Longer Semi - Trailers ~ Where are they?

yorkshire terrier:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

yorkshire terrier:
Are firms using there on general? Could the extra length cause issues at tight parking spaces with swing when moving out?.,we have some in our yard not got a clue what they are going to be used for they ain’t moved yet

Hello Yorkshire terrier

Thankyou for your post marra.

I suspect most of the companies who have LST are using them on general haulage work.

Yes, I suspect that extra length will cause issues at tight parking spaces and delivery bays.

Most RDC’s and Haulage Depots can’t cope with the current trailers let a lone a LST!

Do you know how many Downton have got licenced for marra?

Kindest regards
CG

Don’t know exactly how many but about 8 in our Runcorn depot got some in jigsaw livery aswell

Got authorisation for 62 in total. Like I said, I don’t think many companies are using their full allocation.
The biggest reason is probably cost. This is only a 10 year trial (which can be stopped at any time) spending more on a trailer that can be banned from use at any time is a big gamble.

m1cks:
Have a look here - it’s a list of all companies allowed to trial the longer trailers and how many they can run. Looking at the figures there’s quite a few which I don’t think have put as many on the road as they’re allowed to.

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … n-list.doc

Hello m1cks

Many thanks for that marra. That’s excellent

Kindest regards
CG

yorkshire terrier:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

yorkshire terrier:
Are firms using there on general? Could the extra length cause issues at tight parking spaces with swing when moving out?.,we have some in our yard not got a clue what they are going to be used for they ain’t moved yet

Hello Yorkshire terrier

I suspect most of the companies who have LST are using them on general haulage work.

Yes, I suspect that extra length will cause issues at tight parking spaces and delivery bays.

Most RDC’s and Haulage Depots can’t cope with the current trailers let a lone a LST!

Kindest regards
CG

Don’t know exactly how many but about 8 in our Runcorn depot got some in jigsaw livery aswell

Hello Yorkshire terrier

Many thanks for that marra

I didn’t realise Downton had a partnership with Jigsaw. I thought that was all Pollock Scotrans

Kindest regards
CG

m1cks:

yorkshire terrier:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

yorkshire terrier:

Hello Yorkshire terrier

Kindest regards
CG

Got authorisation for 62 in total. Like I said, I don’t think many companies are using their full allocation.
The biggest reason is probably cost. This is only a 10 year trial (which can be stopped at any time) spending more on a trailer that can be banned from use at any time is a big gamble.

Hello m1cks

Many thanks for that marra.

Yes, I do belive that to be the case with Stobart’s.

They aren’t going to take up all the trailers licenced

Kindest regards
CG

Hi! So how long are this looongtrailers then?

Reg Danne

Here’s a nice looking one Marra
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375216152.064420.jpg

I notice Royal Mail seem to have 2 different types, one with the rear axle well back and another with it closer to the other 2.

Also noticed a Culina (i think) Reefer on the A34 tonight

Reubs766:
Nestlé have got at least 3 been sat in York for quite a while. Just been stickered ready for work over the past week or so.

Nestle have got 5 in all. (Ithink as stated they can have more but are trialling them on routes etc to see the value)
They are going round the sites to let the shunters train on them, staff load them etc
I think there are two at ESL Bardon (or at least there were at the end of last week)
AFAIK they are plain white and fleet numbers begin with XLT

Soldier z:

Reubs766:
Nestlé have got at least 3 been sat in York for quite a while. Just been stickered ready for work over the past week or so.

Nestle have got 5 in all. (Ithink as stated they can have more but are trialling them on routes etc to see the value)
They are going round the sites to let the shunters train on them, staff load them etc
I think there are two at ESL Bardon (or at least there were at the end of last week)

There’s been 3 sat in Nestlé at York for quite a while. They were stickered up possibly 2/3 weeks ago.

nickyboy:
I notice Royal Mail seem to have 2 different types, one with the rear axle well back and another with it closer to the other 2.

Also noticed a Culina (i think) Reefer on the A34 tonight

Hello nickyboy

Many thanks for those spots marra

Kindest regards
CG

Reubs766:

Soldier z:

Reubs766:

There’s been 3 sat in Nestlé at York for quite a while. They were stickered up possibly 2/3 weeks ago.

Hello Reubs766

What livery’s are the Nestle trailers in?

Kindest regards
CG

Dirty Dan:

Reg Danne

Hello Dirty Dan

The trailer lengths of the two on trail are:

14.6m (Smaller size)
15.65m (Larger Size)

Kindest regards
CG

Leyland 680:
Here’s a nice looking one Marra 0

Excellent photo Leyland 680

I’m sure that Elddis is the longest/largest trailer in the UK?

Kindest regards
CG

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Reubs766:

Soldier z:

Reubs766:

Hello Reubs766

Kindest regards
CG

They are just in promotional stickers as Nestlé usually do with their trailers. If I remember rightly, they weren’t even advertising that they were longer trailers. They are just more noticeable when parked up because they’re longer, so stick out more. They’ve also got the XLT number, as said previously, and they’ve got a yellow sticker on the front to inform the drivers that only trained drivers are allowed to operate them. I will get some photo’s next time I pull a trailer out of there.

Soldier z:

Reubs766:

Hello Soldier z

Yes, Stobart’s at Bardon have got two trailers based there

Most of the LST for Stobarts are at Appleton and Chelford

Kindest regards
CG

Reubs766:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Reubs766:

Soldier z:

Reubs766:

Hello Reubs766

Kindest regards
CG

They are just in promotional stickers as Nestlé usually do with their trailers. If I remember rightly, they weren’t even advertising that they were longer trailers. They are just more noticeable when parked up because they’re longer, so stick out more. They’ve also got the XLT number, as said previously, and they’ve got a yellow sticker on the front to inform the drivers that only trained drivers are allowed to operate them. I will get some photo’s next time I pull a trailer out of there.

Hello Reubs766

I did wonder if Nestle would wrap them in livery’s of the companies sweets/products

Excellent. I will look forward to see them

Kindest regards
CG

Thanks CG!Always wonder about that.Here in Sweden trailer lengths up to 18m is verry comon. Good to see then you got lenghts of your trailers :smiley: Here is a Picture of my old girl and i had 18m 4axl trailer.

Reg Danne

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Dirty Dan:

Reg Danne

Hello Dirty Dan

14.6m (Smaller size)
15.65m (Larger Size)

Kindest regards
CG

United Biscuits at Ashby have a fair few in use, they also have the big yellow sticker on the headboard saying that only proper drivers can operate them. :laughing:
Pets at Home have a few as well, not sure if they’re on store deliveries or North/South changeovers, also ND has trialled one for one of the home appliance contracts shuttling white goods between the factory and distribution centre.

Dirty Dan:
Thanks CG!Always wonder about that.Here in Sweden trailer lengths up to 18m is verry comon. Good to see then you got lenghts of your trailers :smiley: Here is a Picture of my old girl and i had 18m 4axl trailer.

Reg Danne

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Dirty Dan:

Reg Danne

Hello Dirty Dan

14.6m (Smaller size)
15.65m (Larger Size)

Kindest regards
CG

Hello Dirty Dan

Your very welcome marra.

Excellent photo and a very smart truck marra

What are 18m trailers like to pull? Are the easy for moving about tight yards/locations?

Kindest regards
CG

Rentadent:
United Biscuits at Ashby have a fair few in use, they also have the big yellow sticker on the headboard saying that only proper drivers can operate them. :laughing:
Pets at Home have a few as well, not sure if they’re on store deliveries or North/South changeovers, also ND has trialled one for one of the home appliance contracts shuttling white goods between the factory and distribution centre.

Hello Rentadent

Are the Pets at Home trailers owned by Downton or Pets at Home?

Kindest regards
CG