Lorry driver caught watching Youtube while driving

Not very professional is it :frowning:

Lorry driver caught watching YouTube while driving on M5 motorway

A LORRY driver was caught watching YouTube while driving on the motorway.

Officers from Central Motorways Policing Group pulled the driver over on the M5 southbound between junctions seven and eight near Worcestershire.

He was watching the videos on his tablet which was propped up on the dashboard of his cab.

HGV_Driver_Youtube.jpg

Wtaf

To be fair, it’s normally pretty quiet along there and the scenery’s nothing special.

MilitantGraham:
To be fair, it’s normally pretty quiet along there and the scenery’s nothing special.

It doesn’t look exactly deserted of traffic in the picture.

he should have been placing the screen behind him and watching it in a mirror…possible legal loophole there?

quiet day…big road…on the cruise…bored senseless at 90kms,theres your sign.

What a cosy dunt. Gives us good ones a bad name. These days I’m afraid to pick my hooter and then you get bell ends like this taking the absolute ■■■■. :angry:
Then to top it all off, its also a Merc!

Very unprofessional indeed. A proper driver would always choose a stretch of road with no police oversight for watching the telly :laughing:

Passed one driving a rigid for Sash UK with a tablet on the dashboard where the speedo is watching a video as he drove down the M1 past J26 at 5.40am the other morning.

There’s some real knob ends driving trucks.

I have my tablet on the dash to make it easier to change the music/podcasts. Sometimes It could look like I was watching videos. I find it less distracting than staring at the instrument cluster whilst changing the radio.

I’ve seen the police cmpg Daf 85 today and yesterday on the m6 ,the adverts would have you belive it’s got police on the front and batenburg on the side but no it’s all white with blue lights in the grill ,PN15HRK I think ,low roof sleeper with roof kit on .

Own Account Driver:
I have my tablet on the dash to make it easier to change the music/podcasts. Sometimes It could look like I was watching videos. I find it less distracting than staring at the instrument cluster whilst changing the radio.

What is the law on this ? my wife has a touch screen thing built into the dash that you can use to select music radio etc. But a lap top sat on top of the dash set up for the same purpose ?

Straight f’ward answer. Don’t fanny around with gadgets on the dash :exclamation:

simon1958:
Straight f’ward answer. Don’t fanny around with gadgets on the dash :exclamation:

I agree 100% and if it was up to me I would ban the type of interactive screen that is fitted as standard in my wife’s car - However I am still curious as to the legal element of using a touch screen tablet device mounted on the dash. I don’t see one as being more dangerous than the other but suspect one of these screens could attract three points or more for due-care .

Punchy Dan:
I’ve seen the police cmpg Daf 85 today and yesterday on the m6 ,the adverts would have you belive it’s got police on the front and batenburg on the side but no it’s all white with blue lights in the grill ,PN15HRK I think ,low roof sleeper with roof kit on .

Easy to notice anyway ain’t it if you think. I mean how many units do you see doing about 60mph on the motorway?

if they can reach 60 then you might think they would have the brains to go incognito and drive one with irish plates…for some reason they never seem to overtake a lot of us… :slight_smile:

Nothing new here I’ve seen drivers watching a ■■■■■ whilst driving… absolute bell ends

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

if you run with the dafties from the boat,its always best to let the one with the dvd sit in the middle lane,then the other 2 can look in from each side…that’s a considerate driver for you… :slight_smile:

This is all ■■■■■■■ hearsay if you ask me, was caught watching, they mean they have evidence the person wan’t paying attention to the road and rather to the tablet?

Have few have said how is this different to listening to the radio, I zone out all the time listening to the radio on auto pilot, for the sat nav to say lave motorway next junction. Wait what, I only just join the m6 heading for Carlsle…

What it was just a recorded podcast show, if the tablet was pointed to the passenger side, or forward facing. I personally think unless he was in out of lines, this is just a scare tactic for them to get some free publicity. They will have a hard time proving this in court is my thinking.

Lets give the Benito of the doubt here, he put on a youtube video for the duration of the drive. Something he’s intested in rather then the ■■■■ on the radio. Plod drives by in fancy unmarked LGV see’s video playing but driver knows the video isn’t important and is just listing to it, (could have been an audio book with a background for all we know) the way these devices work is if a flash video is running your screen won’t shut off same with your computers at home. Whats he ment to do throw a towel over it…

Nice to see the article is less then 30 words long.

Punchy Dan:

Here you go.

Although I thought it was quite obvious that the liveried Scanias were just for publicity shots.

I am sure I saw the Daf in truckstop news or similar mag liveried up .