Lucky Escape !

ahh right…so it`s the autobox that makes it go over.

if you were on a Saturday night gameshow,where you had to bet money on the correct answers…and the final question was:
what is the most common cause of hgv rollovers?

a.driver error
b.mechanical failure/load movement

where would you put your money :question:

commonrail:
ahh right…so it`s the autobox that makes it go over.

if you were on a Saturday night gameshow,where you had to bet money on the correct answers…and the final question was:
what is the most common cause of hgv rollovers?

a.driver error
b.mechanical failure/load movement

where would you put your money :question:

c. Aliens !
(Came into my cab & pulled my trousers down & I didn’t realise that there was a roundabout coming up !)
“No way was it my Fault”

Next excuse please ?

Perhaps the auto box has caused an increase in the poor driving technique of braking into bends rather than finishing braking before the bend and pulling out of them.

I agree autoboxs can catch you out when heavy going around sharp slip roads it doesn,t change down quick enough i allways go into manual mode.

tommy t:
Roll overs seem to be increasing, as have auto gearboxes, to dismiss a link between the two would IMO be naive

Trucks tip over because drivers carry too much speed into bends. The speed of the vehicle is controlled by the driver, not the gearbox.

You could correlate any 2 things if you try hard enough.

hook:
I agree autoboxs can catch you out when heavy going around sharp slip roads it doesn,t change down quick enough i allways go into manual mode.

:bulb: But brakes are for slowing and gears are for going :exclamation: :question:

Correct gear helps you drive it round bends but auto will be in too high a gear most of the time.

I remember following my mate into Nissan Washington early one Monday morning (we had parked up at the gate Sunday night) down the road turned left to go to goods in and he went straight over (high Winds) 16’ curtainsider.
Within 10 seconds he is exiting the passenger window, not a scratch.
Jumps out, “what shall I do he shouts,” I dunno, I will go tip and come back for you, we are booked for 8am. by the time I was tipped and back, crane has arrived and was picking him up,
I grabbed the trailer and took it to the goods in for tipping, only 1 x facia damaged from hundreds, trailer slightly bent out of shape.

I have never seen an artic go over so quickly, amazing. Cab was toast. :neutral_face:

beetee07:

albion1971:
Not driver error of course!

Do you ever give up. Obviously you don’t make mistakes( note the sarcasm) every post you make is digging at HGV drivers.
Perhaps you should take a good long hard look in a mirror and you will see your own inadequacies.

But to have so many drivers each day/week/month FFS ? It only proves simple theory. To many Muppets with HGV/LGV entitlement.

MisterStrood:

beetee07:

albion1971:
Not driver error of course!

Do you ever give up. Obviously you don’t make mistakes( note the sarcasm) every post you make is digging at HGV drivers.
Perhaps you should take a good long hard look in a mirror and you will see your own inadequacies.

But to have so many drivers each day/week/month FFS ? It only proves simple theory. To many Muppets with HGV/LGV entitlement.

I don’t disagree with you but every time albion1971 posts on here it’s a dig at drivers he must be so perfect that he never makes a mistake.
I don’t post that often but keep reading his posts just grates a little he needs to give it a rest. Jmo