Looks like the Americans can show us up

Apologise if this has been posted before but I feel these drivers skills are far greater than some of the poor efforts we see in this country everyday.

The tipper driver with the A frame trailer is brilliant as are the others.

youtube.com/watch?v=IRCjeuCt9b4

Nice to see the British truck in the video :sunglasses:

The tipper A frame is Swedish,quite a lot of the guys up here are good like that,their all paid by ton

I’d image given the practice I could get that take of the tipper!
How many takes I’d need though, who knows…

I got accepted to go drive for Schneider OTR over there years ago. Theoretically you can set off in Boston, then through the year drive through nightmare NE traffic, Illinois snowstorms, heartland hurricanes then end up driving over the rockies in 40 degree heat. They’ve got roads in Utah which are so boring they kill.

Also, their trailers can go up to 53’, have much higher speed limits than us in some Western states, and are a lot lighter. I was advised that “we limit our trucks to 65mph, so you can get overtaken by OO’s quite a lot”.

Then you drive up into Canada/Alaska and have those Ice Road lunatics.

My rabbit would show us up

good reversing.

youtube.com/watch?v=k1K81IkDlvY

1.30 -

That isn’t exactly easy especially at night in a dark yard. :smiling_imp: :wink:

Carryfast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1K81IkDlvY

1.30 -

That isn’t exactly easy especially at night in a dark yard. :smiling_imp: :wink:

Quite right it takes a lot of practice and not everone grasps it. An artic in comparison is simple but watching the fuss some drivers make it makes you wonder why they have a licence.

The amount of slagging foreign drivers get on here yet it seems their skills are far more advanced than some of our guys.

Uncle Albie:

Carryfast:

1.30 -

Quite right it takes a lot of practice and not everone grasps it. An artic in comparison is simple but watching the fuss some drivers make it makes you wonder why they have a licence.

The amount of slagging foreign drivers get on here yet it seems their skills are far more advanced than some of our guys.

I was actually referring to ‘Brit’ drivers but had to use a German example.In which he would have lost marks among us because he needed at least one shunt. :wink: :laughing:

I watched some Hermes drivers picking up containers on skellies in Germany. They backed right through the first one to put it on the lorry, then picked up a second on the trailer. It was pretty to watch!

Uncle Albie:

Has it not occurred to you that EVERY country has it’s fair share of drivers and screwdrivers?

Carryfast:

Uncle Albie:

Carryfast:

1.30 -

I was actually referring to ‘Brit’ drivers but had to use a German example.In which he would have lost marks among us because he needed at least one shunt. :wink: :laughing:

That’s a bit ironic pal. I see our guys taking multi shunts on a simple reverse on an artic most days.

Evil8Beezle:

Uncle Albie:

Has it not occurred to you that EVERY country has it’s fair share of drivers and screwdrivers?

Oh yes pal.Well aware about that.Just irritates me we seem to have more than our fair share of the latter.

I’ve seen lads from the Continent make a hash of putting it on a bay on their good side with loads of room. As mentioned above, every country has both drivers and screwdrivers.

I have had thumbs up from pedestrians and car drivers alike a few times over the years for doing good turns [and they were thumbs up,lol ]does make you feel good,only problem was I had difficulty getting out of the cab afterwards as I couldn’t get my head out,lol

Uncle Albie:
Apologise if this has been posted before but I feel these drivers skills are far greater than some of the poor efforts we see in this country everyday.

I think you’ll find that skill like that is also found in this country and likewise, there will also be videos online of ■■■■ poor driving from the same countries in the video. To find a video made specifically to highlight exceptional driving (which could be total one off flukes for all we know) then proclaiming other countries are better than our own based on it is a bit like claiming Labour are the most popular party based on a poll taken at a Labour conference
Nice attempt at stoking up a heated thread but the judges are giving it a 3.0, 2.8, 3.1 and an overall 4/10 im afraid.

The-Snowman:

Uncle Albie:

I think you’ll find that skill like that is also found in this country and likewise, there will also be videos online of ■■■■ poor driving from the same countries in the video. To find a video made specifically to highlight exceptional driving (which could be total one off flukes for all we know) then proclaiming other countries are better than our own based on it is a bit like claiming Labour are the most popular party based on a poll taken at a Labour conference
Nice attempt at stoking up a heated thread but the judges are giving it a 3.0, 2.8, 3.1 and an overall 4/10 im afraid.

:laughing: I like his quote about ’ taking multiple shunts ’ Frozen chap! So in essence if a driver simply makes sure that they don’t hit anything, and delivers the load undamaged and on time, they are no good? :unamused:

It’s a shame his user name is Albie and not Alble. Then he could be an anagram of what he is (minus the end).

I think you’ll find the vast majority of American drivers who hold a CDL can’t “drive ducks up a sheugh”.
(pronounced “shuck”!!!)
In a truckstop they drive round and round until they can find a space to drive into and NEVER reverse especially
blind-side!!! :wink:

Did somebody say ‘Swift Trucking’? :laughing: