M1 M6 A14 Junction, Finally!

I see today going through this junction that they have started roadworks to improve this junction to eventually give direct access between the M6 and A14 both ways and A14 to M1 north and other local traffic improvements.
About time to!http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/road-projects/m1-junction-19-improvement-scheme/
Main improvements.

A14 to M1 northbound
M1 southbound to A14
M6 to A14 in both directions
M6 to M1 southbound
M1 northbound to M6

PRAISE JESUS!

Silver_Surfer:
PRAISE JESUS!

only took 2014 years :sunglasses:

About time :slight_smile: now just to make the A14 a motorway.

Fatboy slimslow:

Silver_Surfer:
PRAISE JESUS!

Just to be pedantic, it’s only been necessary since the mid 90s! lol

The cones went down over last weekend & I bet the ‘Scameras’ will be turned on soon !
At least it’s only for about a mile either side of the junction.
Here’s looking forward to 5 years of delays whilst they ■■■■ About doing it !

i find it bonkers that they couldnt of done it when they did the new bridge

martinviking:
The cones went down over last weekend & I bet the ‘Scameras’ will be turned on soon !
Here’s looking forward to 5 years of delays whilst they ■■■■ About doing it !

Or,
alternatively, use a different route :unamused: :unamused:
To be fair, the last project replacing the M6 flyover caused little or no disruption,
and the current layout doesn`t look that disruptive either, and hopefully no more than it already queues at peak times without doing it.
so hey-ho , crack on driver. :wink:

holliefabbabe:

Snap, maybe they thought it would just have been too long for road works to be down, gonna be 2 years for it to complete the next stage.

Cameras are live northbound m1, there were sign for camera not in use, but they’ve gone.
There’s going to be a road closure there tonight too.

weeto:

Fatboy slimslow:

Silver_Surfer:
PRAISE JESUS!

Just to be pedantic, it’s only been necessary since the mid 90s! lol

thought the romans :laughing: built the STRAIGHT ROADS! :sunglasses: A5 being pedantic old beam :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Dav1d:
Cameras are live northbound m1, there were sign for camera not in use, but they’ve gone.
There’s going to be a road closure there tonight too.

That’s gonna add a couple of hours to our Night Trunk Drivers, we send 3 up through Catthorpe x twice a night to the Hub. (Colin’s not going to be happy, after they’ve closed it overnight for the next 6 months ! lol)
The alternative is the M45/A45, but it will still cost 'em 20 minutes each way. (That’s if it’s clear !)

I’ve always said (as been discussed) why didn’t they sort the junction out properly 20 years ago, when they put that ‘Cut Price’ Roundabout in ?

holliefabbabe:

Perhaps to cut down on congestion during the works since that bridge had to be moved before they could carry on with the rest, I’m sure last year they were going to suspended doing this indefinitely, so them starting now is a good thing.
But I’m sure drivers being drivers are going to moan about hold ups whilst they do the rest of the works, just like they have been moaning about it needing doing!!

Source :
highways.gov.uk/traffic-information/

M1 . On the M1 southbound between junctions J20 and J18, expect delays at peak times due to roadworks , from 6 am on 18 November 2013 to 6 pm on 28 November 2017.

&

**M1 **. On the M1 northbound between junctions J18 and J20, delays due to roadworks .
Expect disruption until 6:00 pm on 28 November 2017.
A14. On the A14 westbound between junction J1 Welford and the junction with the M1 Catthorpe Interchange,
. Expect disruption until 6:00 pm on 28 November 2017.
A14 On the A14 eastbound between the junction with the M1 Catthorpe Interchange and junction J1 Welford, due to roadworks . Expect disruption until 6:00 pm on 28 November 2017.

& Plus :

M1 Severe The M1 southbound will be closed at junction J19, due to roadworks, from 10 pm on 10 January 2014 to 8 am on 11 January 2014.

Silver_Surfer:
PRAISE JESUS!

Amen to that

weeto:
Main improvements.

A14 to M1 northbound
M1 southbound to A14
M6 to A14 in both directions
M6 to M1 southbound
M1 northbound to M6

So…still no access from M1 northbound to A14 or from A14 to M1 southbound then. Only doing half the job once again. :unamused:

Ive looked at the map of this new jct,am I correct thinking that you wont be able to to join the M6 northbound without using the roundabout as you do now and no southbound access at all from the A14 ■■?

TTX boy:
Ive looked at the map of this new jct,am I correct thinking that you wont be able to to join the M6 northbound without using the roundabout as you do now and no southbound access at all from the A14 ■■?

If you mean coming south on the M1 to get onto the M6, it looks like that option is going to be removed along with the roundabout, since that part of the juction will no longer be required!
And southbound from the A14 would still use the signed route near Kettering or upto j20 and come back down.

weeto:

TTX boy:

If you mean coming south on the M1 to get onto the M6, it looks like that option is going to be removed along with the roundabout, since that part of the juction will no longer be required!
And southbound from the A14 would still use the signed route near Kettering or upto j20 and come back down.

sorry I ment joining the M6 northbound from the A14.

TTX boy:

weeto:

TTX boy:

sorry I ment joining the M6 northbound from the A14.

looks like It will be direct access straight onto the M6 from the A14 both ways, no roundabout as that looks like that is being removed, that bit of road looks like its going to be a local access road using the existing bridge, and a new one bult to take all 4 lanes of the A14.
Looking at the map, the ground works on the left coming south on the M6 to the A14 seems to be the new local road thats going in.