Lymm Truckstop

A model for MSA’s of the future? In my opinion anyway. Stopped in their on Sunday having allready eaten and with a flask, so didn’t use the facilities, but I reckon that’s how all MSA’s should be. Plenty of parking. Near enough to the buildings so you don’t have a major walk to get their with plenty of facilities and decent shop (CB shop) to boot. Bought a couple of hella conectors for TomTom whilst I was their :wink:. I do seriousley hope this is the way to go, speaking to a couple of motorists, they were quite impressed with it too, so maybe someone u’ll listen :wink:.

Liberace, mate it is not bad and for UK good ,but why can some one
not take a trip to EUROPE or USA and then come back and do
some of the many things they will find are normal in these Truckstops
in these countries■■?

yep its nice and quiet at 1 in the mornin :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Tell you what Brit Pete, have a word with Maxi for us, and tell them there is a fantastic business opportunity for them in UK, with NO competition :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, go take a look at the truckstops in the US and make all the UK ones more like them.

We definitely need more lot lizards. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

The only thing that [zb] me off about lymm is on the 1st row of the truck park there are about 4 or 5 smaller parking bays opposite the buildings now infront of these bays is a concrete kerb so you cant drive out like a normal bay you have to reverse out and the majority of the time when you park there you will get some bone idle [zb] who instead of finding a proper space will just park his/her truck accross the rear of the bays blocking everyone in then they’ll disappear for a 45 and leave you stranded there

OUT OF ORDER STOP BEING A LAZY [ZB] AND FIND A SPACE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE [ZB]

simon

SimonRS2K:
The only thing that [zb] me off about lymm is on the 1st row of the truck park there are about 4 or 5 smaller parking bays opposite the buildings now infront of these bays is a concrete kerb so you cant drive out like a normal bay you have to reverse out and the majority of the time when you park there you will get some bone idle [zb] who instead of finding a proper space will just park his/her truck accross the rear of the bays blocking everyone in then they’ll disappear for a 45 and leave you stranded there

OUT OF ORDER STOP BEING A LAZY [ZB] AND FIND A SPACE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE [ZB]

simon

You reckon that’s just at Lymm then?

I dont know Lib to be honest but one thing i do know is its [zb]ing bone idle and annoying :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: Especially when like at lymm there is more than enough parking spaces. Its just the typical selfish attitude of truckers nowadays i tell you some of them are an embarrasment :blush: to us

simon

I was thinking of the following.vechta auto-höf,rheinbollen,geiselwind,or
svg-auto-höf köln eiffel-tör.and also from holland, asten, meer, from
belgian, lokeren,and in antwerpen are at least 2 -3 good stops.
with a good service,plus a truckstop with the qualitys based on a truck-
-stop from one of these places then we would really have a truckstop
with a place for us,

I know the old biddies can’t walk far but why do they have to park right at the front?
If they have got time to ride around looking at autumn tints shouting cooeee at their mates they can walk a bit.
Anyway, it doesn’t affect me because I am a coach. Football coach :laughing:

SimonRS2K:
The only thing that [zb] me off about lymm is on the 1st row of the truck park there are about 4 or 5 smaller parking bays opposite the buildings now infront of these bays is a concrete kerb so you cant drive out like a normal bay you have to reverse out

So don’t use them.

At the time of night that I ever call in there most drivers are already asleep and would not thank me for touring the parking area trying to find a bay.

I’m one of those that park behind the bays, so creating least noise on arrival and when leaving.

It is an example of how consideration on the part of one person can be judged as idleness by another.

Have you noticed how the rows of trucks in the rows further back seem to go of line. I suppose that with all that room and no marking it is inevitable and probably doesnt matter anyway, just an observation :slight_smile:

brit pete:
Liberace, mate it is not bad and for UK good ,but why can some one
not take a trip to EUROPE or USA and then come back and do
some of the many things they will find are normal in these Truckstops
in these countries■■?

From my own experience the worst truckstops I have visited are here in the USA :open_mouth:

I found Lymm far better than all the stops I have used here put together. On the travel channel here they had ‘The Worlds Top Ten Truckstops’ show, the best was in Germany :exclamation:

Krankee:
So don’t use them.

Nice attitude :blush: :unamused:
this is a prime example of what i mean

I was parked on the 2nd row and this truck was parked behind the 1st row i was only there for about 20 mins and there was 4 spaces not being used the stobart truck drove round and reversed into the space. The driver of the truck that was blocking the bays was sat in it and when a tanker pulled up and asked him to move he wouldnt .

AND you say this is consideration rubbish If i was the owner of poplar i’d of billed that driver for 4 parking spaces lazy [zb]

Oh and it was raining so people had to park furthe away from the shops

simon

I came off the tunnel in France last week and because of the delays, I had to park inside the Terminal at the Garage. there were no spare bays because total hobnobs with English plates have dropped their trailers and parked next to them, not 2 or 3 units to a bay, but one unit in each bay. I parked behind the line of trucks to have a 9, so in the morning I was blocking 3 or 4 bays. How can I move my truck on a daily rest?

Unless you are all going to park up at the same time, then this will happen, get used to it, do as the Europeans do. and for all you selfish drivers who think its clever to save a space for your gay mate, get a life :stuck_out_tongue:

If there are no parking spaces available then fine park at the rear of trucks but at lymm there is always spaces its just lazy drivers who cant be bothered to walk accross the park to the shops

just like the one i saw a couple of weeks ago parked up near the exit barriers he couldnt be arsed to walk to the loo so he was having a whizz up the rear wheel of his trailor in full of everyone that was leaving :blush: :blush: :blush:

simon

Wheel Nut:
and for all you selfish drivers who think its clever to save a space for your gay mate, get a life :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad you notice that, I thought it was just my perverted way of thinking :slight_smile:

Liberace:
plenty of facilities and decent shop

I wouldn’t say the shop was that decent it doesn’t even sell bread

Lymmis a similar set up to Carnforth which I stopped at for the first time this week only at Carnforth the showers are free and the foods edible :laughing:

north surrey haulage:

Liberace:
plenty of facilities and decent shop

I wouldn’t say the shop was that decent it doesn’t even sell bread

Lymmis a similar set up to Carnforth which I stopped at for the first time this week only at Carnforth the showers are free and the foods edible :laughing:

The shop does sell Hella connectors though :laughing:. I was using it as agency scum on 45 min trying to stretch the day out type lark and posting when ratted :grimacing:. Not eating at the place (cheese & marmalade sarnies mmmmmm). Found it quite ok from my point of view (c’mone) Jammy :laughing:.

It’s all well and good moaning about Lymm,but how many amongst us can remember the old site across the road,and then tell me which you’d rather have?

Ken.