looking for european work

anyone out there know any companies looking for european drivers.

are “european” drivers different to “normal” drivers who do europe? do you mean working out of uk or for a foreign company?
this time of the year is normally quiet as most companies in europe have their vacation periods throughout august so not much happening this side of the water
some of us are sat around the pool drinking cheap wine :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

freshlinc in spalding are starting in europe from october so they may want some drivers

checked with freshlink.Starting in oct bringing flowers back from Holland

welshboyinspain:
some of us are sat around the pool drinking cheap wine :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Life can be so cruel sometimes :unamused: :grimacing:

i think the european work has come to an end, more money in uk, now i think it,s too expensive to work abroad, if you get weekended now you will blow a quarter of your wages. also now you cant make money on controbands because the markup is not feasible plus the chance of confiscation.

browncow2:
if you get weekended now you will blow a quarter of your wages.

Only if you go on the ■■■■ :laughing: there are other things to do that are a lot cheaper

Vascoingles:

browncow2:

Only if you go on the ■■■■ :laughing: there are other things to do that are a lot cheaper

Some of my cheapest weekends were on the ■■■■, wander down to the lido, pay a couple of Euros and watch all the mums trying to teach young Adolf to swim, while I examined the bottoms (of the glasses) :laughing:

Most villages in Germany have them, anyone is welcome and you get to talk to local people.

vasco, i,didn,t mean spending all my money on beer, you can,t sit in cab all weekend living like the talliban.

At 60 eurocents for a litre of wine in Spain it doesn’t cost an enormous amount to go on the pop! However, eating in Autohofs is a seriously expensive business nowadays and I pretty much go self catering if I’m weekended anywhere other than Spain these days.

I have had many a weekend wandering around one place or another exploring and hardly spent nowt

going to be quite a big job for freshlinc by all accounts. first time in holland. there getting all lhd’s daf’s

Yea, I’ve done both types of being weekended, wandering from the services to have a look around the nearest village and just getting a baguette and a bit of cheese is pretty idyllic, as is laying by a pool somewhere as mentioned, but I’ve also been weekended in the middle of several European cities and I’ve always taken the chance to do the tourist thing, up the Eiffel Tower, etc, or from a Swiss MSA, a cable car up a mountain for Sunday lunch with my boy and that can get a bit pricey. I was weekended in Amsterdam a while back and I must have done £150 easily.

Still, no point being the richest man in the graveyard!

A weekend in Venice which can be one of the most expensive places to get stuck in can be done for about 30 quid just wandering around and looking where the natives eat

Vascoingles:
A weekend in Venice which can be one of the most expensive places to get stuck in can be done for about 30 quid just wandering around and looking where the natives eat

I have been there a few times and I still get hopelessly lost, even with a map, but it is a great place apart from the mosquitoes around Tronchetto. last time I was there a day ticket for the boats was only about €8, money well spent Also it is worth going over to Murano to visit the Glass factorys and shops, and if the waether is really nice go over to Lido and have an afternoon on the beach

Vascoingles:

browncow2:

sure like bashing your bishop

Weekending can be done cheaply but equally I don’t care if I spend a lot of money, particularly if it is an interesting place and I am unlikely to go there again. I’m fortunate in that I get paid my full day rate and night-out money if I’m parked up so it doesn’t really matter if I spend the lot.

Having said that, if you are with a couple of buddies then a crate of beer and some camion stew is usually enough for a memorable weekend, even in some poxy Belgian motorway service area!

scaniav8power:
going to be quite a big job for freshlinc by all accounts. first time in holland. there getting all lhd’s daf’s

wonderin how long it will last once the dutch lads get wind of it and hit up the sellers and auctions for directing that work over here? :unamused:

Dont think they will employ any UK drivers on that job. They have hundreds of taliban drivers already. in fact its bloody hard to find someone english in the yard at anytime.

English drivers have a translator to get thru to office staff as they are 90% taliban as well

The work freshlinc have got from holland is what gist are doing at the moment.
Fresh flowers for intergreen tho i was told it was going to be unaccompanied trailers out of harwich or felixstowe.
I did hear that some of their drivers wanted to go over to load the trailers but im guessing that will be the blue eyed boys who also have their name at the top of the list to go to spain before xmas most years :smiley: :smiley: