Lymm Truckstop

Quinny:
It’s all well and good moaning about Lymm,but how many amongst us can remember the old site across the road,and then tell me which you’d rather have?

Ken.

Pops, was never that popular as far as I remember, Ken. The staff got transferred to customer relations at Auswitch

Quinny:
It’s all well and good moaning about Lymm,but how many amongst us can remember the old site across the road,and then tell me which you’d rather have?

Ken.

And for those that cant try the Hollies, no my mistake the Hollies is better, but not a lot, and who was that bloke who was constantly hawking gear round the truck park, allways wondered whos truck it fell off, socket sets was one that sticks in the mind.

Quinny, i think id rather have the truckstop now, but not as commercial, and a bit more, if you dont know its there were not telling you, but i think the food was better at the old truckstop over the road, then again i suppose at least they are making an effort to accomodate the driver.
if they want to see how its done PROPERLY go to ANY TRUCKSTOP in Germany, and count em as you drive past em, theyre ALL signposted on the motorway, it seems like every other junction there is a truckstop, and i mean a TRUCKSTOP, not a services for cars that tolerates lorries, and theyre ALL immaculate :smiley:

the orwell truckstop was good . plenty of parking and decent food … resturant was a bit small for the amount of lorries parked up though … but cest la vie
its a decent stop

paul@midway:
the orwell truckstop was good

Until they put their prices up by an average of 30%

Also this is the only place I have experienced “truck crime”.

Last year I was perked up here when England played Portugal (Felixstowe was shut for 2 days :unamused: ).
During this 2 day stop I had 80 gallons of diesel syphoned from my truck.
When I asked to see the video footage from their security cameras they all happened to be pointing the wrong way :unamused: :unamused: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: .

not so good then :laughing:

north surrey haulage:

paul@midway:
the orwell truckstop was good

Last year I was perked up here when England played Portugal (Felixstowe was shut for 2 days :unamused: ).
During this 2 day stop I had 80 gallons of diesel syphoned from my truck.
When I asked to see the video footage from their security cameras they all happened to be pointing the wrong way :unamused: :unamused: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: .

First I want to make it clear that I do not imply anything with this comment but:

Consider the Private Security Industry is self regulating (Like Garages)
The typical recruiting ground for Security Personell
Security Personell are typically poorly paid
All those Trucks in an MSA (Lot’s of lovely goodies!!)

Just a thought from someone who has seen too much of human nature to have much faith in it’s goodness.

dwjinuk:
Tell you what Brit Pete, have a word with Maxi for us, and tell them there is a fantastic business opportunity for them in UK, with NO competition :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Not quite NO competition mate. Try The Stockyard, off junction 1 of the M 18 and sign posted all the way. CDC have a franchise there, in an old mobile display unit. The food is good and reasonably priced. That is, a little bit dearer than many other places, but the quality more than makes up for it. Plenty of parking for trucks. I believe that the showers have been improved, which they needed. (When it was built there was only one, then Trevor realised that demand far outstripped supply, so he built a new shower block. Unfortunately the demand outstripped the capabilities of his original water heater. Now sorted out). The place has a very nice atmosphere and the locals use it to go out for a nice, well cooked, sencibly priced meal. This is the type of place where you might bring your wife for a quiet night out. But it is a truck stop.

To reply about security, you will only get the sevice that you are paying
for, If the stop concerned wishes to keep the beifit ofa well visited stop
and moneymakeing high in the black then they must employ a high
standard of personnel ,with the correct use and management this
would pay for its self and not the oppisite, it will take Time, good-
planning, a bloody good kitchen in all respects of this cusine. nice bar with
a decent entertament for the visitors, a good shop with all those items
that we require at resonable prices, if possible a inter-net point or a
hot -spot for lap-tops, I could carry on but why oh why can no one
with the money see that such a place will make money if done right
and with a little thought,

I was parked on the 2nd row and this truck was parked behind the 1st row i was only there for about 20 mins and there was 4 spaces not being used the stobart truck drove round and reversed into the space. The driver of the truck that was blocking the bays was sat in it and when a tanker pulled up and asked him to move he wouldnt .

did he turn up while you was there or had he been there overnight arriving late and finding no bays empty so had to park there and the resultwas he couldn’t move his truck until his 9/11 was up.

so stobart had to reverse ,did he have to :exclamation: i bet there was more spaces avalible just didn’t want his yellow t shirt to get wet :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

tin hat on :blush:

jon

Simon:

dwjinuk:
Tell you what Brit Pete, have a word with Maxi for us, and tell them there is a fantastic business opportunity for them in UK, with NO competition :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Not quite NO competition mate. Try The Stockyard, off junction 1 of the M 18 and sign posted all the way. CDC have a franchise there, in an old mobile display unit. The food is good and reasonably priced. That is, a little bit dearer than many other places, but the quality more than makes up for it. Plenty of parking for trucks. I believe that the showers have been improved, which they needed. (When it was built there was only one, then Trevor realised that demand far outstripped supply, so he built a new shower block. Unfortunately the demand outstripped the capabilities of his original water heater. Now sorted out). The place has a very nice atmosphere and the locals use it to go out for a nice, well cooked, sencibly priced meal. This is the type of place where you might bring your wife for a quiet night out. But it is a truck stop.

I have been there a couple of times. Agreed the food is good; the choices being the most welcome part. If I remember the showers correctly, you have your clothes in the shower with you; are you meant to wash them at the same time as yourself■■? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

jonboy:

I was parked on the 2nd row and this truck was parked behind the 1st row i was only there for about 20 mins and there was 4 spaces not being used the stobart truck drove round and reversed into the space. The driver of the truck that was blocking the bays was sat in it and when a tanker pulled up and asked him to move he wouldnt .

did he turn up while you was there or had he been there overnight arriving late and finding no bays empty so had to park there and the resultwas he couldn’t move his truck until his 9/11 was up.

so stobart had to reverse ,did he have to :exclamation: i bet there was more spaces avalible just didn’t want his yellow t shirt to get wet :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

tin hat on :blush:

jon

No need for tin hat jon :stuck_out_tongue:

He was already there when i arrived but it was 3pm and there are always parking spaces on lymm next time you go on there as you enter look left behind the wash and i guarantee you will see at least 20 empty spaces and if your in need of a 9/11 thats the best place for it no traffic you see :sunglasses:

simon