Lorries with 13-speed Fuller Roadranger 'boxes

When Nick has finished I will post what he has done in detail , might be helpful to others who want to do the same no point until then cos it might not work he hasn’t finished yet

Whist we are on the gearbox changing subject anyone know if a twin splitter stick top will go where a 16 speed one has been or do I need all the ts stick ?

Dan Punchard:
Whist we are on the gearbox changing subject anyone know if a twin splitter stick top will go where a 16 speed one has been or do I need all the ts stick ?

I do know that Gary Corbishley used a Twin-splitter top for the 13-sp Fuller in his ERF NGC. In answer to your PM, here are two Alpha interior pics showing the Twins-splitter gear lever. Robert

Foden 4K RHD interior.jpg

robert1952:

richmond:
Nick bulls progress! Not mine its around his place and he is doing the job, he just sends me some pics here and there

I’ve got several pics (from the internet) of Nick Bull’s series 2 Scanias, one (some) of which he had converted to 13-speed Fuller. Any idea which ones exactly were converted? Here’s a selection of pics to work on! Robert :smiley:

Just spoke to Nick, all of his trucks had 13 speed fullers in

richmond:

robert1952:

richmond:
Nick bulls progress! Not mine its around his place and he is doing the job, he just sends me some pics here and there

I’ve got several pics (from the internet) of Nick Bull’s series 2 Scanias, one (some) of which he had converted to 13-speed Fuller. Any idea which ones exactly were converted? Here’s a selection of pics to work on! Robert :smiley:

Just spoke to Nick, all of his trucks had 13 speed fullers in

That’s amazing! Good info, top man! Robert :smiley:

It’s in and it works just an oil and air leak to sort and it’d done gear knob off a twin split too

richmond:
It’s in and it works just an oil and air leak to sort and it’d done gear knob off a twin split too

Waiting for details. Thin or thick shaft Fuller, what clutch plate and assembly, push- or pull-type, where did he found place for clutch cylinder ?

Here ya go

Asked about bell housing

Yes, interesting. Does he still remember how much different it was to do to those older 2-series he had ?

I didn’t quite understand the bellhousing option from DAF/ZF, can ZF bellhousing be mated with Fuller-box ?

Show us some pics of the final conversion.

Edit: how was the clutch brake solved ?

He said…

This where my friend has got so far with his 142 Fuller conversion. ■■■■■■■ N14/Eaton bellhousing was a direct fit to Scania engine, they are standardised after all, SAE 2 or something like that.

Found this: trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing … =795584319

Good lord. We got drivers who scream like children on the waltzers if we run out of alcohol wipes to clean the dashboard and steering wheel.

God knows what they’d do if they were handed the keys to that :astonished:

Nock said thats a very old box, and mine doesnt have a clutch brake fitted, should be back at the end of the month, unless he does a trip out in it…

richmond:
Nock said thats a very old box, and mine doesnt have a clutch brake fitted, should be back at the end of the month, unless he does a trip out in it…

Found a pic of MAN/Fuller bellhousing, it seems to have clutch linkage in different position than ■■■■■■■ bellhousing, might fit better to narrow Scania frame.

Clutch brake not needed, but it’s possible to fit it to PTO opening like some Ivecos had, I think it’s called transmission brake then.

The box came with a pto on it so we fitted it just out of laziness so a pto will still fit on, however it leaked so we had to take it off again !

Hey, on the Daf’s Fullers we had Always the clutch cylinder on the bottom of the bellhousing.
Here it looks a bit narrow but as it goes its ok.
Will the driveaxle cope with the Fuller or will be the next step a Rockwell, to give a Scania V8 engine its due. :slight_smile:

Super work done, something Scania never could or would :slight_smile: :wink:

Eric,

tiptop495:
Hey, on the Daf’s Fullers we had Always the clutch cylinder on the bottom of the bellhousing.
Here it looks a bit narrow but as it goes its ok.
Will the driveaxle cope with the Fuller or will be the next step a Rockwell, to give a Scania V8 engine its due. :slight_smile:

Super work done, something Scania never could or would :slight_smile: :wink:

Eric,

I think MAN bellhousing has also ?

Needs a lot of torque to break 3-series driveaxle, or a lot of abuse. 1200hp/4500 Nm ■■■■■■■ race engine can’t do it, Fuller input shaft breaks first.

Scania did do Fullers in the 70s and 80s.

Lots of heavy haulage boys did this conversion and also Aussie road trains had them I think. You would have thought scania would have a how to do manual on it but they knew nothing