Looking for work

Hi i am a class 1 driver with over 20yrs experience and i am looking for class 1 work in the Lincoln,Newark area.
If anyone knows of anything that is available in these areas i would really appreciate a heads up.
Thanks

DHL Knowhow are desperate apparently…

I am currently filling in the forms online for the agency that they recruite from,thanks for the reply though

mark2:
Hi i am a class 1 driver with over 20yrs experience and i am looking for class 1 work in the Lincoln,Newark area. If anyone knows of anything that is available in these areas i would really appreciate a heads up. Thanks

please wait till 10- 09- 2014 :laughing: and name YOUR PRICE! :sunglasses: joking aside I hope you find something shortly! :grimacing:

Newark, rose, red wagons!!! :wink: stobrat fridges? Know how? :grimacing:

mark2:
I am currently filling in the forms online for the agency that they recruite from,thanks for the reply though

Good luck drive:)

could try treasures transport

You can have my job Mark, i resigned today (along with 15 others!)

the maoster:

You’ll have to tell us why Moaster you don’t sound like a chap who would walk out over a chipped nail.
Jim

British sugar are looking through PDRS agency.

suttonsgroup.com/uk/careers/ … and-batley

mark2:

The words “recruit” and “agency” should never be used in the same sentence, a driver with 20 years under his belt looking to secure full time work should avoid agencies like the bubonic plague.

JFC999:

the maoster:

You’ll have to tell us why Moaster you don’t sound like a chap who would walk out over a chipped nail.
Jim

Usual story Jim, money and not been taken for a fool.

Basically we’ve been pushing for a pay rise and what we’ve been given is taking the ■■■■. Our Nuneaton drivers (who were admittedly on a lower rate then us) have been given a £3 an hour rise which I fully agree with. However our depot have given us an extra £2 per hour on our basic, CUT our overtime rate by £1 and changed it from 8 hours until o/t to 12 hours until o/t kicks in! So after working it out we are on an average week approx £2 better off. The bit that really annoys me though is that they must think we have buttons up the back of our heads as the only reason they’ve done this is because they’re struggling to get drivers, so an advert in the local rag offering £11 p/h looks more attractive then our current rate.

What really annoys me is that we drivers work our asses off putting right all the mistakes that come from our cold store operatives who get £13 p/h and o/t after 8 hours! If they make a ■■■■ up the wrong pallet gets loaded, if we ■■■■ up somebody dies!

I’ve actually hedged my bets a bit tbh. I’ve told them I’m off at the end of September (I do have another job lined up) but I’m giving them a chance to have a re think as I genuinely do enjoy the job and the people I work with.

We’ll see.

All the best Moaster,hope you get what you want, keep us posted.
Jim

Cheers Jim, appreciate that, and will do.

JFC999:
All the best Moaster,hope you get what you want, keep us posted.

+1

Fatboy slimslow:

mark2:
Hi i am a class 1 driver with over 20yrs experience and i am looking for class 1 work in the Lincoln,Newark area. If anyone knows of anything that is available in these areas i would really appreciate a heads up. Thanks

please wait till 10- 09- 2014 :laughing: and name YOUR PRICE! :sunglasses: joking aside I hope you find something shortly! :grimacing:

Newark, rose, red wagons!!! :wink: stobrat fridges? Know how? :grimacing:

Jeez f.b keep up with the times,stobarts announced they were pulling out of chilled( fridges ) a few years ago .
It was on here ,from what I read on here they shut all the depots and finished the drivers ,let all,the work go too other chilled firms

I’m more or less in the same position as you Moaster, on the point of jumping ship, if they don’t sort out our money in the next few weeks & the way the warehouse is run, I’ll either leave & risk being peed off somewhere else or I will be so laid back, I’ll be horizontal & all their early starts & delivery times will be out of the window.
(Better the Devil you know & all that)
Good luck with your protest, hope it works out for you.

Thanks for your kind thoughts guys. It’s gone past a money thing by now tbh, and I’m not naive enough to think that I will ever be more than a small cog in a very large and impersonal machine, however I (like lots of us) go way above and beyond in order to help the Co out on occasions and whilst I don’t expect a pat on the head like a good little boy I also don’t expect a cynical manipulation of my wage structure in order to attract others to the job.

As I said earlier I genuinely hope we can sort something that will avoid me jumping ship but I fear that the suits who only see lorry drivers as a necessary evil have made their minds up.

Anyway, back to the op :smiley: . There are plenty of jobs in your area mate. Just get out and knock on doors.

fuzzimuzzi:
British sugar are looking through PDRS agency.

I am on the induction course Tuesday and Wednesday through PDRS,i just hope they can give me constant work

dozy:
Jeez f.b keep up with the times,stobarts announced they were pulling out of chilled( fridges ) a few years ago .
It was on here ,from what I read on here they shut all the depots and finished the drivers ,let all,the work go too other chilled firms

Not all of them are gone/shut, there’s now something they call ‘fresh network’ & you still see the fridges knocking about, not as many as before though.