Lower back pain

Are you sure that’s 7 years, that longer than it takes to be a doctor and a quick Google says it’s a 4 or 5 year Masters degree course or Post Grad Masters?

that’s what my chiro told me . he was at Cardiff uni… I’ve no reason to disbelieve him…

If you are getting shooting pains down the back of your legs as well, could be the start of Sciatica, if it is good luck with that.

Suedehead:
If you are getting shooting pains down the back of your legs as well, could be the start of Sciatica, if it is good luck with that.

No shooting pain down either leg, just seems to be lower back and tail bone

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

cav551:
Sometimes the simplest of things can make a significant difference to the symptoms. When suffering I have found that taking a hot water bottle to bed and resting the affected area on it for a while helps; as do careful stretching exercises in the morning.

Only last week it was confirmed that research had proved that the weather and humidity do in fact have a bearing upon these sorts of aches and arthritic pains flaring up.

It does, but it doesn’t half make you feel old.

I thought most cyroprators worked privately and in that case it will cost you money and they may just be keener to get your cash than actually find out what’s wrong.
The NHS is free and probably a safer bet in my opinion.

br, what motor do you drive. is it a merc ?

m.a.n rules:

No its 56 plate volvo im in last 2 months, the seat is a bit worn tbf

m.a.n rules:
Are you sure that’s 7 years, that longer than it takes to be a doctor and a quick Google says it’s a 4 or 5 year Masters degree course or Post Grad Masters?

that’s what my chiro told me . he was at Cardiff uni… I’ve no reason to disbelieve him…

Fair enough, not going to disagree, I know a fair few people who go to them and get sorted out for their aches and pains, because we tend to get Physio’s at work, I can get free treatment while at work.

I did go to my doctor a couple of years ago with pain round my hip, the first visit the locum just gave me some pills, but when I went back and saw my regular Doctor, and like Mr Thesnake. I got sent for a scan as he wanted to rule out anything more serious than age and wear and tear. That’s why I’d probably see a doctor first, if they rule out other causes and you find it helps, then go to a Chiropractor.

jakethesnake:
I thought most cyroprators worked privately and in that case it will cost you money and they may just be keener to get your cash than actually find out what’s wrong.

ffs jts move on… try dozy’s posts… :unamused:

whats your weight / height? i used to get all sorts of aches when i was 4 stones over my ideal weight. i ended up losing that after a health scare. took me 2yrs , if youre even 1 stone over the ideal i say lose it

corij:
whats your weight / height? i used to get all sorts of aches when i was 4 stones over my ideal weight. i ended up losing that after a health scare. took me 2yrs , if youre even 1 stone over the ideal i say lose it

6ft and 12 stone which thinks fine for my height [emoji848]

m.a.n rules:

jakethesnake:

ffs jts move on… try dozy’s posts… :unamused:

I am merely giving an opinion from my past situation. Someone asked for advice and I tried to help. Just because you went a different route does not make mine wrong.

Have you tried Ibuprofen to see if that helps?

m.a.n rules:

I was wondering the same. The few times I’ve driven a Merc, my back has always been horrific afterwards.
Can do 10 hour shifts in a Daf quite happily back-wise.

Hyh:
Have you tried Ibuprofen to see if that helps?

m.a.n rules:

I was wondering the same. The few times I’ve driven a Merc, my back has always been horrific afterwards.
Can do 10 hour shifts in a Daf quite happily back-wise.

Anti inflammatory not an option they give me ulcers and gastro issues [emoji1361]

br1982:
6ft and 12 stone which thinks fine for my height [emoji848]

I’m 6’ 5" and just under 13 stone. Absolutely fine for my height, but, being in my mid-sixties, age has caught up with my poor ageing back.
I’m not the ideal shape for heavy lifting, but, doesn’t matter now, the damage was done in my youth.
I’ve got to the stage where it’s strictly down to damage limitation, which, Merc or not (yes I drive a Merc) is manageable.
(sorry to put a downer on things, but, it’s up to yourself how much you suffer).

might help doing back stretches , like bending backwards past the vertical. specially if you cant stand bolt upright anymore, you lay on the floor face down and raise you feet and arms of the deck at the same time

I know the exact problem you’re suffering as had it on and off quite a few times over years.

Not sure theres a single cause as this was also prior to driving, but the mattress topper makes a difference along with the pillow.

Ours now has a 3" thick memory foam topper which seems to be helping, but I also noticed a shaped pillow helps, one thats memory foam and contours to your neck. Got mine from IKEA and it also mostly sorted my serious neck pains. Got a decent mattress (not £1000 but not cheapo) but it actually made it worse.

One other thing, do you sleep on your back a lot? I do find that can make mine ache vs sleeping on side. Always done the latter.

Backs… cant live with them… :slight_smile:

It’s like an epidemic with drivers. Same here as others, heavy lifting as a youngster, comes back to bite you later on in life. I took up martial arts. It was killing me at first but I stuck with it and ended up losing weight at the same time as improving my lower back. I’ve been out of it for years now, but still reap the benefits as long as I don’t do something stupid.

trevHCS:
I know the exact problem you’re suffering as had it on and off quite a few times over years.

Not sure theres a single cause as this was also prior to driving, but the mattress topper makes a difference along with the pillow.

Ours now has a 3" thick memory foam topper which seems to be helping, but I also noticed a shaped pillow helps, one thats memory foam and contours to your neck. Got mine from IKEA and it also mostly sorted my serious neck pains. Got a decent mattress (not £1000 but not cheapo) but it actually made it worse.

One other thing, do you sleep on your back a lot? I do find that can make mine ache vs sleeping on side. Always done the latter.

Backs… cant live with them… :slight_smile:

Yeah i have found its when i wake up in pain lying on my back, i bought a thing to stop you rolling onto yer back at night but its so uncomfortable i have bought 3 mattress in last 6 months lol memory foam mattress made it worse so now have firm mattress with memory foam layer on top but might add a mattress topper,

sitting down all day with minimal exercise is terrible for your back, you could possibly have a weak posterior chain. I had the same until I started going to the gym and lifting weights.

sohofitnesslab.com/post/the-pos … ed-to-know