Lorry driving etiquette

Okay this thread is dedicated to help some drivers with there basic manners

1. If someone is trying overtake you knock the limiter down a bit let him pass
    2)Flash overtaking person so he knows its safe to come back in
    3)When fueling up at services, move the truck forward a truck length if you can then pay
    4)When your finished for the day, clean the cab up dont leave your can/crisp
    5)DO NOT tailgate even if someone is in lane 2 and lane 1 is free, middle lanne hogging is bad yes (would rate it 4/10 in danger scale), but tailgating is rated 10/10 in dam right dangerous
    6)Do not split the lanes when lane 1 is closing down and we all need to be in lane 2, in slow moving traffic we should use all available room unless obviously red x
    7)When a driver has his hazards light on give him time to complete his maneuver dont shoot past him he might need to straighten the trailer up
    8)if a noobie struggling to reverse it may be good to help him i said may not always best to help
    9)When queing up at amazon/RDC leave a good gap, amount of times driver glue themself to the truck infront if the truck rolled a bit it would be a accident

Ok so follow all those above and we can be a little more happier, those in ‘*’ are 50/50 adviser feel free to add your own which i will follow

Posted that at just after 1am!
Been out clubbing had you?
Can’t think of any other reason for posting such patronising rubbish.

Thanks Ben. I’ve printed off your advice and am having it laminated and will carry it at all times. Dunno why I’d never thought of your revolutionary proposals before!

I can simplify this it’s called do whatever I feel like at the time :open_mouth:

the maoster:
Thanks Ben. I’ve printed off your advice and am having it laminated and will carry it at all times. Dunno why I’d never thought of your revolutionary proposals before!

Because you are a lesser driver than him, hand your licence back please.

discoman:

the maoster:

Ah, not any more though! Armed with Bens excellent guide I shall become a latterday Knight of the road. Why are they hiding these excellent steps from us?

Ben, in my posts I try to at least acknowledge that a driver could be a she. In know we live in a world of stereotypes, but these days I see female truck drivers every single day.

Hey Ben, …Thanks for all the good advice, I’m writing it down at this moment…
Btw…I’ve just been talking to your Grandma, she’s asked me to tell you to pop round.

She wants you to show her how to ■■■■ eggs.
Cheers.

TruckDriverBen:
Okay this thread is dedicated to help some drivers with there basic manners

1. If someone is trying overtake you knock the limiter down a bit let him pass
    2)Flash overtaking person so he knows its safe to come back in
    3)When fueling up at services, move the truck forward a truck length if you can then pay
    4)When your finished for the day, clean the cab up dont leave your can/crisp
    5)DO NOT tailgate even if someone is in lane 2 and lane 1 is free, middle lanne hogging is bad yes (would rate it 4/10 in danger scale), but tailgating is rated 10/10 in dam right dangerous
    6)Do not split the lanes when lane 1 is closing down and we all need to be in lane 2, in slow moving traffic we should use all available room unless obviously red x
    7)When a driver has his hazards light on give him time to complete his maneuver dont shoot past him he might need to straighten the trailer up
    8)if a noobie struggling to reverse it may be good to help him i said may not always best to help
    9)When queing up at amazon/RDC leave a good gap, amount of times driver glue themself to the truck infront if the truck rolled a bit it would be a accident

Ok so follow all those above and we can be a little more happier, those in ‘*’ are 50/50 adviser feel free to add your own which i will follow

Do you lead a stressful life Ben ?
I’d advise a check-up with your doctor - from what I’ve seen of your last few postings you seem to be very stressed out about things you cannot control , you need to get that sorted out before you give yourself a heart attack.

He’ll be fine Beefy, I’m led to believe that instances of stress related problems in pre pubescent teenagers is extremely rare.

the maoster:
He’ll be fine Beefy, I’m led to believe that instances of stress related problems in pre pubescent teenagers is extremely rare.

Usually due to a good strong grip and a swift right (or left ) hand :smiley: :smiley:

beefy4605:
Do you lead a stressful life Ben ?
I’d advise a check-up with your doctor - from what I’ve seen of your last few postings you seem to be very stressed out about things you cannot control , you need to get that sorted out before you give yourself a heart attack.

I still haven’t forgiven him for a few weeks back, where he virtually admitted to being one of those ■■■■ s who cut in on you when overtaking, then going on to say along the lines of…‘Well everybody does it’'. :grimacing:

Especially when with me when it happens I do this…every ■■■■ week on theM5 :imp: .youtu.be/0gSsrwZDA3Q

You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry Ben. :wink: :laughing:

beefy4605:

the maoster:

Usually due to a good strong grip and a swift right (or left ) hand :smiley: :smiley:

That’s what Maoster was on about when he mentioned ‘laminated’.
He’s got numerous laminated pics of various famous ladies in his top locker. :wink: :laughing:

The biggest faux-par is drivers who don’t buy other drivers coffee. Or those who drink warm beer.

robroy:

beefy4605:

the maoster:

He’s got numerous laminated pics of various famous ladies in his top locker. :wink: :laughing:

I’d doubt its anythig as complicated as that - he’s probably just found the lingere section in the home shopping catolouge :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

biggriffin:
The biggest faux-par is drivers who don’t buy other drivers coffee. Or those who drink warm beer.

The same ones that order pineapple on pizza .

the maoster:

discoman:

the maoster:

Ah, not any more though! Armed with Bens excellent guide I shall become a latterday Knight of the road. Why are they hiding these excellent steps from us?

You have seen the light, and will amend the errors of your ways, of course, you need to forget your own judgement and if a driver flashes you in and you hit him, show Ben’s advice, and the other driver will be to blame …

robroy:

Close but no cigar! My top lockers are reserved for my collection of harvested body parts through the years. My lady pics belong under the mattress. I’d have to be insane to do it any other way ffs!

NB: Doesn’t apply to Volvo drivers. Doubly doesn’t apply to Volvo tipper drivers.

beefy4605:

robroy:

beefy4605:

the maoster:

I’d doubt its anythig as complicated as that - he’s probably just found the lingere section in the home shopping catolouge :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean Old school ■■■■■■■■ :laughing: