Looking for work

Brakes trunking?

I have been truncking for the last 15yrs and prefer that rather than anything else,its been a long time since i did any ropeing and sheeting and to be honest i have a young family now so dont want to be having nights out if i can help it has i did that for a few years and didnt really enjoy it.

the maoster:

JFC999:

the maoster:
You can have my job Mark, i resigned today (along with 15 others!)

You’ll have to tell us why Moaster you don’t sound like a chap who would walk out over a chipped nail.
Jim

Usual story Jim, money and not been taken for a fool.

Basically we’ve been pushing for a pay rise and what we’ve been given is taking the ■■■■. Our Nuneaton drivers (who were admittedly on a lower rate then us) have been given a £3 an hour rise which I fully agree with. However our depot have given us an extra £2 per hour on our basic, CUT our overtime rate by £1 and changed it from 8 hours until o/t to 12 hours until o/t kicks in! So after working it out we are on an average week approx £2 better off. The bit that really annoys me though is that they must think we have buttons up the back of our heads as the only reason they’ve done this is because they’re struggling to get drivers, so an advert in the local rag offering £11 p/h looks more attractive then our current rate.

What really annoys me is that we drivers work our asses off putting right all the mistakes that come from our cold store operatives who get £13 p/h and o/t after 8 hours! If they make a ■■■■ up the wrong pallet gets loaded, if we ■■■■ up somebody dies!

I’ve actually hedged my bets a bit tbh. I’ve told them I’m off at the end of September (I do have another job lined up) but I’m giving them a chance to have a re think as I genuinely do enjoy the job and the people I work with.

We’ll see.

Good on you for standing up to them. Quite right, when they shuffle all the pay around like that, always work it out. The ■■■■■■■ are usually (always) trying to pull a fast one.

More drivers need to do this. All that is asked is a decent/fair rate for doing the job well. One day these companies will understand that you get what you pay for.

Maybe.

Pimpdaddy:

dozy:
Jeez f.b keep up with the times,stobarts announced they were pulling out of chilled( fridges ) a few years ago .
It was on here ,from what I read on here they shut all the depots and finished the drivers ,let all,the work go too other chilled firms

Not all of them are gone/shut, there’s now something they call ‘fresh network’ & you still see the fridges knocking about, not as many as before though.

think they are only servicing existing contracts with the fridges

Truckulent:

the maoster:

JFC999:

the maoster:
You can have my job Mark, i resigned today (along with 15 others!)

You’ll have to tell us why Moaster you don’t sound like a chap who would walk out over a chipped nail.
Jim

Usual story Jim, money and not been taken for a fool.

Basically we’ve been pushing for a pay rise and what we’ve been given is taking the ■■■■. Our Nuneaton drivers (who were admittedly on a lower rate then us) have been given a £3 an hour rise which I fully agree with. However our depot have given us an extra £2 per hour on our basic, CUT our overtime rate by £1 and changed it from 8 hours until o/t to 12 hours until o/t kicks in! So after working it out we are on an average week approx £2 better off. The bit that really annoys me though is that they must think we have buttons up the back of our heads as the only reason they’ve done this is because they’re struggling to get drivers, so an advert in the local rag offering £11 p/h looks more attractive then our current rate.

What really annoys me is that we drivers work our asses off putting right all the mistakes that come from our cold store operatives who get £13 p/h and o/t after 8 hours! If they make a ■■■■ up the wrong pallet gets loaded, if we ■■■■ up somebody dies!

I’ve actually hedged my bets a bit tbh. I’ve told them I’m off at the end of September (I do have another job lined up) but I’m giving them a chance to have a re think as I genuinely do enjoy the job and the people I work with.

We’ll see.

Good on you for standing up to them. Quite right, when they shuffle all the pay around like that, always work it out. The [zb] are usually (always) trying to pull a fast one.

More drivers need to do this. All that is asked is a decent/fair rate for doing the job well. One day these companies will understand that you get what you pay for.

Maybe.

Well it worked, as of midnight last night we got a significant pay rise! I don’t for one minute claim responsibility for this btw, it wasn’t so much me as US! The simple fact is that over twenty of us informed them that we were off. We all received a text the next day informing us of the new pay rates. It’ll work out a shade over £25 per day extra. Happy days.

We’ll done Moaster, the strategy worked obviously, I’d try it myself but I dared’nt!
They probably just wish me we’ll in my new position, Goodbye !
Jim

the maoster:
Well it worked, as of midnight last night we got a significant pay rise! I don’t for one minute claim responsibility for this btw, it wasn’t so much me as US! The simple fact is that over twenty of us informed them that we were off. We all received a text the next day informing us of the new pay rates. It’ll work out a shade over £25 per day extra. Happy days.

Result:)

£25 a day is a fairly hefty percentage on what you were getting I bet, well done and keep on trucking :slight_smile:

united we stand, divided we fall. Classic! Well done to you all.

Well done!! It seems the times, they MAY be a-changing■■? Bring it on!!!