Longest youve been at a rdc

Any guesses how long this poor chap has been waiting

11hrs at argos Stafford.

Turned up in Madrid one Friday night, It was at CAT machinery, I had two generators for them, Usually you get tipped in 15-30 minutes and they’re open on Saturday mornings. Not this time, They didn’t open until Tuesday.
■■■■■■■ sunburnt, and bitten by mosquito.

Excuse my ignorance guys, but why do they take so long & do your gaffers accept these delays??

I deliver timber & if we’re held up any more than an hour without a seriously good reason, their load goes away!

Sitting for 4 or 5 hours would be unthinkable (& probably pretty boring after a while) :open_mouth:

toby1234abc:
It would good to put one of those plastic skeletons,like the school biology class used to have,put in the drivers seat,and hide in the bushes to see their faces.

:laughing: :laughing: Quality

Did 9 hours at woolies in swindon many years ago. which wouldnt have been a problem, but i was in a 7.5t with no bunk and no night heater in November. :laughing:

It wouldn’t be so bad if at an RDC where you’re allowed to stay in your cab would it?

I’m wondering if I found myself 15 hours at some dump where you get divorced from your can in a portacabin if it’s tatically better to accidentally deliberately get banned from site… :smiling_imp: :unamused:

Limey Phil, did you go to Freds at Coslada, he speaks many languages, and has not aged that much, he is still trading at a cafe under a block of flats, and you can park near the flats.
I used to park at the back of Spain TIR depot, free shower and cheap workers canteen, and a restaurant called the Matador, that did a great drivers menu.
Then i would get the train in to the city centre and be a tourist for the night. :smiley:

Not an RDC, but I spent 13 hours in Hartlepool.

Took a 40’ freezer container up from Southampton for an 8am booking. Arrived in good time and 6 agency lads turned up to get the box tipped so I settled down to watch a film. A bit of shaking and bumping as they hand balled these boxes of frozen ready meals onto pallets.

After 2 hours I popped my head around the corner of the box and they were only about a quarter of the way through, so I decided that I had plenty of time for a kip. Woke up 2 hours later and had another look. The agency guys had had enough of this physical labour and buggered off!

My boss didn’t really care as we charged them demurrage, and I didn’t care as I was paid by the hour!

toby1234abc:
Limey Phil, did you go to Freds at Coslada, he speaks many languages, and has not aged that much, he is still trading at a cafe under a block of flats, and you can park near the flats.
I used to park at the back of Spain TIR depot, free shower and cheap workers canteen, and a restaurant called the Matador, that did a great drivers menu.
Then i would get the train in to the city centre and be a tourist for the night. :smiley:

Not been to freds for a very long time, 1990 i think.

Just over 5 hours, but about an hour & a half of that was waiting for a tyre fitter to come out and fix a flat on the unit - had to laugh when the Security Supervisor asked me to drive out of the RDC & wait for the fitter in the layby up the road; claimed they didnt allow repairs to be done on site. When the fitter arrived, it took him 20 minutes to get through the gate.

Winseer:
It wouldn’t be so bad if at an RDC where you’re allowed to stay in your cab would it?

I’m wondering if I found myself 15 hours at some dump where you get divorced from your can in a portacabin if it’s tatically better to accidentally deliberately get banned from site… :smiling_imp: :unamused:

talking of getting banned on site i was once in tesco middlewich and a driver was telling me about something which had just happened which i missed.a driver had got his load and was waiting for it topping up and a bottle of beer rolled to the back of the trailer so he thought “this is handy” and cracked it open,five minutes later he was being breathalised and banned from site,one of the managers was looking out of the window and seen him.was it anybody on here ? :blush:

Almost 11 hours at sainsburys stone about 2 and 1/2 years ago on saturday rate.

Drive on friday had a breakdown so couldn’t deliver it so they made me wait and wait saturday.

Arrived at Tesco Kilsby at 17.00 for a 17.30 tip…ran out of time at 21.00 and still load not checked…Refused to move off site …spent the night opposite the bays next to the rail yard exit …went back at 6.30am and still had to wait an hour for paperwork back ! All in all about 14 hours :smiley:

Not an RDC but longest i have waited was at a place in Burnley waiting for 25tonne of wallpaper to be loaded into a 40ft high cube.

Got there at 8:45 and left at 15:45, 7 hours i was there, laptop battery died as i didnt have an inverter phone battery died as i left my in car charger in the car! i was pulling my hair out!

ady1:
was told one of ours was at morr wakfield for 9 hrs 50 mins :open_mouth: :open_mouth: [5 mins is enough for me at that dump],i just wondered is that a record,ive heard plenty of 4/5 hrs but nearly 10 hrs,surely no ones been longer or have they :question:

I’ve done all the Morries and the Wakefield one is definitely the slowest. The longest I think I’ve had to wait there was about 3 hours. That was on Chilled. I know Ambient can take a lot longer.

Have had 7 hours at Wakefield but last week was in morrisons Bradford 17 mins from gatehouse to gatehouse only 2 pallets though.

In the Eighties in Spain. 3 days.
Half way through emptying the tank the power failed !
Until it was pumped out and clean i had to stay…ooooh what a good beach i found.
It was great.

About 7 hours at Poundland, Bilston.
Didn’t even get on a bay.
As I got my paperwork back the goods in bloke said they had only tipped 4 loads all day cos they had no room. Couldn’t believe firms actually work that way. Now realise most seem to.

6 hours to do 9 drops in new spittalfields market with fresh fruit I had reloaded in france . got the same load 2 weeks later and blocked in one on the cloggies who was a nice chap who showed me his friend £20 was exchanged and I was away in a hour !!!
this was 2 days before Christmas and they said if I get out of there quickly go to Waltham point and load trays and home
if not park in southall and do the bread run the next night which usually ended in a change over and going back out to Boulogne with the fish .
luckily for me I was home on the early hours of the 23rd December !!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: