Looking for a scrap trailer

Hello fellow truckers
Round about September time Im looking to buy a full size 45 footer scrap fridge trailer
The fridge bit is not important so long as it is a boxed trailer and not a curtain
Something like an MOT failed and can be bough cheep!

Its needs transporting to Northampton so some where within a 50 miles radius should do
Then I need someone with a low loader to transport it

Anyone know of any scrap yards that buy and sell trailers and what do you think I should be paying for it

Thanks
B&G

Is this the geezer in the red lion layby upgrading his home?? :grimacing: :grimacing:

Even an absolute wreck pulled from a field will make near £1k. £1500 for anything relatively safe to pull on the road and dry inside.

Not really such a thing as a cheap MOT fail for trailers.

Own Account Driver:
Even an absolute wreck pulled from a field will make near £1k. £1500 for anything relatively safe to pull on the road and dry inside.

Yes but this is Boss & Driver :confused:

bald bloke:

Own Account Driver:

Yes but this is Boss & Driver :confused:

:laughing:

Are you going to turn it into a four star hotel? :bulb:

I knew this was a big mistake
singing in as B&G
But my firefox browser has gone ■■■■ up and it has all the cookies stored in it including my other user name
I know my other user name but I don’t know how to spell it so hear I am on internet explorer
Now I have done it haven’t I; if I somehow get logged in as my other half and ask the question again then everyone will still know it is me and give daft answers and most importantly know who I am then stay shy of my other side
But on a good note my internet explorer has a spell checker red line under the word on it so at least you will know what I’m rambling on about

Own Account Driver:

I was not expecting to pull it on the road!

Boss & Driver:
Its needs transporting to Northampton so some where within a 50 miles radius should do
Then I need someone with a low loader to transport it

About A grand is what I was expecting to pay for it anyway
I don’t know what one weighs but last time I looked scrap metal was fetching £130 a tone
Then they have the work of removing the box only to dispose of it in the correct manor

Yes boys you guessed it
This is to be used as a home/ work shop/ storage container; parked outside the red lion
But not the one your thinking of I’m talking about the red lion truck stop
And probably another grand spent on doing it up; fitting boilers and fire stoves and stuff
though about getting a double decker bus; would draw less attention and more room inside
But with all that glass would get bloody cold in winter and dam hot in the summer

Be better off with a shipping container. The sides of a box trailer aren’t that strong. You’re looking around £1200 for a 40ft now. They used to be nearly £2k but the prices have dropped recently.

Don’t know why more people don’t turn shipping containers into living accommodation.

Conor:
Be better off with a shipping container. The sides of a box trailer aren’t that strong. You’re looking around £1200 for a 40ft now. They used to be nearly £2k but the prices have dropped recently.

Don’t know why more people don’t turn shipping containers into living accommodation.

Or they could just relax planning rules so people didn’t have to.

A shipping container dumped in a public layby would draw to much attention but something on wheels that can be moved or at least look like it moves and is never always there one could get away with

Boss & Driver:
A shipping container dumped in a public layby would draw to much attention but something on wheels that can be moved or at least look like it moves and is never always there one could get away with

Mmmm, don’t go mad with the hanging baskets though.

Boss & Driver:
I knew this was a big mistake
singing in as B&G
But my firefox browser has gone ■■■■ up and it has all the cookies stored in it including my other user name
I know my other user name but I don’t know how to spell it so hear I am on internet explorer
Now I have done it haven’t I; if I somehow get logged in as my other half and ask the question again then everyone will still know it is me and give daft answers and most importantly know who I am then stay shy of my other side
But on a good note my internet explorer has a spell checker red line under the word on it so at least you will know what I’m rambling on about

Somehow I doubt signing on under a different user name would help, you are very distinctive. I still have doubts that you’re actually a troll, but benefit of doubt and all and to hell with it for a laugh :smiley: . A trailer workshop? That’s pretty interesting. Wouldn’t a fridge when hacked about be a bit flimsy once the structure is compromised? You’ve got insulation to get through to cut out any windows for natural light. Containers seem to be used well for office space etc so maybe worth looking at cost for buying one and getting it delivered and popped onto concrete foundation blocks. What are you doing for electricity, sanitation etc?

May need to think about a roof
pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi … GB&alt=web

What about the hire companies that do the living acc for the M/way recovery lads. They now have to have proper stuff, not a caravan on the hard shoulder

eBay item number:

Help me out guys boss & driver I know this name it rings a bell but I carnt put my finger on it ? :-S

Toddy2
this link?
ebay.co.uk/itm/291181070954? … 26_rdc%3D1

Hiya …how about a container on a trailer. just get a 40ft.trailer stick a container on and half a dozen runs of weld.
Job done.
John

Containers are not ideal as they condensate a lot ,I’ve had a fridge body for years it’s a great store shed .if you get a container you’ll need to put a second roof on ,or insulate inside by creating a cavity .

SWEDISH BLUE:
Toddy2
this link?
ebay.co.uk/itm/291181070954? … 26_rdc%3D1

yeah - that’s the one

Own Account Driver:

Conor:

Or they could just relax planning rules so people didn’t have to.

They did a couple of years ago. Lots and lots of planning regs were consigned to the bin with the new emphasis being on approving projects.