Lunatic driver - Today, DAF XF 105

Dogmatix:
I dont think he could do much damage to me as I would be a mile ahead of him in 3 or 4 minutes in my car.

Haha :laughing: , The ‘Driver of the Year’ was found to be working on a key DHL Contract in the area

If it bothered you enough to keep hunting for him for over 6 years I dont think driving is the profession for you

It hasn’t :laughing: No offence was intended - Safer driving is in all of our interests, surely?

Yes it is, it’s just taken you 6 years from your original post to your last mate.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

One of my fellow drivers had a nutter in a left ■■■■■■ overtake him hanging out of the cab trying to remove his O/S mirror, all because said nutter didn’t want to give way on a slip road.

Forward facing cameras should be compulsory in all commercial vehicles, its got to a point where once these clowns were rare to an everyday occureance.

:laughing: :laughing:
Jeez I’ve seen everything on this forum now.
Hunted down for 6 ■■■■ YEARS ? :open_mouth:

Remind me NEVER to cut you up mate. :unamused:

Tenacity ?

Now he is currently looking for a barman who short changed him in 1999. :smiley:

I still win fights in the shower with a security guard who verbally insulted me for not “parking close enough to the window” at Morrisons Burton Latimer 9 years ago. All I can say, 380streamline, is to try and let it go, otherwise it’ll eat you up inside.

Hi, who taught you to write ?

ezydriver:
I still win fights in the shower with a security guard who verbally insulted me at Morrisons Burton Latimer 9 years ago. All .

Ahhh that’s a lovely story mate, couples meet in all sorts of different ways. :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll help anyone mon- thurs , but sorry fri you can sort yourself out , I’m only interested in getting home Asap

Old thread yeah but…ill never understand anyone getting irate and especially posting mad driving on a forum, i like many of you see if daily, just let them get on with it, even in this case it doesnt seem as though there was harm done to anyone… :confused:

I have seen some shockingly bad driving, driving that would have resulted in deaths had I , or someone else, not done something very quickly.

I still find myself unable to get annoyed enough to start a forum thread though.

A.

mick.mh2racing:
Yes it is, it’s just taken you 6 years from your original post to your last mate.

Slow internet connection…?

Don’t blame a professional driver when he makes full use of the roundabout. Just because you didn’t position yourself correctly on the approach, doesn’t mean that everybody should dawdle behind you.

If there’s room for the mirrors…

The roundabout concerned, at the time was clearly arrowed Left, or Right, with a lane for each. As I was turning Right, back towards the M1, I was in the Right hand lane, which logic would say is correct. The standard of driving by the offending gentleman was appalling, and even after 6 years stands as one of the worst cases of driving I have ever seen, period :neutral_face:

380streamline:
The standard of driving by the offending gentleman was appalling, and even after 6 years stands as one of the worst cases of driving I have ever seen, period :neutral_face:

Seriously?? :open_mouth:
I, and I would say most of us see this sort of stuff on a weekly or if not daily basis.
Personally I just shake my head, and think ‘what a prick’ , and if something really bad…ok bear a bit of a grudge for all of 15mins.
But mate,… it was 6YEARS AGO !!! …and 3 months :open_mouth: , move on, let it go. :bulb:

Assuming this is not a wind up, and that is the worst thing that has happened to you on the road in all that time, and you are still commenting on it on a forum today, do you consider that to be normal.?
Mate, …you should really get out a bit more. :unamused:

Had a quick look at the OP and doesn’t sound anything unusual, two vocational drivers should be able to negotiate the situation easily.

If ones being a ■■■■ the other should have enough skill to compensate.

Top ■■■:
Either try and keep two lanes open at a roundabout approach or block the whole lot, half arsed measures will lead to this situation. Although usually it’s cars nipping up the inside.

If you haven’t got over this situation in 6 years the fault is yours. Even if he did steal your manhood at the time.

Most of us are above average drivers, but the real quality comes from how we respond to the actions of others.

Think I was driving the white Daf at the time and just cracking on. I also remember you where heavy and faffing about.

Recently been assigned a regular run starting 5AM, two return trips to M1 J27 from Shaw, J21 M62.
Leaving the customers premises on the Sherwood park estate at 0755, I came to the roundabout with
the A608, and as I’m going back to the motorway, I’m in the right hand lane. There isn’t a lot of room
here when turning right, i.e another vehicle to the left of you cutting round wouldn’t have much of
a chance. As I’m waiting for a gap in the traffic, a white DAF XF 105 comes on the outside of me.
‘Bloody typical’ I thought, at best thinking he was turning left. But oh no, mr clever decides to turn
right, and had I not been watching what I was doing, the N/S/F of my truck would have been clouted.
Worse, on rapidly shooting round the roundabout, moved into the right hand lane, In other words, I’ve
been cut up. Heading down the slip road back on to the M1, Indicated and pulled straight out, forcing
an FH Volvo to brake sharply. From there on, - and the Superspacecab XF wasn’t half shifting -
a regular pattern of ‘indicate and move straight out because I couldnt give a monkeys’ driving style
clearly evident, -cars, vans, no matter, he was pulling out and that was the end of it. Quite what the
ca driving public thought I’ve no idea, to me I felt ashamed to call myself a lorry driver. Eventually
passed the truck just short of M1 J35a, A616 for woodhead. At last the mystery driver was revealed,
and I was quite surprised, duno why. Maybe just to put a face to the whole thing. I didn’t beep, use
hands, nothing, I was glad to be able to call myself the better driver. Why have I written this? because
In my 14 years of driving artics it counts as one of the worst displays of driving I have ever seen.
Pehaps someone knows the operator, the truck or the driver - if so, this driver needs to study the
highway code and have a rethink, or get off the road. The truck is a Plain White DAF XF105 6x2
Superspacecab, reg. More than likely 460 engine. The trailer is a plain blue triaxle
curtainsider, the only ID being a plate with on the O/S/R door. The driver was 40’s perhaps,
tanned complexion, dark framed glasses, and questionable T shirt dress sense. Sound familiar to
anyone?