Looking for help!

I know at least 3 companies who will give you a chance with a dr10 on your licence,send us a pm if you wanna know who they are,good luck with it.

Might be best to PM him Taff, not sure he’s a regular.

Hiya…I’d have thought big companies would have that many claims on the insurance a dd was no bother.
I’d try a bigger outfit. another thing they’ll think you.ve learned a lesson. good luck
John

No chance John, big firms will bin drink driving apps straight away.

His only chance is face to face with the gaffer of a small firm who may take a punt on him.

Surely the answer is to apply to everywhere?

99 no’s and 1 yes = a job

no sympathy mate lost a good mate to drunk driver and the ten years on your licence is there for a reason it could be my kids you kill next time if it was up to me you would never drive again you knew the risks when you got behind the wheel of a vehicle drunk so live with it now …

4aaaa4dd:
no sympathy mate lost a good mate to drunk driver and the ten years on your licence is there for a reason it could be my kids you kill next time if it was up to me you would never drive again you knew the risks when you got behind the wheel of a vehicle drunk so live with it now …

Hear hear

nearly there:

4aaaa4dd:

Hear hear

You don’t know the circumstances, He could have felt fine but been a tad over the next morning for all you know.

DrivingMissDaisy:
Some will consider taking you on if you offer to pay the extra premium involved.

+1

back in my TM days I wanted to take on a driver with a 9yr old DD (as it was then), my line manager told me to ring the insurer, the insurer said do what you want just remember that there’s an extra 1k excess if he has a bump.

I took him on and never had an issue, was with us well long enough to lose the DD and get back into normal excess.

TheMissus:

DrivingMissDaisy:
Some will consider taking you on if you offer to pay the extra premium involved.

+1

back in my TM days I wanted to take on a driver with a 9yr old DD (as it was then), my line manager told me to ring the insurer, the insurer said do what you want just remember that there’s an extra 1k excess if he has a bump.

I took him on and never had an issue, was with us well long enough to lose the DD and get back into normal excess.

When was that?
A DD conviction stays on your licence for sentencing purposes for 11 years, But it can only be held against you for employment and insurance purposes for 5 years. (rehabilitation of offenders act).
Other offences stay on your licence for 4 years for sentencing purposes, But should still be declared for 5 years to employers and insurance companies.

So what,you employed a proven liability and he worked out.ill start the fireworks

nearly there:
So what,you employed a proven liability and he worked out.ill start the fireworks

Proven liability? You don’t know the circumstances. What’s with the sarcasm?
Anyone can make a mistake.

limeyphil:

nearly there:

Proven liability? You don’t know the circumstances. What’s with the sarcasm?
Anyone can make a mistake.

I dont need to know his circumstances as he was proven to be over the limit.he drank to much booze fact.is that the sign of a good driver.he chose to drink,no one else and the sarcasm is present as i find that type of person disgusting but thats only imho

I can sympathise with most on here, and i also do for those that have been affected through drink driving. I think there are various degrees of drink driving, but both lead to the same conclusion, Drunk in Charge. Pretty much the same as Murder, Accidental, or Premeditated, all along, someone has lost their life, and believe there should be a charge of Taking someones life regardless of how it happened, the argument could go on for miles, taking a life through an accident, that maybe wasnt their fault, but maybe that can be proved in court. Anyway back to the post, some can drink 6 pints, some 2 pints, and some wobbly on 1 pint, but one thing is certain, we all think we are safe to drive, some are, some are not, some think they are better drivers, but its what the score is when blowing into that little device, and if it shows red, its off to the station, for another test to ascertain, and we dont know the circumstances of the ops case, and its none of our business, but he carries the guilt of his actions, hes paid a price by losing his licence, paid the price by having to do a job he doesnt like, and now he wants a chance to redeem his actions, and he deserves that, maybe it was a routine stop, maybe he just came out of the pub/restaurant, with his keys in his hands, or maybe wanted to sleep it off on the back seat, and the biggest maybe ever, Maybe he hurt no one but himself.
Most of us have been there, some still do, have a can or 2/3/4…on a night out, as lets face it, at every truckstop there is temptation, most have a bar, and a tv, so theres the case for temptation, and the next morning for some, is exactly that, until theyre caught.

truckyboy:
Most of us have been there, some still do, have a can or 2/3/4…on a night out, as lets face it, at every truckstop there is temptation, most have a bar, and a tv, so theres the case for temptation, and the next morning for some, is exactly that, until theyre caught.

It’s a poor do if you can’t unwind with a pint or two (and I do mean “or two”, no more) after a fifteen hour day at work. I always made a point of finding a nice pub near where I was overnighting so I could get myself a meal, a couple of beers and a nice sit down.

Didnt we all, but for some, 2 pints would put them over the top, i could drink 6, and still be capable of driving, but would obviously never pass a breathaliser, but one thing is for sure, i never drink on an empty stomach, which may account for my ability to function, and its also obvious that the older you get, the more tolerant, well thats what i believe, Cheers ! Hic.

limeyphil that was back in the nineties, I could be wrong on how old the offence was but I do remember it was not far off the coming off the licence period.

nearly there my point was that the OP does have a chance of getting employed albeit less than those without a similar conviction, he just needs to find someone to give him a chance to prove himself.

Interesting opinions on this.
However the OP hasn’t been on here since October.
What became of him I wonder?

Prob jailed for drunk driving again