Lost dog

I can’t find…

The dog, the diesel dog.

I assume he’s been captured by those wicked ‘up to no good’ mods on Moderator mountain and thrown into the pre-mod dungeon?

I assumed he got caught up in the people trafficking gang as they are a couple of driver short. He couldn’t say no to the v8 on offer, first he moved tobacco, then drugs and now people as he needs to make payment on a Kelsa bill.

Maybe he is going on the Hajj?
Being truly devout, although he tries show modesty by hiding it, he will go on foot, so should start now for the 2021, dates.

Any leads?

The-Snowman:
Any leads?

think he’s been collared !

At a guess he has been arrested by the PC police.

DD did say a few months ago that he was hoping to spend some time in Sweden in his campervan once the plague restrictions started to lift, so that may be part of the reason for his non-attendance at chapel. Do they have the interweb thingy in Sweden?

More likely that his wings have been clipped in some way; if that is the case and he has decided not to post anymore, then that will be a considerable loss to the forum. He came across as one of the old school who tells it like it is. Some of his views are controversial and he is never going to make the diplomatic corps, but he has an entertaining posting style and his views are as valid as anybody else’s.

Dave and his crew have a very difficult job. The admin people have a new sponsor to please and that is key to the forum continuing in its current free-to-use format, but it would be a great shame to lose the more colourful characters – be they real or imagined – but a good few have disappeared recently (or at least their user names have). Dozy is missing from his layby, Winseer has vanished from his soapbox, and Dipper has probably realised he might as well not bother! Other members of the pre-mod club post a lot less frequently (Beaver and Nodding Donkey come to mind) and so we are deprived of their entertaining insights.

Anyway, come back Mr Dog (assuming the men in balaclavas haven’t disappeared you). We are missing the News at Tang

Is that you, DD ?

Not me mate - I have located him though

Last seen here on Wednesday, so he is still with us…

motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/th … nd.216484/

Green Devil:
Some of his views are controversial and he is never going to make the diplomatic corps

The only…

Person who could ever convince me that three tang V8s all abreast at 70mph on the A75 heading for a boat was perfectly reasonable behaviour. :smiley:

I also think you know more about DD than you allude to.

Green Devil:
DD did say a few months ago that he was hoping to spend some time in Sweden in his campervan once the plague restrictions started to lift, so that may be part of the reason for his non-attendance at chapel. Do they have the interweb thingy in Sweden?

More likely that his wings have been clipped in some way; if that is the case and he has decided not to post anymore, then that will be a considerable loss to the forum. He came across as one of the old school who tells it like it is. Some of his views are controversial and he is never going to make the diplomatic corps, but he has an entertaining posting style and his views are as valid as anybody else’s.

Dave and his crew have a very difficult job. The admin people have a new sponsor to please and that is key to the forum continuing in its current free-to-use format, but it would be a great shame to lose the more colourful characters – be they real or imagined – but a good few have disappeared recently (or at least their user names have). Dozy is missing from his layby, Winseer has vanished from his soapbox, and Dipper has probably realised he might as well not bother! Other members of the pre-mod club post a lot less frequently (Beaver and Nodding Donkey come to mind) and so we are deprived of their entertaining insights.

Anyway, come back Mr Dog (assuming the men in balaclavas haven’t disappeared you). We are missing the News at Tang

I have a feeling this is DD :wink:

I also think you know more about DD than you allude to.
[/quote]
All I know about DD, or anybody else on here for that matter, is gleaned from past postings. There are a good few on TNUK whose posts I enjoy reading (yourself included), so I was a bit concerned when DD vanished at the end of August and wondered if he had finally missed the boat.

It seems that all is well though, so hopefully he will reappear with his tales of “hooligan haulage”. But, if he’s not coming back, he’s missed the opportunity for a lifetime for a Trucknet flounce

yourhavingalarf:
The only…

Person who could ever convince me that three tang V8s all abreast at 70mph on the A75 heading for a boat was perfectly reasonable behaviour.

Gotta agree with that. (but I wouldn`t say so out loud)

Guess the nice poeple at Motor Home Fun complaining about a lack of power in bed might be in for an awakening!

Being retired and owning up to nearly residing in our Motorhome I will search all the other forums for our DD , I’m sure he can be found alive and well … I will offer him a free pitch For a week in Scotland if my planning permission comes through to start our new venture of a campsite…

3 wheeler:
Being retired and owning up to nearly residing in our Motorhome I will search all the other forums for our DD , I’m sure he can be found alive and well … I will offer him a free pitch For a week in Scotland if my planning permission comes through to start our new venture of a campsite…

Good shout there 3 wheeler - a week of DD would certainly be an experience. Might be best to check who else is on the booking list for that week though :wink:

I found that other forum by putting “Dieseldog999 northern ireland” into google. Can’t be that hard to find a Glaswegian in Belfast with a V8 Scanny camper van

Just another thought - when a long term and prolific poster (especially those who are obviously of a certain age) suddenly disappears, do the admin team make discrete enquiries (a private email or something) to see if they are OK?

Green Devil:
Just another thought - when a long term and prolific poster (especially those who are obviously of a certain age) suddenly disappears, do the admin team make discrete enquiries (a private email or something) to see if they are OK?

How do…

You know that he’s a certain age? :wink:

How do…

You know that he’s a certain age? :wink:
[/quote]
He said in one of his posts not long ago that he had been driving wagons for 38 years, so that’s circa 1982. You had to be 21 to take your test in those days, so that means (taking what he says as gospel) he’s probably at least in his 60’s. And you never know at that age - there’s a virus going around that carries off people that age if they stay in the pub after 10pm.

I passed my class one aged 17 in 1980 :wink:

the maoster:
I passed my class one aged 17 in 1980 :wink:

Fair point - forces lads could do it earlier