Lorry driver follows sat nav oops

What was he ever thinking or was he not actually thinking…bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49278763

bald bloke:
What was he ever thinking or was he not actually thinking…bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49278763

Public flogging and a lifetime ban on operating anything bigger than a mini should fix the issue!!

Jokes aside, hope he/she is prosecuted and charged for the costs of recovery and damages. to many “Drivers” cant get out of the carpark without a Satnav! Map reading and route planning should form part of the Driving test.

No one knows what goes through some people’s heads.

That said - just a look at the street and surely alarms bells should have been clanging like mad that it’s unrealistic to go up there in first place.

Even at top they should have twigged this isn’t going to work and edged back down not up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnaggleTooth:

bald bloke:

Public flogging and a lifetime ban on operating anything bigger than a mini should fix the issue!!

Jokes aside, hope he/she is prosecuted and charged for the costs of recovery and damages. to many “Drivers” cant get out of the carpark without a Satnav! Map reading and route planning should form part of the Driving test.

Hmmm reserve that thought seeing your other thread is on about your first day on road commercially tomorrow

These things come back to bite on here [emoji6]

Sadly there’s many truck satnavs that will actually route you up such roads around Wales. Not quite Wales but if I want to go from Malvern to Hereford truck satnavs try to route me up the same clearly unsuitable roads to try to get me on the A4103 and they’ll do it mile after mile after mile.

SnaggleTooth:

bald bloke:

Map reading and route planning should form part of the Driving test.

It does

Wheel Nut:

SnaggleTooth:

bald bloke:

Map reading and route planning should form part of the Driving test.

It does

The 10 minute “Independent” drive? about 8 of my 10 minutes were travelling down a dual carriageway :laughing:

dcgpx:

SnaggleTooth:

bald bloke:
Hmmm reserve that thought seeing your other thread is on about your first day on road commercially tomorrow

These things come back to bite on here [emoji6]

More the reason to not screw up!! :laughing:

Was the bloke in shorts but no hi vis with a phone in his left hand waving his arms around the driver ■■ I couldn’t see if he was wearing flip flops though …

Wheel Nut:
It does

Yeah but if you muck up the independent drive and keep going wrong, it’s not a fail, I don’t think it’s even a minor.
Don’t ask how I know :blush:

Oh…

bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales- … tower-hill

Thread has already been started, see ‘Lorry driver follows sat nav oops !’

i

raymundo:
Was the bloke in shorts but no hi vis with a phone in his left hand waving his arms around the driver ■■ I couldn’t see if he was wearing flip flops though …

Piltdown man came in to my head when I clapped eyes on him.

Here’s how they get them out.

youtu.be/au-5CGoYtQs

Nice lift by the crane driver.
A toot of the horn, a polite round of applause, and the chips are on their way!

peterm:

raymundo:

Piltdown man came in to my head when I clapped eyes on him.

So we can agree that no-one in a professional capacity was on site to take control?

SnaggleTooth:

I agree up to a point, but it looks to me as if the guy just got lost, ■■■■ ed up and his luck ran out. :bulb:
It isn’t as if he has just ploughed under a low bridge without slowing up because of carelessness.
I got into a similar situation myself the other week in a tight arsed part of a town in Cornwall,… ok I got out of it eventually with no real dramas, but this sort of thing happens when you make deliveries in non artic friendly environments…as I do every week.

People should not just automatically assume he was following his sat nav, not all of us rely totally on sat navs you know :bulb: , and some of us …wait for it shock horror :open_mouth: …use car sat navs. :open_mouth:

If what Conor says is true that they are not fit for purpose in certain areas :open_mouth: , that is just one more excuse on my list not to blow out 300 quid for a truck sat nav.

Just remember this when you find yourself in difficulty in an epic ■■■■ up situation yourself. :smiley:

SJB:

Wheel Nut:
It does

Yeah but if you muck up the independent drive and keep going wrong, it’s not a fail, I don’t think it’s even a minor.
Don’t ask how I know :blush:

It would probably be a fail if you hit a bridge, went into a weight limit, or got stuck on a totally unsuitable road during your test. Just guessing mind.

idrive:

youtu.be/au-5CGoYtQs

Whereabouts in Cornwall is that exactly?
(So I know to avoid it :blush: :smiley: )

idrive:

youtu.be/au-5CGoYtQs

and then wait for the hefty bill from the crane operator!