Longs of Leeds

Anyone know what the pay is like at the above company basic overtime and how many hours basic

I have a friend on Facebook who drives for them, he’s been there a number of years and has never been given a pay raise, nor has anyone else there. He is just trying to find somewhere better before leaving the security of long term employment.

SHYTOT:
Anyone know what the pay is like at the above company basic overtime and how many hours basic

Hull depot is barely above minimum wage.

Pat Hasler:
I have a friend on Facebook who drives for them, he’s been there a number of years and has never been given a pay raise, nor has anyone else there. He is just trying to find somewhere better before leaving the security of long term employment.

They got a pay rise about six months ago

I heard the pay rise was 18p per hour

There’s a few similar post on here about Longs, and none of them are particularly any good !

I was always led to belive that Longs were a decent company to work for

I heard they were crap

I did it on agency both day runs and tramping. From my experience running from Hull and doing the odd job from Leeds when tramping they were decent to work for, I was driving an almost new truck and the job was easy enough with most trailers already loaded by shunters but the pay was crap. A bit like Reed Boardall.

Its one of those jobs which I think of as being better than the dole but you’ll be driving down the road knowing most of the drivers you see on the road will be getting paid more than you.

Conor:
I did it on agency both day runs and tramping. From my experience running from Hull and doing the odd job from Leeds when tramping they were decent to work for, I was driving an almost new truck and the job was easy enough with most trailers already loaded by shunters but the pay was crap. A bit like Reed Boardall.

Its one of those jobs which I think of as being better than the dole but you’ll be driving down the road knowing most of the drivers you see on the road will be getting paid more than you.

Somebody told me reed boardall were on crap money,i was also told the trampers dont have a allocated unit and just take whats in the yard ,is this true, :question: anybody ever worked there :question: i can understand the money being crap as i dont see there being many jobs up their neck of the woods :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Longs allways come across as one of those firms where the drivers have been there donkeys years and are happy with their lot and just plod on :unamused: :unamused:

seth 70:

Conor:

Somebody told me reed boardall were on crap money,i was also told the trampers dont have a allocated unit and just take whats in the yard ,is this true, :question: anybody ever worked there :question: i can understand the money being crap as i dont see there being many jobs up their neck of the woods :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

yes its all true

When you say crap wages remember crap to one person is fair to another.
so what is crap

Reed Boardall have just changed their pay to £8.50 straight through with no overtime rate Mon-Fri. Still no allocated units for trampers.

Once you’ve been there a while you learn how to game the job to your advantage. Much of your time is spent sat on loading bays so its not hard work for the money. You spend half the working day being paid to watch Youtube or films or read a book.

As Shytot points out, what is crap to one person is fair to another and doing some ■■■ packet calculations based on the industry average working week of 55hrs (excluding breaks) it works out at £7.48/hr on the old “time and a half after 8hrs” which makes it not much less than agency. Whilst it may sound crap wages to you lot in the Midlands and the south, to us in rural North and East Yorkshire its about average money.

Conor:
Once you’ve been there a while you learn how to game the job to your advantage. Much of your time is spent sat on loading bays so its not hard work for the money. You spend half the working day being paid to watch Youtube or films or read a book.

As Shytot points out, what is crap to one person is fair to another and doing some ■■■ packet calculations based on the industry average working week of 55hrs (excluding breaks) it works out at £7.48/hr on the old “time and a half after 8hrs” which makes it not much less than agency. Whilst it may sound crap wages to you lot in the Midlands and the south, to us in rural North and East Yorkshire its about average money.

Whats this ,longs or reed boardhall :question: :question:

Reed Boardall.

Hi shytot get a job at seniors haulage darton £9 then overtime at time and a half.

Thanks
Aftab

Dont tell everyone there might be a mad rush to Seniors and you might end up out of work

Longs of leeds pay 7.43 ph for a 55 hour week. I was a long term agency driver there. Got sick of doing multi drop. centre of london on a fri…all little ■■■■■■ timber yards