Lucky to be Alive

Today I have sent this company my scaled down thoughts

To whom it may concern
One of your drivers almost killed me on Saturday 22 June 2013, this stupid clown cut in front of me when I was trying to overtake him, he was in a lane that was going in a different direction but he decided that he wanted to go straight on and cut in front of me crossing the point of no return, cross hatchings and the hard shoulder to get into my lane. At 55mph he would have killed me if I hadn’t stood on my brakes as his trailer would have wiped out my cab and me with it. This guy is a prick and other choice names I won’t publish. I do drive for a UK largest LGV fleet operator and my work has been informed also I have informed VOSA, Police and Highways Agency, keep pricks like him at home in Romania or wherever he drives. I have no desire to be killed by one of your drivers.
hgvuk.com/07/27/waberers-int … ment-11657

OK.

+1 :smiley:

Abit hash about the Romania bit :confused:

And what exactly do you hope to achieve ? And why mention you drive for the UK’s largest hgv operator ?

bald bloke:
And what exactly do you hope to achieve ? And why mention you drive for the UK’s largest hgv operator ?

Small willy syndrome ■■?

Further explanation of what happened.

Approaching J14(M25), two inside lanes going in the T5 direction, the remaining lanes going straight on (M25, towards Gatwick). His lorry was in the outside of the two lanes bearing towards T5, as I drew level with his cab which time we were on the edge of the cross hatching’s just under the overpass bridge he decides to abruptly swing right. This took him over the cross hatching’s, some empty area, over the hard shoulder and straight into my lane, sort of an Z turning. This was almost a 45 degree angle and if I hadn’t stood on my brakes his back half of the trailer would have taken out my cab and me along with it. The car that was half way down my trailer in my outside lane wouldn’t have stood any chance, probably I would have ended up spread across the other lanes of the M25. It all happened so fast I didn’t even have time to feel scared, did check my trousers after and no brown stains either

If you are sending a letter as a professional driver complaining to a company, they will take far more notice if you stick to the facts, keep emotion out of it and leave out childish language. (Not arguing that it was a stupid thing for other bloke to do, and glad you are ok)

To baldbloke: you have a problem with that, mate if it happened to you I suppose you’d be just sitting on your arse and doing nothing.
I for one am conscientious of my job and do it well, numptys like this shouldn’t be driving

If I’d have sent this on Saturday evening or Sunday it would have had more choice words than that.
It does amaze me, post something on this board and the vast majority of people just seem to take the ■■■■, I for one feel that I am lucky to be alive and to have the ■■■■ taken out of how I feel is just a bit much. If and I say if I had been a fatality or seriously injured then there would be the usual ‘sorry it happened’ ‘my condolences’, that would and in my mind is hypocritical.

Congratulations on passing your test, it wont be long before you take all this stuff in your stride.

Paul-H:
To baldbloke: you have a problem with that, mate if it happened to you I suppose you’d be just sitting on your arse and doing nothing.
I for one am conscientious of my job and do it well, numptys like this shouldn’t be driving

Nope, I would also write. But the person opening the letter is not the person who nearly killed me and doesn’t deserve my wrath. Do you have a camera in your cab? A video / photo can help them identify the driver / wagon and see just how bad it was.
Very glad you are ok and managed to avoid a major accident.

unfortunately no but I know a man that does and will request the video shortly

th2013:
If you are sending a letter as a professional driver complaining to a company, they will take far more notice if you stick to the facts, keep emotion out of it and leave out childish language. (Not arguing that it was a stupid thing for other bloke to do, and glad you are ok)

My thoughts exactly

Keep to the facts In your letter & It will come across as more professional…

Was this errant lorry a left ■■■■■■ and or foreign registered.

Unfortunately you do have to expect such things from some, not all, of the foreigners.

Crap happens, i’ve made some daft mistakes in my past which could have resulted in problems if it wasn’t for the reactions of others or just lady luck smiling, and vice versa, i’ve made hundreds if not thousands of swift avoidance manoeuvers when others have cocked up, and will do both again before i hang me driving gloves up.

We’re non of us perfect, we all make mistakes, hopefully the geezer who nearly side swiped you will have learned from his.

edit, just reread your further explanation of the junction.

Did it not occur to you that matey might be in the wrong lane there, what were the chances johnny foreigner really was going to T5? especially as he was travelling in the outside of the two T5 laners if i read your post correctly.

See i try and put myself in their boots, if i was going round Warsaw ring road, if its got one, i wouldn’t have the foggiest bloody idea what lane i’d want to be in and i would expect professional Polish lorry drivers to realise i’m a bloody lost Brit and give me some room for a mistake or two in me lane control.

You get similar on the M6/m42 split going north, you find some of our own let alone the foreigners heading towards M42 and suddenly veer onto the M6 lane at the very last moment.

You as a professional should be on the lookout for tell tale signs of indecision from othe road users unfamiliar with your stomping ground, foreigner driving in the outside of the two left hand turn lanes should have given you reason to look out for him.

Never send a letter in anger… best to calm down, and think about and it, and word it professionally. If I was in the office at that company and received this - I would just ignore your comments.

When you send a complaint letter, read it from the point of view of the receiver - if you received it, what would you do?

No info, no times, no exact location, no truck ID - just looks like an anti-foreigner rant

Take it Paul H works for Stobart :laughing: :laughing: don’t be hating because the man in front has a V8 :smiley:

bald bloke:
And why mention you drive for the UK’s largest hgv operator ?

That will be the British Army then?
Do you have an FMT600?

Herongate:
Never send a letter in anger… best to calm down, and think about and it, and word it professionally. If I was in the office at that company and received this - I would just ignore your comments.

When you send a complaint letter, read it from the point of view of the receiver - if you received it, what would you do?

No info, no times, no exact location, no truck ID - just looks like an anti-foreigner rant

I agree with all of this.