M25 closed today.... "police incident"

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:
http://www.roadtransport.com/Articles/2010/10/12/137118/Penning-tells-RHA-it-will-cut-M25-queues.htm

I sort of worry about the Dartford Tunnel thing as there will still be muppets wandering about looking for someone to pay or stopping at empty toll booths!

“In 18 months the barriers will be gone and charges levied via number plate recognition.”

what about the bloody furronars Mr Penning? :stuck_out_tongue:

Really deserves a separate thread this, but you are absolutely right. Everything with a non-UK plate or non-standard font will get free trips across the Thames.

I would imagine that to get fast tracked by NPR you would have to register first. Casuals will still have to queue.

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:
http://www.roadtransport.com/Articles/2010/10/12/137118/Penning-tells-RHA-it-will-cut-M25-queues.htm

I sort of worry about the Dartford Tunnel thing as there will still be muppets wandering about looking for someone to pay or stopping at empty toll booths!

“In 18 months the barriers will be gone and charges levied via number plate recognition.”

Really deserves a separate thread this, but you are absolutely right. Everything with a non-UK plate or non-standard font will get free trips across the Thames.

I would imagine that to get fast tracked by NPR you would have to register first. Casuals will still have to queue.

Santa:

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:

If that is the case, the Dart tag works quite well, it is likely that regular users are still fumbling for change or the fact that on Europe’s busiest toll crossing there is still no facility for LHD vehicles

Wheel Nut:

Some already do that at the moment night when it’s free. Car stopped in front of me at a booth at night a few weeks ago and just sat there even though the barrier lifted, I had to go and tell him what the word free in the display meant. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
If that is the case, the Dart tag works quite well, it is likely that regular users are still fumbling for change or the fact that on Europe’s busiest toll crossing there is still no facility for LHD vehicles

Or no lanes for tag users only as in France and Italy.