M.Way's Kenworth

An American ‘‘conventional’’ as they call em passed me in opp direction (unit only) yesterday on M5, in M.Way’s orange livery (It looked like a Kenworth but somebody’s gonna come on and tell me it’s a Volvo :blush: :smiley: )

Is it for shows only or are they using it on their tipper work…just being curious (nosey :smiley: ).

I had visions of a queue of drivers there of a certain age ■■■■■■■■ to get on it and discovering that you had to actually ‘‘drive’’ it with an 18 speed Fuller Roadranger, and sheepishly handing it back with not being able to hack it cos it aint auto :laughing: .

I aint got much interest or enthusiasm left towards ■■■■ trucks anymore :neutral_face: …, but the only one bit I have got left would be wanting to do just one European trip in one of those, probably down to Spain or Italy :sunglasses: …and to enhance my (very ■■■■ sad :blush: ) dream be accompanied by Holly Willoughby, in skimpy shorts and a wet Newcastle Utd shirt. (small size) :laughing:

She could decide herself what SHE would wear btw. :laughing:

(You can tell I’m ■■■■ bored waiting to get loaded can’t you. :unamused: :laughing: )

3 black American trucks went passed me yesterday heading south on the A1 pulling those giant screen tv trailers that they use at racetracks

peirre:
3 black American trucks went passed me yesterday heading south on the A1 pulling those giant screen tv trailers that they use at racetracks

Maybe heading to Silverstone, it’s Brit Grand prix this wk.end aint it?

robroy:

peirre:

Maybe heading to Silverstone, it’s Brit Grand prix this wk.end aint it?

Those are Volvo’s as well!

Rob I would have thought that any giant tv gear for silverstone would have been on site days ago, especially as the race teams where practicing yesterday. Also as they where southbound on the A1 near Grantham I wouldn’t have though they where heading towards Silverstone.

Maybe as it was Friday they where stopping by for a steak dinner

peirre:
Rob I would have thought that any giant tv gear for silverstone would have been on site days ago, especially as the race teams where practicing yesterday. Also as they where southbound on the A1 near Grantham I wouldn’t have though they where heading towards Silverstone.

Maybe as it was Friday they where stopping by for a steak dinner

Yep…I was just testing you, well spotted keep it up. :wink: :smiley:

robroy:
An American ‘‘conventional’’ as they call em passed me in opp direction (unit only) yesterday on M5, in M.Way’s orange livery (It looked like a Kenworth but somebody’s gonna come on and tell me it’s a Volvo :blush: :smiley: )

Is it for shows only or are they using it on their tipper work…just being curious (nosey :smiley: ).

I had visions of a queue of drivers there of a certain age ■■■■■■■■ to get on it and discovering that you had to actually ‘‘drive’’ it with an 18 speed Fuller Roadranger, and sheepishly handing it back with not being able to hack it cos it aint auto :laughing: .

I aint got much interest or enthusiasm left towards [zb] trucks anymore :neutral_face: …, but the only one bit I have got left would be wanting to do just one European trip in one of those, probably down to Spain or Italy :sunglasses:

From what I’ve read most Brit drivers are as scared to drive something with a bonnet ( even though it could be a life saver ) as they are to drive an A frame drawbar trailer .

As for the dream if it’s a Volvo they’ll be happy to provide the I shift to suit. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

robroy:
I aint got much interest or enthusiasm left towards [zb] trucks anymore :neutral_face: …, but the only one bit I have got left would be wanting to do just one European trip in one of those, probably down to Spain or Italy :sunglasses: …and to enhance my (very [zb] sad :blush: ) dream be accompanied by Holly Willoughby, in skimpy shorts and a wet Newcastle Utd shirt. (small size) :laughing:

(You can tell I’m [zb] bored waiting to get loaded can’t you. :unamused: :laughing: )

Explains the 2 showers…

I’m off to check the odds on Holly replacing Rafa and introducing bikini press conferences…

Norfolkinclue1:

robroy:
I aint got much interest or enthusiasm left towards [zb] trucks anymore :neutral_face: …, but the only one bit I have got left would be wanting to do just one European trip in one of those, probably down to Spain or Italy :sunglasses: …and to enhance my (very [zb] sad :blush: ) dream be accompanied by Holly Willoughby, in skimpy shorts and a wet Newcastle Utd shirt. (small size) :laughing:

(You can tell I’m [zb] bored waiting to get loaded can’t you. :unamused: :laughing: )

Explains the 2 showers…

I’m off to check the odds on Holly replacing Rafa and introducing bikini press conferences…

Hey mate, don’t get me started. :unamused:
At least she would maybe make a better job than Steve ■■■■ Bruce :smiling_imp: ,…and certainly look better than him in a bikini.
Yeh I know, :blush: I’m obsessed. :laughing:

No info on the Kenworth then?..(getting back to the thread and off the random crap. :laughing: )

M Way did have an old Volvo VN circa 2002/3 , could be the truck your saw .

Volvo on their website
wayforbulk.com/gallery/index.html

idrive:
Volvo on their website
wayforbulk.com/gallery/index.html

Now blinged up.

Where do I collect my free Tommy from or will they post it to me?

Urban Dictionary has…

Two definitions of the word ‘beter’.

Neither one seems to fit with why the word ‘beter’ appears on the front grill of that romperroommegablingytoytownbillybigwigsoopertwuck.

robroy:
An American ‘‘conventional’’ as they call em passed me in opp direction (It looked like a Kenworth but somebody’s gonna come on and tell me it’s a Volvo :blush: :smiley: )

:unamused: Ah well! :neutral_face: …That thread was a waste of time. :blush:

Cheers lads for clearing that up. :…and making me look stupid :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

As I understand it, ‘Beter’ is the tongue in cheek retort to Scania’s ‘Super’

Not meant to be taken particularly seriously, it is just another part of the friendly and, generally, good-natured banter between the drivers and owners of the two marques… I did hear that it started on the show scene as a bit of fun and just gathered momentum but I don’t know how true that is…

That is Nick Ways Volvo, only used for shows and promo’s. A really smart looking lorry :sunglasses:

Is the sleeping area in those Volvos extended, and compartmented like the American trucks, or standard type and size like any other Volvo?

robroy:
Is the sleeping area in those Volvos extended, and compartmented like the American trucks, or standard type and size like any other Volvo?

My uncle bought one ,it had a 525 ■■■■■■■ and fuller box with iirc 2 gear sticks slightly confusing,the bed was very deep .

robroy:

Behind the seats there are cupboards/lockers , maybe 2 paces from the seat is the bunk , plenty of room to stand and move around .

flat to the mat:

robroy:

Behind the seats there are cupboards/lockers , maybe 2 paces from the seat is the bunk , plenty of room to stand and move around .

I don’t know why truckmakers can’t extend sleeping areas as standard, a bit like those extended Scanias you see.
Not that our lot would buy them for us, they don’t even spec fridges ffs in 2019! :unamused:

needs a ticket for the excessive bling blocking the field of view