Long time no speak

Evening all,

Not posted on here in a good while now first joined when driving a wagon was the dream and few years later I’m living mine :laughing:

Figured I’d ask if anybody would be interested in a little diary of my next couple of weeks out and about of my 4 week stint. I work as a tanker driver delivering water to the grinder trains around the country.

I’ve been posting on my Facebook the meals I’ve been making whilst out on the road as to prove we can eat well out here so will maybe post the results on here too.

Hope we’re all keeping well given the circumstances! Stay safe!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

hello mate I remember your posts when you was on for prestons, ye stick some diaries on about your job etc something different in these strange times we are living in helps kill the boredom… :slight_smile:

jonnytruckfest:
Evening all,

Not posted on here in a good while now first joined when driving a wagon was the dream and few years later I’m living mine :laughing:

Figured I’d ask if anybody would be interested in a little diary of my next couple of weeks out and about of my 4 week stint. I work as a tanker driver delivering water to the grinder trains around the country.

I’ve been posting on my Facebook the meals I’ve been making whilst out on the road as to prove we can eat well out here so will maybe post the results on here too.

Cheers

Where do you do this

Yeah be interesting to hear more about your job. Sounds a little different which is something that always appealed to me. :wink:

Bigtruck3:

jonnytruckfest:
Evening all,

Cheers

Where do you do this

We get all over the place top of Scotland Cornwall, I find I tend to be in paddock wood, Tonbridge etc quite a bit. This week I’ve been between Paddock Wood and hitchin.

Cheers

If I remember rightly (although I’m sure to be corrected if not) a cubic metre of water is 1000kg and consists of 1000 litres.

But I had more than 20,000kgs on board. :laughing:

More than 20,000 Litres …

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

Munchkin:

“It was a six wheeler which carried 20000 litres” . Can’t be any clearer I’m afraid.

the maoster:

Munchkin:

“It was a six wheeler which carried 20000 litres” . Can’t be any clearer I’m afraid.

I was actually answering Jake’s question about the capacity of the OP’s water tank!

Munchkin:

the maoster:

Munchkin:

I was actually answering Jake’s question about the capacity of the OP’s water tank!

Munchkin I just wished the OP had answered earlier and saved all this childish nonsense. Yeah I reckon the OP’s tanker probably holds about 35,000 litres.

ffs jonny you aint been on here for years now look at the ■■■■ you’ve started already… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

no where near 35000 l , he’s only running at 40t…

m.a.n rules:

Ah ok, it was just a guess! Come on Jonny, what is it? :wink:

Hey ho.
So much time, so little to do!! :grimacing:

Old John:
Hey ho.

i’m the devils advocate… :wink:

m.a.n rules:

Old John:
Hey ho.

i’m the devils advocate… :wink:

Surely not? I would never have noticed if you hadn’t mentioned it. :bulb:

jakethesnake:

m.a.n rules:

Ah ok, it was just a guess! Come on Jonny, what is it? :wink:

32,000 litres to fill it right up, due to axle weights 26,000 litres is what we can fill it legally. Which if we have 4403 which takes 28,000 from empty can be a bit annoying :cry: :laughing:

m.a.n rules:
ffs jonny you aint been on here for years now look at the [zb] you’ve started already… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Didn’t think it would be long before I did :laughing:

Cheers

Thanks Jonny, hope to hear more about it later. :wink:

Hi johnny, welcome back , just humour me for a moment will you.
What exactly is rail grinding ? Purpose of, reason for please.
No smutty innuendo please chaps, this is a family show.
Thanks
Jim