Lower back pain

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, every morning i get up and lower back is sore and stiff, but gets better after an hr or so and then feel fine i go do 12 to 14 hr shift in the truck get home feel fine go to sleep and wake up again with sore lower back, at first i thought it was my mattress so got new mattress but a month down the line and still same issues, could it be the truck seat causing the issues even though the pain is not appearing unit next morning when i wake up ■■

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Yep had the same issue for years all caused by heavy lifting in my youth. Had back x rayed and scanned many years ago. Mine still ceases up when sitting for long periods.
Physio recommended not to sit too long. Always stop regularly and exercise by walking.

jakethesnake:
Yep had the same issue for years all caused by heavy lifting in my youth. Had back x rayed and scanned many years ago. Mine still ceases up when sitting for long periods.
Physio recommended not to sit too long. Always stop regularly and exercise by walking.

See because it was only in the mornings i was feeling it i didn’t even cross my mind about it being from driving the day before, well iv just bought a seat cushion and lumbar support so will see if that helps any in the future, thanks for the reply mate [emoji1360]

br1982:

jakethesnake:

See because it was only in the mornings i was feeling it i didn’t even cross my mind about it being from driving the day before, well iv just bought a seat cushion and lumbar support so will see if that helps any in the future, thanks for the reply mate [emoji1360]

No probs, hope it feels better soon.

jakethesnake:

Yep. Sounds familiar. It’s basically wear and tear. Heavy lifting while younger (and feeling indestructible) hasn’t helped.

Can’t help much except to empathise in that I had similar pain a few years ago: agonising pain before waking up and then going away several minutes after getting up. It went away after a week or so and happily hasn’t recurred. Dunno what the cause was.

I try to find a balance between a reasonable amount of exercise and not wearing myself out. My guess is it could be bad posture if yours is not weight-lifting related. I generally believe that a sedentary occupation and lack of exercise is as detrimental to the body as knackering it through overuse.

try a chiropractor mate . mine was shoulder pain he sorted it now pain free I just go once a month for general maintenance. I swear by it…

m.a.n rules:
try a chiropractor mate . mine was shoulder pain he sorted it now pain free I just go once a month for general maintenance. I swear by it…

Ill Maybe give it a try mate cheers

I would visit the Doc before seeing a chiropractor. It may help but it may do more harm than good depending whats wrong.

Sometimes the simplest of things can make a significant difference to the symptoms. When suffering I have found that taking a hot water bottle to bed and resting the affected area on it for a while helps; as do careful stretching exercises in the morning.

Only last week it was confirmed that research had proved that the weather and humidity do in fact have a bearing upon these sorts of aches and arthritic pains flaring up.

jakethesnake:
I would visit the Doc before seeing a chiropractor. It may help but it may do more harm than good depending whats wrong.

why see a doc, chiropractors do 7 yrs learning their trade . a gp would give you painkillers and refer you to a physo
who have nowhere near the knowledge of the bone and muscular make up of the human body.

If you spend long periods driving, turn on the heated seat if you have one. The warmth will relax the muscles and ease any pain. You could also try one of those heated/massaging seat covers, I got one for my car, use it on the way to and from work, made a massive difference to my back

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

yes heat can help with some discomforts but with others cold gel packs help . I was putting ralgex etc on my shoulder to no avail once I saw the chiro he told me I was aggravating the issue advised a gel pack kept in the freezer and place on the affected area for 10 mins at a time. instant relief…

m.a.n rules:

jakethesnake:

why see a doc, chiropractors do 7 yrs learning their trade . a gp would give you painkillers and refer you to a physo
who have nowhere near the knowledge of the bone and muscular make up of the human body.

Having had the physio at work sort my back out a few years ago when I’d really done it in, I think its really down to getting somebody good at their job.

Are you sure that’s 7 years, that longer than it takes to be a doctor and a quick Google says it’s a 4 or 5 year Masters degree course or Post Grad Masters?

m.a.n rules:

jakethesnake:

Waste of time going to the doctor ,go to a decent chiropractor ,find one who does x rays ,I have lower back pain on and off ,I’ve been twice in 20 yrs plus if you do what he says ect like swimming and lunges and no leaping of the back of a lorry :unamused: then you should be good with out too many regular re visits ,just make sure when you go if a nice girl massages you first don’t shoot down your leg :laughing:

Think about how you sit in the seat when driving, I find taking the bottom seat pad out a bit so its just being the knee and setting the rake so I’m slightly tilted back in the seat helps keep me from slouching down, keep your head up and your shoulders back also.

I suffered badly with my back when I was driving heavy plant off road, being thrown around the cab steering with one hand holding on with the other and lots of bending of the lower back tilting forward in the seat to see what I was doing.

The key to ending back pain forever (unless other underlying problems exist) is walking I took it up at the beginning of the year after I quitting my gym membership I aim for around 10 miles a week on the flat which is easily done there and a bit miles each time a decent pair of walking shoes can be had for under £100 you will feel better also, no more knee pain either you can even do it if you tramp.

Sitting on your Jacksie is a sure fire way to eventual poor health, diabetes, obesity loss of mobility all come with truck driving when something as simple as walking does the trick with all the knowledge we have regarding health you’d be a mug not to.

Thanks for all the replies ppl [emoji1362]

Punchy Dan:

m.a.n rules:

jakethesnake:

Waste of time going to the doctor ,go to a decent chiropractor ,find one who does x rays ,I have lower back pain on and off ,I’ve been twice in 20 yrs plus if you do what he says ect like swimming and lunges and no leaping of the back of a lorry :unamused: then you should be good with out too many regular re visits ,just make sure when you go if a nice girl massages you first don’t shoot down your leg :laughing:

:laughing: Yes that might be slightly embarrassing :blush: :laughing:

elsa Lad:

Punchy Dan:

m.a.n rules:

jakethesnake:

Waste of time going to the doctor ,go to a decent chiropractor ,find one who does x rays ,I have lower back pain on and off ,I’ve been twice in 20 yrs plus if you do what he says ect like swimming and lunges and no leaping of the back of a lorry :unamused: then you should be good with out too many regular re visits ,just make sure when you go if a nice girl massages you first don’t shoot down your leg [emoji38]

[emoji38] Yes that might be slightly embarrassing :blush: [emoji38]

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I would not say it’s a waste of time seeing a Doc, that’s the route I took and it worked for me. X ray and scan followed by physio. I know a couple of guys who went chyropractor and ended up worse off. It all really depends on whats wrong in the first place I suppose.