Lorry or truck

kg1979:
Never hear artics being called juggernauts now either. Sure they were always referred as that when I was a kid.

Only by those that were anti truck, eg Stop these big juggernauts thundering through our quiet village’ etc. :unamused: they never just passed through, they always ‘thundered’ through. :unamused:

Mixed bag of signs out there too…‘Unsuitable for HGVs’ or ‘Unsuitable for Lorries’…

Confuses me, so I just ignore them… :laughing:

robroy:
Only by those that were anti truck, eg Stop these big juggernauts thundering through our quiet village’ etc. :unamused: they never just passed through, they always ‘thundered’ through. :unamused:

Yep, just like the bellend who accused me of speeding to today when he came around the corner and found me on his side of the road so I could swing around a left turn. The fact that I (and him) stopped with plenty of time to spare was lost on him. Personally i think he just wanted to save face after initially beeping his horn at me! :laughing:

Disclaimer: No kittens were hurt in this maneuver!

As its a “wagon and drag” it must be a wagon…never heard it called a Lorry and something, but it could be a truck and trailer though. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ha juggernauts thundering through the village, that is an old one but was used all the time it is more like whispers through the village now.

Captain Caveman 76:
Maybe it’s a Hull thing, but I’m a wagon driver!!
What really grips my [zb] though is the change from HGV to LGV. I mean, why?

Aye m8 its always been wagon driver for me but back in the day me auldman was a lorry driver remember school hols me dad would say fancy a trip out in me lorry son fond memories :slight_smile:

When i started on European work…it was called Continental

Companies did warehouse work and stored goods…thats now called Logistics

I started work on a Lorry…and thats now called ( also ) a truck…which i use because it sounds friendly its also americanised which was sort of cool a time ago, when Bandit, and Convoy came to the big screen, or multiscreen but previously called a cinema.

As for the language…we gave it, taught it to the americans when we discovered it…since then, they have completely messed it up… :smiley:

Is Trucknet not affiliated in some way to BigLorryBlog?

Confused, me !!

Up here in the real north we’d say so’n’so has a new motor but nobody is a motor driver.

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk