Lost tacho chart

Im not sure of the consequenses of this as on friday i managed to lose one of my charts…has anyone else done this? i do realise that they are a legal document and how important they are before anyone says anything :confused:

Any advice appreciated

Adam

what you should do is get a chart and to the best of your knowledge put what you did on the back and right a note to said why you did a manual chart it should cover you and as long as you don’t do it to often

ok lads sounds like a rigid job going in essex :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 chart dont worry about it honestly

dogthehunter:
Im not sure of the consequenses of this as on friday i managed to lose one of my charts…has anyone else done this? i do realise that they are a legal document and how important they are before anyone says anything :confused:

Any advice appreciated

Adam

Make a chart out recording your activities manually on the rear fo the chart. Enter the start /finish mileage on the front as usual if you can get them from your daily run sheet.

It should not be a problem, as in this country they don’t expect you to have a chart for every day worked… In Poland they operating system of “yellow charts” where your employer states if you were off or if you was driving a small van for example… They had to put stamp on it etc…

here you can always tell them “O, I wasn’t driving that day”.

I seen a guy once (guess it was owner driver) who just throw his chart away through the window…

we DO expect a chart for every day worked Orys…or at least some form of ‘work sheet’!!! :smiley:

orys:
It should not be a problem, as in this country they don’t expect you to have a chart for every day worked…

:smiley:
I can now start a rumour !! This Polish guy told me… :smiley: :smiley:

So it seems from another recent thread on this forum, that Poles poop out of the cab window, whilst Brit drivers aim ‘hot’ tacho charts out of theirs :laughing:

orys:

That’s true orys, but that leaves the boss with ‘missing mileage’ which is easily discovered by VOSA when they do a check.

Then they start making enquiries… :wink:

Yeah, I know, that it is in theory as it’s european rule. But I work only for agencies → no work - no chart. Sometimes I am driving sprinters… So VOSA stops me and what? I even asked in agency when I moved to UK for yellow charts for days I’ve been not working, they were looking on me like for some UFO. So I started to write my own charts for every day I was off work or was driving untachographed vehicle, but as no-one seemed to be interested in that I stopped…

As I am speaking with other drivers no-one was doing that as well. Are some of you filling charts when driving small vans or for your days off or holidays?

I was never stopped by VOSA but in my company they had a control and I had charts only for days I was driving lorries, I had no charts for driving sprinters and they hadn’t downloaded my digicard as well - never heard about any problems…

Ragnarok:
So it seems from another recent thread on this forum, that Poles poop out of the cab window, whilst Brit drivers aim ‘hot’ tacho charts out of theirs :laughing:

No I seen that only once. I was parked behind this guy and as I am very nosy guy, when he lived I looked on it (as it was still lying on the ground) and it was full tacho with some drafts…

dieseldave:

orys:

That’s true orys, but that leaves the boss with ‘missing mileage’ which is easily discovered by VOSA when they do a check.

Yeah, but then it’s boss’s trouble. How can they prove that it was me driving this van that day if they have no tacho or other documents?

orys:
Yeah, but then it’s boss’s trouble. How can they prove that it was me driving this van that day if they have no tacho or other documents?

Hi orys, you’ve caught me out mate. :blush:

I looked at what I wrote and found that I could have written it better… :frowning:

I meant to say: The boss will end up with ‘missing mileage’ if you lose a tacho chart relating to a day that you drove a vehicle fitted with a tachograph.
We should realise that VOSA can ask to see other documentation at the boss’ office, such as timesheets, weighbridge tickets and fuel receipts.

:blush: Sorry for my other post orys, that was poor and unclear wording on my part. :blush:

If you fill in another chart with an explanation on the back saying its a replacement then you’ll probably get a stern look and not much else as its an isolated incident.

dieseldave:
I meant to say: The boss will end up with ‘missing mileage’ if you lose a tacho chart relating to a day that you drove a vehicle fitted with a tachograph.
We should realise that VOSA can ask to see other documentation at the boss’ office, such as timesheets, weighbridge tickets and fuel receipts.

:blush: Sorry for my other post orys, that was poor and unclear wording on my part. :blush:

Yeah, but for example when I was driving for McLellans there was such mess in the office that when I refused to drive some van as it was not roadworthy, the nightshift guy was telling me “take another one”.

So I was just going to the box, choosing one for myself and then was going to work (that way I was driving a brand new MAN TGA for example, which wasn’t meant for nightshift drivers, but as I was told “take any” I was taking the best ones for my own comfort and safety :smiley: )

Then I was back before dayshift started, hanging it out to the box and went home.

They had no toll receipt, we were fuelling in the yard (but I was not always refuelling as I was driving only 40 miles per night very often) so no fuel receipts as well and they had only my clock card, but, again, there was nothing about which van I was driving (if any). So I could always tell them that I was driving sprinter that night (no one was checking mileages on sprinters and most drivers weren’t filling the daily check sheets) and who will prove me that I did drove this MAN that night (except that in this case it was digi tacho in it, but I am giving it only as an example, and anyway- they never downloaded my card even if I reminded that to them, they seemed to do not care, if they are doing the same with vehicle units, there is no chance to track me)

Off course this is not what the decent company will do, but it shows my point: If i don’t care about my boss’s problems, I can do it sometimes and no-one will track me… And with such mess in company I bet that they would never notice that they have something missing unless VOSA would come to them…

Off course I have to mention that I never do things like that, and I just wonder about this gap - how many people are doing things like that…

orys:

dieseldave:

orys:

A daily run sheet should sort that out.

Mike-C:

Isn’t the daily run sheet an “other document”?

See my post above - i didn’t trying to tell that it’s OK but it’s seems to be common practice…

orys:

Mike-C:

Isn’t the daily run sheet an “other document”?

See my post above - i didn’t trying to tell that it’s OK but it’s seems to be common practice…

It was this bit that was misleading

orys wrote:

Along with this

orys wrote:

It should not be a problem, as in this country they don’t expect you to have a chart for every day worked…

Also it won’t be bosses trouble if they contact the boss.

As long as you keep a written record, Then you are within the law.

It’s like a get out of jail free card. (chart).
But just like anything, Don’t take the ■■■■.

easiest way to solve the problem of the missing chart…

lose the whole weeks worth of charts, then swear blind that you handed them in as normal :laughing: :laughing:

job done

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ok, ok, hat, coat, door, bye bye :blush: