Lucky Escape !

Driver escapes unhurt as lorry overturns in Oswestry
A lorry driver escaped injury today after his heavy goods vehicle overturned on a roundabout near Oswestry.

Firefighters were called to attend the crash at about 10.40am. It caused traffic congestion along the main A5/A483 route.

The driver was not trapped in his cab and was uninjured in the crash which happened at a roundabout near Oswestry Orthopaedic Hospital.
Firefighters were called to deal with a fuel spillage from the crashed lorry.

Crews from Oswestry, Ellesmere, Baschurch and Wellington were called to the incident.

They used soil to deal with the fuel spillage.

A spokeswoman from the West Midlands Ambulance Service said they were not called to the incident.

Not driver error of course!

seems to be a daily occurance :frowning:

Yea I went round that island en route to kronospan , on the way back an hour later there it was lying on its side . The driver was standing at the back of the trailer on the phone , hope I never have to make a call to the boss in those circumstances :blush:

Open and shut case for csi trucknetuk , excess speed :unamused: :wink:

albion1971:
Not driver error of course!

Do you ever give up. Obviously you don’t make mistakes( note the sarcasm) every post you make is digging at HGV drivers.
Perhaps you should take a good long hard look in a mirror and you will see your own inadequacies.

went past this about 10 mins after it had happened couldn’t make out the firm blue curtain sider with a light blue chassis driver looked to be in his twenties, other than that your guess is as good as mine.

Think it’s still there or in the process of being recovered.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Here we go again !!!

Bloody Hell, come on we’re supposed to be ‘Professional Class One’ Drivers- SLOW DOWN FOR ROUNDABOUTS :imp:

Yes ! I don’t know anything about this roll over, but wagons don’t just roll over on their own, it takes ‘■■■■’ input to help them on their way. :unamused:

PS, while its on its side, they could save time on the next 6 week check & inspect the under carriage. :laughing:

Ah yes i see whats happened here, It was an idiot car driver again that cut him up on the roundabout causing him to take evasive action over a harsh camber causing the load to shift thus rolling the vehicle over.
Case Closed. :smiley:

Agency driver :laughing: :laughing:

FarnboroughBoy11:
Ah yes i see whats happened here, It was an idiot car driver again that cut him up on the roundabout causing him to take evasive action over a harsh camber causing the load to shift thus rolling the vehicle over.

Yep ! definitely a car was involved.

Trouble is-it was 10 miles away, being driven by his Mrs/Boyfriend & the driver was thinking about the Leg Over he was racing home for ! :laughing:

FarnboroughBoy11:

that’s what a fella i used to work with said after he rolled one :laughing: i’ve no idea if it was true or not.

is there a driver out there who has never had the - ■■■■, i’m in here a bit hot :open_mouth: moment? albion need not answer as we all know you won’t have done.

Many moons ago when they were building the Newbury bypass, :laughing: we were doing a lot of backloads to ryvita at bredbury from Poole! :sunglasses: so the diversion many " PROFESSIONALS " were using was up to fordingbridge via Salisbury UPTO Swindon to the m5 via birdlip! :laughing: anyhow in fordingbridge there’s a roundabout and an English driver with a left ■■■■■■ ( I was on mine too! ) :smiley: rolls it on the round over! :open_mouth: a car driver and I gets him out and he’s a ■■■■- ER - knee! :unamused: and he whips out his mobile, and says " ’ ere listen to this ! " :grimacing: driver " boss, I need a new wing mirror! "

Boss " ring up SCANIA, and get a new one! :laughing: "

Driver " I can’t boss, there’s 44 tonne lying on top of it! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: "

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppp! Phones gone down he says :wink:

The only one that really knows what happened…was the driver !!!

Mikey D:
Yea I went round that island en route to kronospan , on the way back an hour later there it was lying on its side . The driver was standing at the back of the trailer on the phone , hope I never have to make a call to the boss in those circumstances :blush:

Open and shut case for csi trucknetuk , excess speed :unamused: :wink:

You lucky ■■■■■■■■ NOT :laughing:
I’m not on for Plevin anymore, but my mate went in this morning in a walking floor, started to tip and the guy came over with the sample bucket, started waving his arms around and told my mate that his load was rejected due to excess ‘fines and crap’ lol.
My mate said that when he started tipping he thought it might get rejected though.

stevieboy308:

FarnboroughBoy11:

that’s what a fella i used to work with said after he rolled one :laughing: i’ve no idea if it was true or not.

is there a driver out there who has never had the - [zb], i’m in here a bit hot :open_mouth: moment? albion need not answer as we all know you won’t have done.

Not once has that happened to me :blush:

comet:
Agency driver :laughing: :laughing:

Not likely, most agency “drivers” string the job out for as long as possible so wouldnt be going anywhere near fast enough to tip it.

stevieboy308:
is there a driver out there who has never had the - [zb], i’m in here a bit hot :open_mouth: moment?

good point.
however,it all depends on your definition of “a bit hot”.just the other day I had some ■■■■ in a tipper,stuff it up the outside…on the brakes :open_mouth: before cutting back in,and straight lining a roundabout :open_mouth:
nice move…apart from wacking the inside curb,with both back wheels,and nearly tipping it over :unamused:

its these idiots that are going over...ok,the odd one might be mechanical failure etc...but Ill drink my own ■■■■…if the majority of these rollovers aren’t caused by driver error…in fact…not only are they going too fast,they also don`t know where their back wheels are :unamused:

I reckon that`s a lot hot :unamused:

Dave the Renegade:
The only one that really knows what happened…was the driver !!!

A minor detail.

You’ve obviously never watched an episode of Trucknet CSI : Damning The Innocent Freeing The Guilty.

martinviking:
wagons don’t just roll over

I’ve checked the Trucknet CSI Handbook and apparently a good gust of wind can so until the meteorological office prove otherwise this man is innocent :grimacing:

They can and do go over at surprisingly low speeds, however it still usually requires driver input such as sharp steering movements or running over a kerb with a high centre of gravity load.

Rollovers can and do happen due to lots of things other than driver error, loads can shift suddenly especially if the trl is loaded when driver isn’t present or isn’t allowed in the trl or warehouse to supervise the loading and they seal the trl after,
Roll overs seem to be increasing, as have auto gearboxes, to dismiss a link between the two would IMO be naive