Looking for a scrap trailer

Boss & Driver:
Hello fellow truckers
Round about September time Im looking to buy a full size 45 footer scrap fridge trailer
The fridge bit is not important so long as it is a boxed trailer and not a curtain
Something like an MOT failed and can be bough cheep!

Its needs transporting to Northampton so some where within a 50 miles radius should do
Then I need someone with a low loader to transport it

Anyone know of any scrap yards that buy and sell trailers and what do you think I should be paying for it

Thanks
B&G

scrapmetalforum.com/scrap-me … scrap.html

Immigrant:

Boss & Driver:
Hello fellow truckers
Round about September time Im looking to buy a full size 45 footer scrap fridge trailer
The fridge bit is not important so long as it is a boxed trailer and not a curtain

Its needs transporting to Northampton so some where within a 50 miles radius should do

Anyone know of any scrap yards that buy and sell trailers and what do you think I should be paying for it

Thanks
B&G

Hmm, I think by the time B&D had brought it over from Maine, USA his cost may have risen slightly!

Toddy2:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Toddy2
this link?
ebay.co.uk/itm/291181070954? … 26_rdc%3D1

yeah - that’s the one

440 quid sounded cheep!
Cant rely see much by the photo though as its end of auction and dose not let you zoom in or view other photos
Is that just the box or chases as well?

I would need to trailer complete; cant just dump a box or shipping container on a public layby!

Bacon Sandwich:

Immigrant:

Boss & Driver:
Hello fellow truckers

Thanks
B&G

Hmm, I think by the time B&D had brought it over from Maine, USA his cost may have risen slightly!

Quite right

Had a look on ebay as that is where all the junk seams to end up but not a lot of scrap artic trailers rely
Tried the scrap yard in Daventry that do commercials and no joy with them as well

This is going to be a tough one

Its not a tough one if you’ve a £2000 budget but if you’re trying to do it on much less you’re going to struggle.

Spotted this on the bay

ebay.co.uk/itm/261526867098

It’s a while ago now but I was told then that a scrap fridge trailer was worth about 3 grand in aluminium alone :open_mouth: