Looking for help!

Hi to all. I’m hoping this site can be the answer to my prayers……?! I have, unfortunately, been out of driving for a few years now — 3 years in April to be precise — due to most regrettably losing my licence and job after getting caught over the limit and getting a DR10 as a result!! :cry: I am not looking for pity as I know it was a dumb mistake and oh so costly in more ways than I could have ever imagined. :blush: :cry:
Since then, for the past two and half years, I have been working in a warehouse — but it is not for me for the long run as I feel trapped working indoors, and I am desperate to get back into driving. I have been driving (class 1) over 20 years and have a wealth of experience that I hope someone out there could utilise. What I would like to know is if anybody knows companies/employers who may be willing to take me on as a driver with an endorsement on my licence — given that it won’t become spent for another two years yet (even though I have served my ban of 18 months and am now able to drive) and I know the ■■■■ thing stays on the licence for eleven years now!!! :angry: :cry: The big issue seems to be insurance having regularly checked directgov for jobs inc. agencies!!
What I would most like to do is return to tramping and I am willing to do all hours and anything — (all legit of course) — and I am even prepared to work for less than the going rate!!! As well as having my hgv for over 20 years I have an ADR in all classes still valid and a counterbalance truck licence as well and as I have said tons of experience in all manner of haulage.
I am based in Macclesfield but would look to relocate if necessary — however, as I am looking for a tramping job mainly — to be out on the road 5/6 days a week — I am willing to travel anywhere. :wink: :astonished:
Sorry to have gone on a bit (drivers are well known to be good talkers after all!) but I had to put enough down so as to put my situation across in the hope I can get the max response. So, once again, if anybody out there could let me know of companies/employers I could approach then that would be fantastic. Cheers. :sunglasses:

Alrite mate
I’d just try anywhere that takes your fancy, I’ve got a Dr10 I’m 25 and have had a few no’s but mainly at bigger firms maritime being one, I’ve started a job today tramping good money family run etc
Good luck to you

Do you have an old licence without the DR10 to use?
The best thing to do is lie, Find a firm that’s gone bust, That’ll do as your employer for the past few years.
Did the TC extend your HGV ban? You said you were banned for 18 months, But havn’t driven hgv’s for 3 years?

adam1987:
Alrite mate
I’d just try anywhere that takes your fancy, I’ve got a Dr10 I’m 25 and have had a few no’s but mainly at bigger firms maritime being one, I’ve started a job today tramping good money family run etc
Good luck to you

Thanks for that mate - good words of encouragement :wink: :smiley: If there’s more like Adam out there that can state similar or know of others and maybe drop a few a few names to try then I’d appreciate it. Happy trucking :unamused: :laughing:

You should find more insurance companies will consider you when you’ve had it on your licence for 5 years so keep it clean in the meantime. Some will consider taking you on if you offer to pay the extra premium involved.

all yu can do is knock doors

Thanks also to Hitch and DrivingMissDaisy. Hhmm - offer to pay excess premium - yep prob willing to do that as long as job was solid. :question: :exclamation: :neutral_face: Cheers.

Try working for a Foreign haulier (German,Dutch,Belgian) that travels daily to the UK…

Ta for that thought Geoffo. Was thinking about approaching Irish hauliers but now will look up foreign ones also. :bulb: :question: Not done continental work though so hope you were inferring the ones that have bases over here?!? :unamused: :blush: :laughing: Know any - Norbert obviously springs to mind but wouldn’t they be choosey? :question: :exclamation:

Response to LimeyPhil - No not got old licence. TC just put extra 6wks on top of 18months - but not driven since as was scared off idea by talking to other people - who by all these pos vibes I’m getting obviously were in the wrong!! :angry:

CDT1968:
Response to LimeyPhil - No not got old licence. TC just put extra 6wks on top of 18months - but not driven since as was scared off idea by talking to other people - who by all these pos vibes I’m getting obviously were in the wrong!! :angry:

nobby dangle at Leigh, :open_mouth: STOBRATS Trafford park, :unamused: servisair Manchester airport! :laughing: why is it them coppers have no sense of humour? :sunglasses: you need a few pints to steer straight! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:

nobby dangle at Leigh, :open_mouth: STOBRATS Trafford park, :unamused: servisair Manchester airport! :laughing: why is it them coppers have no sense of humour? :sunglasses: you need a few pints to steer straight! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
[/quote]
Would have thought Norberts and especially Stobarts would be the ones most difficult to get in with blemished licence :question: :question: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :confused: :blush: :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Small firms only, offer to pay the excess and face to face, your best bet. No large firm will touch you.

CDT1968:

Fatboy slimslow:

Would have thought Norberts and especially Stobarts would be the ones most difficult to get in with blemished licence :question: :question: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :confused: :blush: :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

If you don’t ASK, :open_mouth: you don’t GET! :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Ta for advice/info - all of you who posted something back. Defo taken on board and now have the faith the go out there and hopefully succeed - may take a while but nothing ventured nothing gained. Keep safe and legal and happy trucking. :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

WHAT■■? please tell me that was a joke?“have u got an old license you can use”? haven"t you noticed there is a no. on your card that MUST match the one on the paper counterpart? and, assuming no haulier noticed at interview and did not do a dvla phone check, matey is out on the highway ,some herbert runs into his wagon, cops turn up as they usually do when an lgv is involved and runs the stat .checks, a>although other guy is at fault ,who do you think the coppers will focus on? b>the charges for that one would be immense and criminal , most prob. ending up with a jail sentence and life time ban re lgv license and extended car re sit test, oh, and yes, the papers would have a ■■■■■■■ field day with that one ,for days and days, so much for proffessional employment>what next? MP"s lying in court, anyone? poster who asked? i ran an industrial desk in an agency ,years ago ,some will have you ,some will chase you, chap enough doors and seriously ,you will come good and be legal, it is of course your call.(slide that soap over fella, would ya!)

Reply to w.l.d.d.i - Yeah I agree - even if I had another licence I wouldn’t have considered it. As I put in my opening post - I have held a hgv licence and been a professional for over 20 years and apart from a few speedo’s (in a car I hasten to add - but still stupid) in my 27 years of driving - the one major blemish has been the DR10. Thanks for the encouragement re agencies also as I would like to approach some just to get back into the swing of driving again before door-knocking. Do you know any that would take me on? At present, as I have said - I’m working in a warehouse - but it is 4 on 4 off so I do have free time for extra work - and even when wknds come round that isn’t a problem as I have to work them over the cycle anyway :exclamation: :unamused: Cheers

Calm down, Phil’s a rebel.

cdt 1968 its a pity you didnt think about the consequences when you were commiting the offence.i am afraid you will now find it hard to get anyone to take you on.it is all a matter of trust with drivers as a h.g.v. is or can be a lethal weapon.sorry mate but don,t expect any sympathy here. jack.

I always thought “taking on endorsed licences” was all part of getting those vacancies filled that pay close to minimum wage?

Most agencies around here say “6 points OK” for applying, and not all of them say “No DD/DR” either.

Personally, I wouldn’t touch anyone with points at all, but I don’t run an agency, nor set the wages so it don’t really matter what I think. :smiling_imp: