Longer Semi - Trailers ~ Where are they?

Hello

Since the Government announced the launch of the Longer Semi - Trailer’s trial, I have been looking for them every time I’ve been out of the Motorways and UK roads.

So far though (much to my disappointment), I have only see three of trailers, which where all the smaller sized trailer of the two on trial

Therefore, this thread is for any photos of UK Longer Semi - Trailers please

Also, a drivers out there looking at this thread who have driven a truck pulling a LST, any experiences/tales of driving them would be very welcome.

Come on Trucknet, let’s see those Longer Semi - Trailers :smiley: !

Kindest regards
CG

I’d say there better at cornering but only on corners where you don’t have to worry about tail swing.
There is a knack to reversing them but ok once you have it.

asda pass our yard with a fridge one on a regular basis, ill try and get a photo, the only other one I see on a regular basis are Harbro animal feeds. again don’t have a photo but they are about

I’ve seen Lenham Storage with one, Argos have a double decker curtain one which looks battered to bits. Walkers crisps also have them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375054711.510311.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375054717.087885.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375054724.279965.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375054729.939949.jpg

m1cks:
I’d say there better at cornering but only on corners where you don’t have to worry about tail swing.
There is a knack to reversing them but ok once you have it.

Hello m1cks

Many thanks for that marra.

After seeing one or two going around corners, I’d agree with you there

They seem to manage the corners better

Kindest regards
CG

m1cks:
I’ve seen Lenham Storage with one, Argos have a double decker curtain one which looks battered to bits. Walkers crisps also have them.

m1cks:

Hello m1cks

Excellent photos marra. Many thanks

Many thanks also for your LST sightings

Kindest regards
CG

m1cks:

Hello m1cks

Excellent photo marra. Many thanks

I have seen one of the smaller LST of the two on trail in the livery of Royal Mail but not the longer size

Kindest regards
CG

stuartrobbie:
asda pass our yard with a fridge one on a regular basis, ill try and get a photo, the only other one I see on a regular basis are Harbro animal feeds. again don’t have a photo but they are about

Hello stuartrobbie

Many thanks for your post marra

If you could get some photos of the ASDA, that would be great marra

Interesting sightings marra. I see Harbro quite often but never seen its LST yet

Kindest regards
CG

■■■■■■■■ gill:

m1cks:

Hello m1cks

I have seen one of the smaller LST of the two on trail in the livery of Royal Mail but not the longer size

Kindest regards
CG

Royal Mail have around 45 of the longer semi trailers not 2.

m1cks:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

m1cks:

Hello m1cks

Kindest regards
CG

Royal Mail have around 45 of the longer semi trailers not 2.

Hello m1cks

Many thanks for correcting me there marra :smiley:

Do you know how many ASDA & Bibby have on trail?

Kindest regards
CG

The only ones I See on a regular basis here in the south are ASDA and the ccasional Royal Mail.

I did see a double decker somewhere last week further north but i can’t remember who’s it was.

Cheers
Neilf

Are firms using there on general? Could the extra length cause issues at tight parking spaces with swing when moving out?.,we have some in our yard not got a clue what they are going to be used for they ain’t moved yet

Nestlé have got at least 3 been sat in York for quite a while. Just been stickered ready for work over the past week or so.

United Biscuits have also been using them for quite a while too! Liveried up as McVities!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reubs766:
Nestlé have got at least 3 been sat in York for quite a while. Just been stickered ready for work over the past week or so.

United Biscuits have also been using them for quite a while too! Liveried up as McVities!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hello Reubs766

Many thanks for you post marra

I’m sure that someone said that United Biscuits have got a double decker LST but I can’t be certain about that

Kindest regards
CG

neilf:
The only ones I See on a regular basis here in the south are ASDA and the ccasional Royal Mail.

I did see a double decker somewhere last week further north but i can’t remember who’s it was.

Cheers
Neilf

Hello neilf

Thankyou for your LST sightings marra. Many thanks

It wouldn’t be ASDA you saw with a double decker LST would it?

Kindest regards
CG

yorkshire terrier:
Are firms using there on general? Could the extra length cause issues at tight parking spaces with swing when moving out?.,we have some in our yard not got a clue what they are going to be used for they ain’t moved yet

Hello Yorkshire terrier

Thankyou for your post marra.

I suspect most of the companies who have LST are using them on general haulage work.

Yes, I suspect that extra length will cause issues at tight parking spaces and delivery bays.

Most RDC’s and Haulage Depots can’t cope with the current trailers let a lone a LST!

Do you know how many Downton have got licenced for marra?

Kindest regards
CG

Have a look here - it’s a list of all companies allowed to trial the longer trailers and how many they can run. Looking at the figures there’s quite a few which I don’t think have put as many on the road as they’re allowed to.

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … n-list.doc

■■■■■■■■ gill:

yorkshire terrier:

Hello Yorkshire terrier

Thankyou for your post marra.

I suspect most of the companies who have LST are using them on general haulage work.

Yes, I suspect that extra length will cause issues at tight parking spaces and delivery bays.

Most RDC’s and Haulage Depots can’t cope with the current trailers let a lone a LST!

Do you know how many Downton have got licenced for marra?

Kindest regards
CG

Don’t know exactly how many but about 8 in our Runcorn depot got some in jigsaw livery aswell