of cars on the M25.

Mark :smiley:

That would create some kind of impression or is it depression in the road surface?

Anyway there is a man in tights coming to our rescue;

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … queues.htm

I sort of worry about the Dartford Tunnel thing as there will still be muppets wandering about looking for someone to pay or stopping at empty toll booths!

“In 18 months the barriers will be gone and charges levied via number plate recognition.”

what about the bloody furronars Mr Penning? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
http://www.roadtransport.com/Articles/2010/10/12/137118/Penning-tells-RHA-it-will-cut-M25-queues.htm

I sort of worry about the Dartford Tunnel thing as there will still be muppets wandering about looking for someone to pay or stopping at empty toll booths!

“In 18 months the barriers will be gone and charges levied via number plate recognition.”

what about the bloody furronars Mr Penning? :stuck_out_tongue:

Really deserves a separate thread this, but you are absolutely right. Everything with a non-UK plate or non-standard font will get free trips across the Thames.