Looking whats jobs are about - sheesh!

Does anyone really do this?

HGV Class 1 Driver - NIGHT TRUNKING £110 Per Night
George H Kime & Co Limited - Lincoln
£110 a day

NIGHT TRUNKING DRIVERS REQUIRED AT LINCOLN & WRANGLE DEPOTS

What’s the role?
Working as a full time lorry driver, you will be responsible for the safe delivery of goods various Pallet Network Hubs overnight. This role is Night Trunking working with Double Deck Trailers
You must be able to start at 1900 Monday - Friday
Your finish time will be approx 0700 everyday
Some duties may involve:
Ensuring goods are safely secured
Keeping your vehicle in good condition
Completing delivery paperwork

P Stoff:

£110 a day

What’s the role?
Working as a full time lorry driver, you will be responsible for the safe delivery of goods various Pallet Network Hubs overnight. This role is Night Trunking working with Double Deck Trailers
Some duties may involve:

£9.16ph on nights :laughing:

and we all know what “approx” means

Some people are happy being paid £9.16 per hour to sleep.

AMAZON
Title
Warehouse Operative from £8.80 to £10.56
Salary/Rate
£8.80 - £10.56/hour
Posted
23/11/2017 (10:27)

madness

P Stoff:
AMAZON
Title
Salary/Rate
£8.80 - £10.56/hour
Posted

madness

thesun.co.uk/news/5004230/a … onditions/

Captain Caveman 76:

P Stoff:
AMAZON
Title
Salary/Rate
£8.80 - £10.56/hour
Posted

madness

thesun.co.uk/news/5004230/a … onditions/

amazon seems like a holiday compared to my place, 2 half hour breaks? HA! I get two 10 min breaks and one 15 over a 9 hour nightshift.

Quite possible they will get the quality of driver they deserve.

P Stoff:

£110 a day

What’s the role?

Drive down to Birmingham, get tipped, park up, go to sleep for 6hrs, reload, drive back to yard, go home.

Half your shift will be spent inspecting the back of your eyelids.

It does sound a crap wage, but the government have given two benchmarks to set wages by National Minimum Wage is the hourly rate , National Living Wage the minimum weekly amount a person needs to live on.
The above job is £110 per shift with no set hours
5 shifts @ £110 = £550 which is above the NLW but to ensure it falls above the benchmark of the NMW, £550 will be divided by the overall worked hours, but they do not take into consideration the accumulated POA or breaks, only actual hours driving or other work.
So 5 shifts @ 13 hours is 65 minus POA and breaks say 3 hours per shift giving a total of 50 hours worked per week divide this by the weekly wage of £550 gives you an hourly rate of £11.
It’s not a case of paying peanuts you get monkeys, it’s a case of it’s totally legal and drivers are accepting it as the norm.
It also encourages an increased amount of EE drivers, even if you broke the above wage down as a paid duty at 65 hours it’s approx £8.45ph, still above the NMW and far more than these drivers would be getting back home.

P Stoff:

£110 a day

What’s the role?
Some duties may involve:

Yes I do , apparently a lad I worked with , I hadn’t seen him for a while so asked one of the other drivers , his sons is apparently in the t/o at kimesand said to his dad ---- had turned up to do a shift , apparently he left our place and had a little number transporting cars , not sure if he’s still doing it or not , but he definitely did a shift or two for kimes
Nb he lived in Lincoln and had 2 young kids so he may of been doing work to fit round Mrs job ( think she had a good job ) and if it’s 5/10 mins from where you live , good lad and no mug so there’d be a reason he was doing it

Captain Caveman 76:

Thing is though mate, you have to drive a truck somewhere in that shift.

And nobody should be driving trucks for £9.16 per hour.

eagerbeaver:

Captain Caveman 76:

A lad at our place chucked in his £13 per hour job with us for a job like that on sub £9 per hour. His argument was, he drives for 5 hours, sleeps for seven, and gets to spend all day with his family. Not my idea of good thinking, but he’s still there a year later.

Captain Caveman 76:

eagerbeaver:

Captain Caveman 76:

A lad at our place chucked in his £13 per hour job with us for a job like that on sub £9 per hour. His argument was, he drives for 5 hours, sleeps for seven, and gets to spend all day with his family. Not my idea of good thinking, but he’s still there a year later.

A lot boils down to cash at the end of the day, but having a job you enjoy or a better quality of life I’d say is more important, getting up everyday to a job you hate isn’t exactly fun nor is it healthy, in not in the slightest we all take a pay cut for better more enjoyable jobs, but if an individual is happy then it’s his prerogative.

Conor:

P Stoff:

£110 a day

What’s the role?

Drive down to Birmingham, get tipped, park up, go to sleep for 6hrs, reload, drive back to yard, go home.

All well and good but youre still effectively working for that company for that period of time, the end result will still equate to a crap wage at the end of the week. I personally dont see it as a bonus that you may be sitting in the cab for six hours, what a waste of life…

AndrewG:

Conor:

P Stoff:

£110 a day

What’s the role?

All well and good but youre still effectively working for that company for that period of time, the end result will still equate to a crap wage at the end of the week. I personally dont see it as a bonus that you may be sitting in the cab for six hours, what a waste of life…

Totally agree

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

AndrewG:

Conor:

P Stoff:

£110 a day

What’s the role?

Well wouldn’t suit me,
But not everybody wants to be or can be away for long periods of time,
And if you can go to sleep for 6 hours while at work and have the sort of body clock than can cope with it, then might work for a family. Say get home get kids to school, while missus goes to work, do a bit round the house, go out for a while, have afternoon nap, collect children from school, get tea ready, bit of family time, go to work.

That way you could have 2 wages coming in and spend more time with your children than many in normal jobs, let alone than what your average truck driver does.

and if it’s £550 a week that’s more than many people earn in many jobs, especially in places like the wilds of Lincolnshire and it means and you have weekends for your family.

Like I say wouldn’t be for me, but then we all have different priorities on life.

When I worked for a Palletforce company, we had two drivers working those shifts. On was happy because it meant that he didn’t have to pay childminders and his wife had a really good job. The other was an older guy who also had a smallholding. He wanted to be home for his horses and to play with his antique tractors.

We all have different priorities and for many people, money is not at the top of the list.

It does not matter if you spend 1 hour or 6 hours asleep
.This is part of your life you will never get back , and you should value This life more than what some of these ■■■■■■■ firms are trying to pay people.

Beetlejuice:
It does not matter if you spend 1 hour or 6 hours asleep
.This is part of your life you will never get back , and you should value This life more than what some of these ■■■■■■■ firms are trying to pay people.

Exactly, those 6 hours are part of what it takes to do the job, you are paid by the hour to do that job, the fact that all there is to do is sleep is irrelavent, those hours no matter how easy for the driver should be priced in at a realistic rate when the haulier tendered for the job.
If easier jobs were paid less than hard graft, labourers would be on more money than company directors.