Lucky to be Alive

Please excuse me for not stopping and politely asking the driver for his details. Is this what I should have done - sorry mate you’ve nearly killed me, would you mind giving me your address so that I can send you a thank you note, and excuse me for not being able to understand your driving intentions and for you not knowing your way around our motorways. If you were not going towards T5 please accept my apologies for being in your way when you decided to abruptly change lanes and if you were going to deliver to the cargo sheds but changed your mind at the last minute and decided to do a different delivery also please accept my apologies for being in your way on our motorway. I hope that you don’t think badly of me for being in your way and will not think badly of British drivers. Please do not worry that if you injured me I would have been able to live comfortably from the disability payments that our Government provides and if you’d have killed me my wife would have happily been able to claim on my life insurance and my children would have been happy to have a grave to visit on a weekly basis.

No I don’t drive for Stobbart nor for the Army and if I failed to omit his registration details I do apologise (registration removed) this is not a anti Foreigner rant but a rant against cowboys.

Posting of vehicle registration numbers for naming and shaming is not allowed…Colingl

Paul-H:
To baldbloke: you have a problem with that, mate if it happened to you I suppose you’d be just sitting on your arse and doing nothing.
I for one am conscientious of my job and do it well, numptys like this shouldn’t be driving

No need to be like that old chap i merely asked what you were trying to achieve that was all. I am also conscientious and i agree this was dangerous and i wouldn’t like it happening to me but these things happen you need to man up a little.

Unless they have lifted it the curent speed limit a junc 5 is 50 due to the road works. I would of thought also you should of antisipated his likely manoeuvre as its not the best signage while they are currently doing the road works and 95% of foreign trucks are heading for dover. I personally would of held back just in case and only pushed on after he couldn’ t get back, but that’s me as I travel through there nearly every day and seen it all before.

Now to your letter, it will just get binned as others have said should of been concise and to the point without all the other bits :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Paul-H:
Please excuse me for not stopping and politely asking the driver for his details. Is this what I should have done - sorry mate you’ve nearly killed me, would you mind giving me your address so that I can send you a thank you note, and excuse me for not being able to understand your driving intentions and for you not knowing your way around our motorways. If you were not going towards T5 please accept my apologies for being in your way when you decided to abruptly change lanes and if you were going to deliver to the cargo sheds but changed your mind at the last minute and decided to do a different delivery also please accept my apologies for being in your way on our motorway. I hope that you don’t think badly of me for being in your way and will not think badly of British drivers. Please do not worry that if you injured me I would have been able to live comfortably from the disability payments that our Government provides and if you’d have killed me my wife would have happily been able to claim on my life insurance and my children would have been happy to have a grave to visit on a weekly basis.

No I don’t drive for Stobbart nor for the Army and if I failed to omit his registration details I do apologise (removed ) this is not a anti Foreigner rant but a rant against cowboys.

The fact that you are still splitting feathers about it 48 hours later simply shows that you have anger management issues that you need to seek help for. No professional driver would let this fester for so long. It would simply be a few choice [zb]s when the Waberer pulled across and then let them get on their way and return to one’s calm self again and the event forgotten about shortly after. Nothing wrong with having a quick rant about it on a forum to get it off your chest but seriously, just move on and forget about it.

Legend_Scania:
Take it Paul H works for Stobart :laughing: :laughing: don’t be hating because the man in front has a V8 :smiley:

I expect this is the root cause of the problem…

Saaamon:

Legend_Scania:
Take it Paul H works for Stobart :laughing: :laughing: don’t be hating because the man in front has a V8 :smiley:

I expect this is the root cause of the problem…

If it was anyone else they wouldn’t made a big fuss over it :slight_smile:

Saaamon:
Congratulations on passing your test, it wont be long before you take all this stuff in your stride.

I just spotted this ^^ :laughing: :laughing:

Saaamon:
Congratulations on passing your test, it wont be long before you take all this stuff in your stride.

:laughing:

My guess is the letter went straight in the bin when they got to “stupid clown”.

Epic fail, OP. :laughing:

Back in the day, when I passed car, bike & 2 truck licences, I was always taught…. Expect the Unexpected.

Whilst we can all appreciate you had a close-one, think about it - probably most of us get cut up or has a near-miss on a regular basis - it’s all part of driving a truck for a living - It happened, deal with it, get over it, move on.

I deal with probably more of the yellow trucks than any other, I know they are one of Europe’s largest operators, but they are a disgrace. At three separate incidents, their driver has been drunk, one occasion, very heavily drunk.
I agree with other posts, keep it professional and they might take some notice. When I was a manager, if I received a letter with insults in it, I would just bin it.

OP, If you are in the habit of sending these communications I think you need to read up on the ‘Offensive Communications Act’

You should just hope they did bin that one.

No I do not have anger issues, what I have is my life and i want to keep it that way till the man upstairs/downstairs calls me in and not to be removed by some idiot who shouldn’t be on the road. Excuse me for wanting to share this with this bulletin board, apologies that i didn’t get my iPad out and posted this there and then. I have no desire for my wife to be woken up by police and told that she needs to go to the hospital either to see me injured or to identify my body. Good night and goodbye…

PS- I have received a reply from Waberes, no point posting it here as nobody would be interested.

Paul-H:
No I do not have anger issues, what I have is my life and i want to keep it that way till the man upstairs/downstairs calls me in and not to be removed by some idiot who shouldn’t be on the road. Excuse me for wanting to share this with this bulletin board, apologies that i didn’t get my iPad out and posted this there and then. I have no desire for my wife to be woken up by police and told that she needs to go to the hospital either to see me injured or to identify my body. Good night and goodbye…

PS- I have received a reply from Waberes, no point posting it here as nobody would be interested.

Post it mate I’m following.

If your that concerned about your life being cut short perhaps you should consider a different career as lorry driving is one of the most dangerous jobs in the UK.

Paul-H:

Pics or it didn’t happen.

well said most guys, lets see ,a guy just the same as everyone else tryin to earn a crust for his family all be him a foreigner how do you think they feel when our british party animals go abroard give it a rest

So the haulier took the time to respond to your abusive email , including racist nonsense…and you think you’re the professional? :unamused:

where in the email is it abusive, calling someone a ‘prick’ isn’t abusive and certainly not racist
and for those that are calling me a liar(pics or it didn’t happen), chew on this.

Dear Mr Paul H,
Thank you for your remark. I would like to apologize because of our driver’s careless behaviour.
Our company will check up this incident and take the needed steps and the disciplinary process against the driver. Till that time I would say sorry again and I’ll get back to you with the answer.
Your sincerely,
Simon Péter
HR Business Partner
WABERER’S INTERNATIONAL Zrt.

Read your 1st comment you clown :unamused:

Picking on where they come from is the 1st, :unamused: