Looking for advice possible unfair dismissal claim?

Hi I’ve been working at a waste company I was contracted for 3month trial for review and the employer seems to be using ■■■■■■■■ excuses to get rid of me as follows;

1. I’ve been late 3 times since I’ve started lol he’s making a big deal out of this…

2. I’m being accused of “STEALING” A Roll of Blue Roll to clean his lorry out! Although I asked the site and they told me to “Help myself” only to grass me up a few days later lol

3. When I started working for them they didn’t supply or make me aware I was entitled to a company phone for over 3 weeks and I tanned all the minutes on my contract. When I started moaning about it they gave me one and at that time I was in the process of selling my car and buying a new one so used their phone to complete the deal.
    I CAN PROVE ONLY 58MINUTES WORTH OF CALLS ON MY OWN PHONE JUST NOW AS THAT IS TO THE MAIN OFFICE NUMBER… I would have to telephone back all random numbers to find out which ones are work and which personal but estimate over 200minutes used… Again the prick doesn’t see my point and I’ve told him to invoice me and il invoice him but he doesn’t like the sound of that ;(

4)My wife was rushed into hospital on a Sunday night and kept in for 4 days whilst I had to look after my 3 year old who was in the middle of her easter holidays at nursery lucky me. I returned to work Thursday morning only to get a call from her and had to hurry home and get her in an ambulance again. She discharged herself later the same day as pussied out of surgery lol thinking it’ll all go away on its own! SURE!..

Think that’s it I had an argument with director on the Thursday morning when made him aware I had to go he was careful what he was saying but I can tell he thinks it’s ■■■■■■■■ but didn’t say it as such… I have alot of paperwork from hospital about her I can use as evidence… He started trying to pressure me to resign that morning before I left, course I didn’t he then ran to the lorry and started throwing my things on the floor… (Sacking me in my eyes) As I am a grown up i refrained from biting his nose off and instead captured his behaviour on camera he looks a right ■■■■■■■■ it’s a great watch :wink: Especially when I make him pick everything up and hand it to me bit by bit like a good little boy

I’ve been advised to show footage to Acas or CAB but looking for more advice etc this 3month review “Disciplinary” will happen this week and I don’t know if their excuses seem far to petty. He just doesn’t like me because I won’t keep my mouth shut when he trys to treat me like his other lackeys and would rather roll about the floor with him than be made to look an arse…

Think I’ve said enough lol… /discuss [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you’re on a 3 month trail then your not “fully” employed so you’ll get absolutely no where with an unfair dismissal claim.

It’s probably a waste of time persuing a claim for unfair dismissal since you’ve only been in the job 3 months. Putting the footage of the prat on youtube would likely be more satisfying.

The purpose of a trial period is for them to decide if you’re the right person for their company and for you to decide if the jobs for you, they’ve obviously decided that you’re not the person for them and I don’t see that there’s anything you can do about it.

As above. They seem to have made their decision, whether you are on a 3 month probation or not, you have very little case for unfair dismissal. They will need to give you one week’s notice if they are going to do it right, but I would take the filming as gross misconduct to be honest.

tachograph:
The purpose of a trial period is for them to decide if you’re the right person for their company and for you to decide if the jobs for you, they’ve obviously decided that you’re not the person for them and I don’t see that there’s anything you can do about it.

^
This
Theres absolutely no point in persuing an unfair dismissal claim. How much would you gain from such a claim anyway only working for a company for such a short period??
Just pack your stuff and move on. Dont be tempted to put that video online either, the reference youre likely to get from there will be bad enough without making it worse…

Cheers guys lol kinda what I thought took a ■■■■■■■ pay cut to move here to cause I “enjoy” the type of work and flying about in a 4 wheeler what a waste of time

He sounds like a bit of a ■■■■■■ and youre probably better off out of it but im gonna be honest, you dont sound like a model employee either.
Maybe im wrong but I get the impression we arent getting told the full picture about all that happened during your 3 months

As already been said,3 months trial you will be wasting your time taking any action.

They don’t need to list any misdemeanors, trial period of 3 months is exactly that.

Without wanting to offend you in any way you do have to up your game, timekeeping etc, i’ve said this enough times here to bore every bugger but going to say it again :
a good reputation in this industry opens closed doors
a bad rep closes open doors

I wouldn’t be filming my (even ex) boss having a flounce, and i certainly wouldn’t dream of posting it, unless i wanted to ensure i never got another decent job within 50 miles or within my particular sector of the industry.
If they terminate your employment try and leave on decent terms with a handshake, make yourself the bigger man.

You can be let go at anytime within 2 years, for any valid reason as long as there’s no predjudice in the reason. You’ll find it hard to prove unfair dismissal when you agreed to a trial and turned up late on 3 occasions, let alone the he said she said on the theft of the blue roll. You’ll have to put this one down to experience I’m afraid

All said previous 3 months trial… is a trial, they tried you and decided rightly or wrongly they don’t want you.
On the other hand they do not sound as if driver’s welfare or value of their drivers is top of their list, so maybe you are best away from them.

However, if I could say without causing offence mate but to maybe advise…take it or leave it.

Firstly there is nobody more than me who does not arse crawl, take it up the rear, be pushed by anybody or allow to be abused or all the rest of it…that said.
If I was on a 3 month trial, and assuming I liked the job I would have been the model employee, keeping a low profile, and my head down, without doing all the things I listed previously.

To be fair mate you do come across with a bit of an attitude, so maybe consider that on your next trial, as I said mate, no offence…up to you. :bulb:

Why not post the footage on here, give us all a laugh. :smiley:

In 3 months the OP has earned some cash, gained experience, learned a few lessons. Now it’s time to move on

Case closed

robroy:
All said previous 3 months trial… is a trial, they tried you and decided rightly or wrongly they don’t want you.
On the other hand they do not sound as if driver’s welfare or value of their drivers is top of their list, so maybe you are best away from them.

However, if I could say without causing offence mate but to maybe advise…take it or leave it.

Firstly there is nobody more than me who does not arse crawl, take it up the rear, be pushed by anybody or allow to be abused or all the rest of it…that said.
If I was on a 3 month trial, and assuming I liked the job I would have been the model employee, keeping a low profile, and my head down, without doing all the things I listed previously.

To be fair mate you do come across with a bit of an attitude, so maybe consider that on your next trial, as I said mate, no offence…up to you. :bulb:

Why not post the footage on here, give us all a laugh. :smiley:

Lol its not all bad I can go back to my ex employer no problem going to see him this afternoon I just fancied a change after a few years on artics. I could be myself there with no issues… ■■■■ it [emoji14]

Got that meeting on Thursday il update what’s said I’ve got a feeling they will offer my job back if I bend over likes expected. They can ■■■■ right off jobs are 10 a penny regardless what others think that’s just my experience

Its all been said and done mate…but why would you want that job back with the way you have been treated…walk away…go back to your old employer…til;l something else comes along that suits…at least you have a job offer so you can at least earn whilst looking for another.

yeah you don’t really have a leg to stand on within that trial period.

How late were you on these three occasions?

In 26 years I’ve been late four times, pretty much the same for the rest of the staff.

As Ovlov says, 2,years and they can get shut of you with no comeback bar race, disabiity, discrimination.

c’mon Rye86,put the video on you tube,give us a laugh,seriously though if an employer makes his/her mind up to get rid of you they will find a way,i know from my experiences,i usually wait for the sack then tell them to shove it,sometimes gets up their nose if you show them you could not give a toss

The same as everyone else. A trial is a trial. you win some, you lose some.
Less than two years service = not a snowball’s chance of any comeback.
Shake hands and move on. Don’t make enemies, every industry is incestuous