Looks Like They're Having a Purge on Load Security PART 2

This is really taking the urine, for those of you that can be bothered click this twitter link and see the comments, not one is on the side of Humber Roads Police who pulled this driver who reported the driver

twitter.com/HumberbeatRoads/sta … 4850360321

Until hauliers refuse to take loads that can’t be strapped or all get together to tell the police/DVSA they are wrong…everything needs strapping.

Why not just take a little less that way you can throw a strap over.

Ye it’s silly but if it’s the rules it’s the rules. Like the twitter account said ‘driver’ reported. Not the company.
Maybe then the companies might do something but atm it’s the drivers taking the risk.

Ye you would have to take less of a load and you would have to put something on top to prevent it breaking but it’s doable.

You have to hope that the company and driver will not take the fixed penalty, and will opt to take this to proof at court.
Far too many people opt for what they see as the easy way out, don’t rock the boat, approach.
It will be obvious to any reasonable person (which is a reliable test in law) that there was nothing at all insecure about this load, and with careful preparation
and qualified witnesses it will be easily defended. I have been unsuccessfully prosecuted for a similar but probably more viable offence on more than one occasion and have been found not guilty at court. Usually because of conflicting evidence from witnesses for the prosecution, and woefully poor preparation of their case.
My attitude is that I have to work hard for my money, and if they want some of it, they’re going to have to work for it too, so don’t let the [zb]s grind you down. Stand up and be counted, succeed and establish precedent(s) in law. Something that these people fear most.
Go on, if I can do it, so can you.

Another example of theory bs taking precedence over reality. :smiling_imp:
I mean…where tf is that load going to go?
Even without the use of side rails, you can sure as hell bet those curtains will withstand a load of insulation.

All this crap needs sorted, it’s just yet another excuse to extort cash out of your hard earned, and absolutely Jack ■■■■ to do with load security in real terms.

I notice a lot of the comments on twitter are saying its a positive fit and OK. Vosa guidance requires euroliners to have a full set of boards fitted for positive fit dispensation for strapping which this hasn’t got. Driver shouldn’t have taken it. Until this is sorted it will always be the driver that gets the ticket, this is why I am sticking to reefers and containers for a while.

adam277:

Ye it’s silly but if it’s the rules it’s the rules.

Ye you would have to take less of a load and you would have to put something on top to prevent it breaking but it’s doable.

Tbf mate there are ways and means of strapping a high load like that,.
Hook on the chassis, strap thrown diagonally up to opposite side to roof and thrown completely over the roof.
The packs will then push the strap over themselves whilst they are being loaded, then you get a pole (not the Polish type :smiley: ) and pull end of strap down and ratchet it up…job sorted. :sunglasses:

We used to bring packs of plastic pipes over in cases with half an inch clearance to Euroliner roof, using that method to secure them.

However…that aint the point, fact is that load does not NEED strapping in realworld. :bulb:

Insulation board rammed in.

Difficult to argue. But until hauliers band together to stop this kind of nonsense it will continue.

adam277:

Ye it’s silly but if it’s the rules it’s the rules. Like the twitter account said ‘driver’ reported. Not the company.
Maybe then the companies might do something but atm it’s the drivers taking the risk.

Allow me to point you to exhibit A the dunnage is polystyrene. FFS

Personally, I’m waiting for them to have a chipliner in and force the driver to open the curtain.

This is mostly a case of silly woman, from HSE with no real world load securing experience, giving a course to a load of cops, who’ve for some reason got time on their hands, and no real world load securing experience, equals they all make right ■■■■ of themselves and also turn the credibility of the enforcement authorities into a joke.

Own Account Driver:

adam277:

Personally, I’m waiting for them to have a chipliner in and force the driver to open the curtain.

This is mostly a case of silly woman, from HSE with no real world load securing experience, giving a course to a load of cops, who’ve for some reason got time on their hands, and no real world load securing experience, equals they all make right ■■■■ of themselves and also turn the credibility of the enforcement authorities into a joke.

Exactly that.

Own Account Driver:

adam277:

Hadn’t thought of them opening a chip liner that would be ace :smiley:

What if your trailer is sealed, I’m assuming they are allowed to open it?
And if it’s sealed when we pick it up, are we supposed to break it to look inside?

idrive:
What if your trailer is sealed, I’m assuming they are allowed to open it?
And if it’s sealed when we pick it up, are we supposed to break it to look inside?

I solve that issue by ripping them off as soon as I’m out the gates anyway.

Own Account Driver:

adam277:

It could be a trailer full of candy floss; if the law says it has to be secured/strapped then that is what has to be done.
Don’t get me wrong it is stupid. But read police wrote.
“Insulation board rammed in. Unfortunately there was no room to get the strapping over the load so they didnt bother! Driver reported.”

It’s this type of stuff that is making me want to leave driving. Where is the RHAs voice in all this btw?

adam277:

Own Account Driver:

adam277:

It could be a trailer full of candy floss; if the law says it has to be secured/strapped then that is what has to be done.
Don’t get me wrong it is stupid. But read police wrote.
“Insulation board rammed in. Unfortunately there was no room to get the strapping over the load so they didnt bother! Driver reported.”

It’s this type of stuff that is making me want to leave driving. Where is the RHAs voice in all this btw?

RHA and FTA are chuffing useless, all there worry about is earning money,and spouting about driver shortages, doing anything worthwhile, er no.

robroy:

adam277:

Ye it’s silly but if it’s the rules it’s the rules.

Tbf mate there are ways and means of strapping a high load like that,.
Hook on the chassis, strap thrown diagonally up to opposite side to roof and thrown completely over the roof.
The packs will then push the strap over themselves whilst they are being loaded, then you get a pole (not the Polish type :smiley: ) and pull end of strap down and ratchet it up…job sorted. :sunglasses:

We used to bring packs of plastic pipes over in cases with half an inch clearance to Euroliner roof, using that method to secure them.

However…that aint the point, fact is that load does not NEED strapping in realworld. :bulb:

This is a good approach robroy. Unfortunately I tried asking about doing this somewhere (load not quite to the roof but was a ballache trying to throw straps through the gap) but I was told that I couldn’t be out the cab during loading so some sites might not like this method.

The fact is those who enforce the law don’t live in the real world. :wink:
We are talking about people who think wearing a high vis over a high vis means your twice as safe. :laughing:

LETS NOT FORGET THIS IS HOW THEY WANT US TO LIFT A BOX.

Note* If you do not have a pointy shoe prick on hand please wait for one to be available before attempting to lift any box.

EDIT:

I REALLY HOPE WE DONT HAVE ANOTHER WAR. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: THE HSE would have a field day.
dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … ondon.html

Own Account Driver:

adam277:

This very nearly happened to me, got pulled with a full load of chip on, after I’d been weighed I saw the stupid little creep go behind the trailer. Jumped out the cab and queried what the ■■■■ he thought he was doing.

“I’m opening this to check the load, driver.”

It took a fair amount of yelling from me and him literally being held back by a colleague to stop him opening the back doors. The cretin couldn’t grasp why this would be a bad idea.

Luckily, his colleague wasn’t a mouth breathing halfwit and sent me on my merry way, even apologising for Baldy’s utter stupidity.

TheUncaringCowboy:

Own Account Driver:

adam277:

This very nearly happened to me, got pulled with a full load of chip on, after I’d been weighed I saw the stupid little creep go behind the trailer. Jumped out the cab and queried what the [zb] he thought he was doing.

“I’m opening this to check the load, driver.”

It took a fair amount of yelling from me and him literally being held back by a colleague to stop him opening the back doors. The cretin couldn’t grasp why this would be a bad idea.

Luckily, his colleague wasn’t a mouth breathing halfwit and sent me on my merry way, even apologising for Baldy’s utter stupidity.

You should of let him!

I used go kingspan hull. They wouldt let you leave untill load was strapped.
Then had metal ledging staging. Drive your wagon alongside. Then you can access top of load throw straps over and had to use there own bendable things under straps. 1 st time I went I started use my own black corner top things . Was told can’t use theres. And then they take a picture then given ok to leave.
It how places should be.
Provide proper access to strap load etc