Lost for words

Out this afternoon with Mrs SD and we came up behind a car, oldish chap and his mrs. Had his satnav directly in front of his eyes!
Yes middle and centre at eye level, quite how he could drive like that is beyond me, not to mention illegal and utterly stupid.
Just when you think you’ve seen it all…

…and when it gets dark he’ll still have it on daytime mode blinding him…

Yep, them idiots that drive around in the dark with the sat nav on day mode, it must be hard work driving round like that

It’s the foreigners who make me laugh, driving around with 2 sat navs on the go at once, I really can’t see the point or am I missing something

selby newcomer:
2 sat navs on the go at once, I really can’t see the point or am I missing something

Maybe they get paid more than you…:laughing:

I have a papery map.

brados:
I have a papery map.

What is this ye olde map you talk of?
My boy asked me what I wanted for christmas, I said, “a new uk bridge height map please.”
His response, “I’ll see if I can find an app on itunes for you■■?”
Not app son, map.

It’s funny how many people have them under the rear view mirror too.

The amount of vision that must obscure is silly.
Vostappo were having a clamp down on hgv drivers with sat navs in the wiper sweep, I bet these idiots never get stopped.

Sunnydevon:
Out this afternoon with Mrs SD and we came up behind a car, oldish chap and his mrs. Had his satnav directly in front of his eyes!
Yes middle and centre at eye level, quite how he could drive like that is beyond me, not to mention illegal and utterly stupid.
Just when you think you’ve seen it all…[/quote

probably on his way back from an out of town supermarket where breads 2p cheaper a loaf than the local store. :open_mouth:

Over 65 they should have to retake their test (all of it) every five years.

Over 75 retake every year

Over 80 banned

Off topic slightly but where do you out your sat nav

In the lorry I have mine in the top right side of the screen because the chances of me having to react to anything in the sky is limited at best.

In the car it’s in the dash and the van it’s behind the arm if the rear view mirror (again because I won’t have to react to anything in the sky)

I tend to listen to the sat nav more than watch it anyway

Tipper Tom:
Off topic slightly but where do you out your sat nav

In the lorry I have mine in the top right side of the screen because the chances of me having to react to anything in the sky is limited at best.

In the car it’s in the dash and the van it’s behind the arm if the rear view mirror (again because I won’t have to react to anything in the sky)

I tend to listen to the sat nav more than watch it anyway

I tend to stick mine over the speedo - it has a speedo on the display anyway, anywhere else on the dash might cover something important like a temp warning etc.

In the car it sits perfectly in the cup holder.

I don’t like to stick them to the window if I can help it since someone once said “thieves look for the rings on the window and break into the vehicle to look for the sat nav - check glovebox if a car etc…”

Foreign drivers may not have two or more sat navs.They have a gizmo where their traffic planners send their reload addresses to save phoning in each time.
Another gizmo is some truck monitor for performance.
So one sat nav and other toys that are in foreign trucks.

Tipper Tom:

Over 80 banned

Hiya…thats a bit out of order TT. i’m getting the wrong side of of 65 soon but can still do the job.
i still ride fast bikes, I ve go carted … banger raced ( box of trophy’s in the garage) super rodded
i’ve just been down to Spain.and back not upsetting anyone in my caravanett.
listen mate you’ll get old quicker than you think(you’ll sit there and say wow it was 35 years since i
did such and such where did the time go.) i do admit some old folks are a pain, but to stop me
and a few others because they are older is a bit of a no no.
i know of a chap who’s just been forced to give up his pleasuer, he has a caravanett with a smart car
and trailer, he drives down to Spain 4 maybe 5 times a year but now he’s over 80 years old he can’t drive
anything but a car nowadays. if you saw him you’d say 63 years old max.
I have another pal who’s 67 he had a trackday at oulton park on his 750 Honda motorbike, of he went
with 20 other lads on Fireblades and alsorts of flying machines. my mate finished first by a long margin.
some have got it others never had it.
John

Tipper Tom:

Over 80 banned

You can’t tar everyone with the same brush. The EU have with the Dcpc. The internet has every tipper driver down as being a lunatic :wink: . Apparently every Stobart driver is a moron. and i’m a [zb], But that’s the internet for you. :laughing:

selby newcomer:
It’s the foreigners who make me laugh, driving around with 2 sat navs on the go at once, I really can’t see the point or am I missing something

It’s one for each eye.

Tipper Tom:

Over 80 banned

No need to ban them.
Just confiscate their driving gloves,trilby hat and the Rover . :bulb:

3300John:

Tipper Tom:

Over 80 banned

Hiya…thats a bit out of order TT. i’m getting the wrong side of of 65 soon but can still do the job.
i still ride fast bikes, I ve go carted … banger raced ( box of trophy’s in the garage) super rodded
i’ve just been down to Spain.and back not upsetting anyone in my caravanett.
listen mate you’ll get old quicker than you think(you’ll sit there and say wow it was 35 years since i
did such and such where did the time go.) i do admit some old folks are a pain, but to stop me
and a few others because they are older is a bit of a no no.
i know of a chap who’s just been forced to give up his pleasuer, he has a caravanett with a smart car
and trailer, he drives down to Spain 4 maybe 5 times a year but now he’s over 80 years old he can’t drive
anything but a car nowadays. if you saw him you’d say 63 years old max.
I have another pal who’s 67 he had a trackday at oulton park on his 750 Honda motorbike, of he went
with 20 other lads on Fireblades and alsorts of flying machines. my mate finished first by a long margin.
some have got it others never had it.
John

How would a test at 65 stop you? If you’ve still got your wits about you?

I’m sure some people are perfectly ok to drive after 80 years, in the same way as I’m sure there are people who can drink 6 or 8 pints of lager and be ok to drive, but they are so few and far between that the law is made for the majority.

I thought it was a TV! Wondered why I couldn’t get the news :wink:

Sunnydevon:
Just when you think you’ve seen it all…

LOL. Quality.

A guy I know was driving aid lorries over the Alps when in his mid seventies ,he packed in the buses when he was 82 .